What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drastic Change of opinion?

Who do the haterz hate more?

• Total voters

Doomednow

Bench
Before I came on this forum I had no problem with Souths. But listening to the stream of crap that comes out the circus that is a Souths supporter's mind had gradually but consistently helped me build up a disdain for them. All this self proclaimed greatness and bullsh*t has to stop if you want any respect.

Bringing up crap from over a hundred years ago and warping it with your own personal spin doesn't help either. You might be better off supporting AFL. Would fit right in with mob.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Before I came on this forum I had no problem with Souths. But listening to the stream of crap that comes out the circus that is a Souths supporter's mind had gradually but consistently helped me build up a disdain for them. All this self proclaimed greatness and bullsh*t has to stop if you want any respect.

Bringing up crap from over a hundred years ago and warping it with your own personal spin doesn't help either. You might be better off supporting AFL. Would fit right in with mob.
We welcome you to the Souths haterism bandwagon. Expect your membership card to come in the mail soon. But also be prepared for a mass suicide of many of your fellow bandwagoners in early October.

This is the type of dribble that can ignite a Souths fan.
Interesting amount of time fans like Tonearm spend putting boot into Souths versus spending time on their own team.
As a passionate Souths fans , i will periodically respond to such stupid comments.however i do not go trolling looking for stories about other teams and then putting the boot in.

appears some facts
1)Souths sell newspapers.
2) Souths interest most fans (whether they want to ridicule or not).
3) Souths fans are always incredible optimistic at the start of a new year. Perhaps Naively so , however our TOTAL history supports the view of success , so requires the team to be pounded and clearly out of finals before the Souths fan admits defeat. what is wrong with not admitting defeat until there is no hope .
4)Souths performance has been poor in the view of Souths fans over the last 20 years . Just look at the number of coach changes. So anyone stating that Souths fans are happy with 9th , well they are more than stupid and i feel sorry for them , Tonearm.
5) As for "chips on shoulders" i believe most other fans who like to ridicule Souths and their fans , have the chips on their shoulders. Why would someone be bothered about stating that I do not care what other teams fans think. For NRL to succeed , Tribal passion , is the essence of NRL.Take that away and i happy to follow "soccer" , the only real international game .

Lol all too easy. You're the kind of dopey Souffs supporter who falls for historical inaccuracies each and every time and doesn't even realise it.

Galeforce

Bench
Lol all too easy. You're the kind of dopey Souffs supporter who falls for historical inaccuracies each and every time and doesn't even realise it.

what a moronic statement. who are you responding to and what was inaccurate.what dribble

Oh yes i failed to mention Souths had won most premierships however thought you were already aware of that.

DJShaksta

First Grade
God there's going to alot of people on suicide watch when souffs miss the finals this year.

Von

Juniors
You f**ken ignorant moron. Learn some history before you talk about history. We did not double-cross Balmain. Balmain were trying to double cross the entire comp. They were trying to do a super league 90 years before Rupert thought it up.

To compare it to the storm, that's what is disgusting. Especially because what we did helped Easts.

Balmain had a huge chip on their shoulder and got it in their heads that the NSWRL was biased towards Souths AND Easts. They wanted to bankrupt the NSWRL and set up their own league where they ran the show. That's why they didn't show up to the GF, which regardless of the circumstances is unaustralian.

Imagine if they got their way, and rugby league in sydney descended into infighting and civil war before it barely got off the ground. We barely survived it in the 90s, I don't think we'd have survived it in 1909. It's not too much to suggest rugby league wouldn't have made it to the modern era and it would be Soccer, Union and AFL fighting it out over Sydney instead of rugby league owning the city.

BunniesMan, you personal attack is disgusting and low. Calling other people names because they disagree. You mustn't have read my post. I said I don't have a problem with Souths but some of their fans do cause me to reconsider that.

It is a rugby league fact Balmain and Souths agreed not to play the GF as it was a curtain raiser to the Wallabies test. Given the hatred at the time between league and union, it was a good decision not to play the match.
You can call me names, but you can't rewrite history. Souths broke a hand shake deal with Balmain, broke it, and have been stained with it ever since. And will be continued to be stained with it in another 100 years.

Souths = 19 premierships.

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
The Souffs/Roosters comparison is interesting, I've commented on it before.

In the Rusty-commissioned Souffs puff-piece “The Book Of Feuds”, there’s a line in the Roosters chapter suggesting that the Roosters “had lost their soul”. Now, if Nick Politis had nothing better to do on weekends he could offer some unknown freelance (aka unemployed) writer a few coins to write his own stroke-book, and he could very easily plagiarise that same phrase in describing the Rabbitohs. They’ve lost their soul.

Where is it? When these apparently imminent premierships roll in, where will the so-(laughably)called pride of the league find their pride?

Their captain, their leader, is a johnny-come-lately Bulldog whose only decent season in 07 (leading to a rare finals appearance – the Bunnies sole September sojourn in 20 years) was enough to earn him not only the captaincy but seemingly a four year paid vacation. He’s now a has-been at 28. Surely once that mammoth contract runs out he’ll be granted the same fond farewell as his predecessors, those beloved former Souths captains Peter Cusack and Bryan Fletcher - i.e sh*t-canned and sent to England.

The coaching conveyor belt continues on unabated. John Lang, a two year veteran in the head coach hot seat of Souffs, has mercifully been advised of his termination well in advance. Jason Taylor (07-09), Shaun McRae (05-06), Arthur Kitinas (04), Paul Langmack (03-04) and Craig Coleman (02) weren’t so fortunate. If a coach typically provides direction for a club, then it’s no surprise that somewhere in that aimless maze of coaching schizophrenia, that the Souffs soul has been lost - along with countless, countless games of football.

The playing group, surely, are where the soul is at! That abundant, fertile nursery of local juniors, all of them coming up through the grades together and making the big time. Those promising youngsters who came into the NRL during the Souffs dark days (umm, I may need to be more specific here... but carry on) who are now a few years older and have still done pretty much nothing in the NRL. John Sutton, a player who has remarkably managed to tread water his entire career. He’s inconsistent, they say. No, he’s just average, we say. Then there’s the other local juniors... [scans list] oh yes – Nathan Merritt. What a good guy at scoring tries he is. Also loves to point fingers at cameras after scoring tries. Not so good at tackling or making rep teams, but loves to point fingers at racist rep selectors after missing those teams. Who else. McPherson, Falloon, Corrigan. Who? Craig Wing! No he was canned. David Fa’alogo – Mascot junior! Not Jason Taylor’s favourite player, but he was canned because they signed the butterfingered Pom. Buddy Gordon, Eddie Paea – hmm both better halfbacks than Chris Sandow but no. Beau Champion. Ahh yes, Beau Champion. Here we have the latest chapter in the tale of latter-day South Sydney soul destruction. A cocky kid from the very nucleus of Bunnies heartland – La Perouse. A raw player, patiently slow-cooked into a genuine first grade centre. Yet, here he is, being treated like nothing more than a cell on an Excel spreadsheet. Ctrl-X. The sums weren’t adding up. Ctrl-X. Rusty says he’ll never do chequebook rugby league like the Roosters, but Excel spreadsheet rugby league is worse. At least in a cheque there is an inherent promise, and the promise is kept. In the new soulless Bunnies, you’re only a Ctrl-X away from being unceremoniously dumped when something better comes along.

I think if the current group of players did some soul-searching they may all eventually follow the sage advice offered to Joe Galuvao, when Rusty wanted to Ctrl-X him with a year left on his contract – quit Souths and join a seminary.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think in a way it's fitting that Balmain doesn't exist anymore and Souths and Easts are the only foundation clubs that have managed to survive.

'Foundation clubs'?

Souths have only been in the comp since 2002. Even the St George Illawarra Dragons have been around longer than that.

And Easts haven't had a team since the the mid 90s.

gronkathon

First Grade
I saw a bumper sticker merely stating "F#$k Souths" with a picture of a homeless man giving the thumbs up. It was apt.

I don't hate the Roosters because I know that unless Uncle Nick bequeeths a fortune to them in his will they will fold quicker than a Souths supporter folds his carboard box condo to run from the Police

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
That was their public excuse but it wasn't true. As if you'd go to the extreme of a boycott over scheduling disagreements.

But under the rules back then, Balmain had to beat us twice in a row to be premiers, they knew they couldn't do it. So they tried to do a little bit of revolution. They thought the system was rigged against them and in favour of Souths and Easts which was bullsh*t.

Althought if I had my way Wests, Balmain and Norths would be back, I think in a way it's fitting that Balmain doesn't exist anymore and Souths and Easts are the only foundation clubs that have managed to survive.

Doesn't change the fact that Souths agreed not to show up and then did.

BunniesMan

Immortal
BunniesMan, you personal attack is disgusting and low.
When you blatantly lie you're going to get attacked. You know you're lying, your lying because of your anti souths agenda.

Calling other people names because they disagree. You mustn't have read my post. I said I don't have a problem with Souths but some of their fans do cause me to reconsider that.
I called you an ignorant moron. You are both ignornant and moronic, I stand by what I said.

It is a rugby league fact Balmain and Souths agreed not to play the GF
It was fact that Souths agreed not to play in the GF? Really? Fact? Your either lying or you don't know the meaning of the word "fact". A liar or borderline geniused, take your pick.

as it was a curtain raiser to the Wallabies test.
More ignorance. It wasn't a "Wallabies test". It was a kangaroos v wallabies game, we paid 14 union players to switch over and play the kangaroos.

Given the hatred at the time between league and union, it was a good decision not to play the match.
It was part of our war on union ffs. If anyone hated union, they supported that day.
You can call me names, but you can't rewrite history. Souths broke a hand shake deal with Balmain, broke it, and have been stained with it ever since. And will be continued to be stained with it in another 100 years.

Souths = 19 premierships.
Hypocrite alert. Seems to me like your the one trying to rewrite history with nothing more than lies.

Souths did not break any deal. That is a complete lie and you know it.

Balmain was trying to ruin the NSWRL because they had a chip on their shoulder along with a massive inferiority complex. As an Easts fan if you know what the f**k you were talking about you'd be on our side in that debate. They were trying to attack Souths and Easts with what they were doing. So why the f**k would Souths agree to their plan?

Supporting Balmain's conduct in 1909 is like supporting the super league traitor teams conduct in the 90s.

It had absolutely f**k all to do with Union. It was all about them trying to f**k over the NSWRL and establish their own game where they ran things.

In the immediate aftermath of 1909, Easts were thankful to Souths, we effectively chose them over Balmain. If you knew anything, you'd feel the same way.

Galeforce

Bench
'Foundation clubs'?

Souths have only been in the comp since 2002. Even the St George Illawarra Dragons have been around longer than that.

And Easts haven't had a team since the the mid 90s.

Poupou, you are incorrect .
Souths are a foundation club .
Souths were excluded from playing in the NRL for 2000/2001 .
their history remains , with blank years for 2000/2001. Souths fought their exclusion and A judge agreed with them. they were reinstated by the NRL in the 2002 season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths have turned their club around from a chuck raffle mentality to a major sports business. They are the future and I can see why some may be uncomfortable with it.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Doesn't change the fact that Souths agreed not to show up and then did.
Again, people not understanding the word "fact". It is not fact, simply Balmain's rantings immediately after the game to try and cover up their attempted traitoring work.

Tell me, why would Souths try to kill the NSWRL when apparently (according to Balmain)the NSWRL was doing the bidding of Souths and Easts. Everything was biased towards us, what motive would we have to try and change that.

Fact: Balmain had to beat us twice in a row to be premiers.

There was little chance they were capable of that. Since the comp started they felt mistreated by the people in power who supposedly favoured us and Easts. So they tried to kill the NSWRL so they could create another league where they were the power base.

They were nothing more than traitors. We chose the good of the game over Balmain's inferiority complex. We did the right thing. They tried to selfishly ruin the game. It's as simple as that.

Galeforce

Bench
as for 1909 , these are latest facts from internet search and they are in line with all stories i have heard in the past. Different times , however the scoreboard counts.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The NSWRL though was still looking to recoup money owed on the Wallabies raids, and decided to make the Final a double-header with an unscheduled 4th ‘Kangaroos v Wallabies' game. The Final was relegated to the under-card and all proceeds of the day were to go to the League. Understandably both Souths and Balmain voiced their disapproval to the downgrading of the Final. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The earlier kick-off time also meant many players would struggle to arrive on time after Saturday moring work duties. Both club's apparently agreed with each other not to play. But in a move that would ensure the two clubs were bitter rivals for the rest of the century, Souths turned up ready to play, kicked off, picked up the ball and scored a try.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The referee then awarded Souths the game and with it the title, much to Balmain's protestations in the week that followed. [/FONT]​

Hutty1986

Immortal
Life must be nice and relaxed for Souths fans, they don't even need to worry about the 2011 season because they are certainties to win the comp. What a luxury!

Von

Juniors
When you blatantly lie you're going to get attacked. You know you're lying, your lying because of your anti souths agenda. I am not lying. I have read much about 1909 over the years. Don't take as gospel everything that you read on Sean Fagan's site. I have no anti-Souths agenda. Most Easts fans don't hate Souths, like you guys hate us. Get over it.

I called you an ignorant moron. You are both ignornant and moronic, I stand by what I said. You don't know me. You can't pass comment. BTW, learn to to spell. Looks really bad when you call someone ignorant but can't spell the word.

It was fact that Souths agreed not to play in the GF? Really? Fact? Your either lying or you don't know the meaning of the word "fact". A liar or borderline geniused, take your pick. Again a childish adhominem attack.

More ignorance. It wasn't a "Wallabies test". It was a kangaroos v wallabies game, we paid 14 union players to switch over and play the kangaroos. I stand corrected. Semantics. Like it matters!

It was part of our war on union ffs. If anyone hated union, they supported that day. 99% of league people are good people. League people don't like people breaking hand shake deals. It is unAustralian.
Hypocrite alert. Seems to me like your the one trying to rewrite history with nothing more than lies. What lies???

Souths did not break any deal. That is a complete lie and you know it.

Balmain was trying to ruin the NSWRL because they had a chip on their shoulder along with a massive inferiority complex. As an Easts fan if you know what the f**k you were talking about you'd be on our side in that debate. They were trying to attack Souths and Easts with what they were doing. So why the f**k would Souths agree to their plan? What side! I'm not taking sides! I'm no expert on the saga. Fact is Souths dogged Balmain.

Supporting Balmain's conduct in 1909 is like supporting the super league traitor teams conduct in the 90s. Supporting what Souths did on that day, breaking handshake deals, is like supporting SL liars.

It had absolutely f**k all to do with Union. It was all about them trying to f**k over the NSWRL and establish their own game where they ran things.

In the immediate aftermath of 1909, Easts were thankful to Souths, we effectively chose them over Balmain. If you knew anything, you'd feel the same way.

I call things as I see them BunniesMan. If Easts did the same thing to Souths I would say it was poor form. If Wests did the same thing to Norths, I would say it was poor form. Australia dogged NZ with underarm. I call it as I see it.

Take the lousy 1909 premiership if you must. Your lousy attitude permeates this website. No wonder the above poll results are as they are.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Poupou, you are incorrect .
Souths are a foundation club .

I agree they were. It was sad to see them go but impressive that they lasted nearly 100 years.

Anyway it's nice that Russell Crowe created his own tribute club so the old Souths fans who lost their team would have someone to follow.

Here's hoping the new Souths club can win as many premierships as the old one. How many was it? 19?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I call things as I see them BunniesMan. If Easts did the same thing to Souths I would say it was poor form. If Wests did the same thing to Norths, I would say it was poor form. Australia dogged NZ with underarm. I call it as I see it.

Take the lousy 1909 premiership if you must. Your lousy attitude permeates this website. No wonder the above poll results are as they are.
You say you call things as you see them? You show your bias by calling what we did unaustralian and accusing us of dogging them without any proof. There has never been any proof ever that Souths agreed to anything. Again, why would we, the comp was supposedly biased towards us and Easts, why would we agree with Balmain.

Also, we dogged them? So it's ok to dog the entire league like they did, but it's criminal if we dogged them (if that's even true, which it isn't)? It's unaustralian to break a handshake deal? Well the deal itself was unaustralian on a much bigger scale.

Last edited:

Matt23

Staff member
Neither at the moment, but the bandwagon Souths fan will begin to irritate me if/when they become successful.