What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Raiderdave

First Grade
It will be Souths home game. The cricket ground precinct has been booked out for World Cup matches and the A -League jumped in to grab the free slots whilst the NRL dithered about.

the A league draw came out in June last year :sarcasm:
but yeah
the NRL should have got theirs out earlier then this:lol::lol:

seriously
some of the posters on this site

innsaneink

Referee
its been confirmed this morning
both games at ANZ.....although it looks like rnd 3 is a tigers home game
It depends if the journo is using the home team first as is usual...ie Souths v Wests Tigers....in which case its a Souths home game and going by the other two examples for rd 1 & 2....that seems to be the case, but uncertain 100% until tomorrow

Karl15

Juniors
If you put 2015 NRL draw into the Bing search engine, this comes up

13/12/2014 · A massive opening three rounds, a 10-hour Anzac Day extravaganza and live Sunday broadcasts are the key talking points of the 2015 NRL draw.

You try and open the page and it doesn't open but the description gives away a bit. Anzac Day will be interesting. I'm assuming this will mean the Warriors will be at home at 2.00 Sydney time (ending the Storm Warriors Anzac Day tradition) Roosters v Dragons will be at 4.00, 2 games at 6.00 and 8.00 and a Perth game at 10.00 (8.00 WA time - NIB Stadium is free on Anzac Day)

BuffaloRules

Coach
According to Slothfield's column today, he is saying that Politis has used his clout to get the Roosters Round 1 game switched to Sat 9pm and Tigers v Titans to 7pm..

BuffaloRules

Coach

13/12/2014 · A massive opening three rounds, a 10-hour Anzac Day extravaganza and live Sunday broadcasts are the key talking points of the 2015 NRL draw.

You try and open the page and it doesn't open but the description gives away a bit. Anzac Day will be interesting. I'm assuming this will mean the Warriors will be at home at 2.00 Sydney time (ending the Storm Warriors Anzac Day tradition) Roosters v Dragons will be at 4.00, 2 games at 6.00 and 8.00 and a Perth game at 10.00 (8.00 WA time - NIB Stadium is free on Anzac Day)

Interesting.

But I would be surprised if they move the ANZAC day Storm v Warriors game away from Melbourne.

It's proven to be a success and must be their biggest game of the year by the length of the straight.

They could play the 2pm game in Newcastle maybe?

RWB

Bench

That's absolute crap, ANZAC day deserves more respect than that. I have no issue with some games being played on the day, it serves as a great source of entertainment on a day of remembrance and celebration but trying to make the day a Rugby League extravaganza is just flat out disrespectful and classless.

God I hope that's not true.

BuffaloRules

Coach
That's absolute crap, ANZAC day deserves more respect than that. I have no issue with some games being played on the day, it serves as a great source of entertainment on a day of remembrance and celebration but trying to make the day a Rugby League extravaganza is just flat out disrespectful and classless.

5 games would be overkill.

Just thinking further about it though, perhaps they could play a game in Canberra at 2pm as a one off for the 100th anniversary.

It's going to be a special day in Canberra.

I think as a one off they could play games at 2,4,6 and 8pm.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Freo are hosting Swans on Anzac Day in Perth, so I doubt the NRL will try matching it. Not a smart decision if they do IMO

BuffaloRules

Coach

I could actually click on the article...

Can't post it as on my phone.

Games start on Anzac Day in NZ v Titans at 12pm Aust time.

Newcastle v Cowboys 2pm

Roosters v Dragons 4pm

Storm play Manly 6pm.

Brisbane v Parra 8pm

Maybe someone can post the article?

Last edited:

Raiderdave

First Grade

The AFL are playing 5 games on ANZAC day next year
no one is accusing them of hijacking the day ?

Id doubt we'd play 5 /8 on one day anyway

More like
1 on Friday
4 on Sat ( ANZAC day) at 2pm..4pm..6pm & 8pm
2 on Sun
1 on Mon

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ANZAC Day:
12pm Warriors/Titans
2pm Knights/Cowboys
4pm Dragons/Roosters
6pm Storm/Sea Eagles
8pm Broncos/Eels

Also, Easter Monday:
3pm Eels/Tigers
5pm Storm/Warriors
7pm Panthers/Cowboys

innsaneink

Referee
ANZAC Day:
12pm Warriors/Titans
2pm Knights/Cowboys
4pm Dragons/Roosters
6pm Storm/Sea Eagles
8pm Broncos/Eels

Also, Easter Monday:
3pm Eels/Tigers
5pm Storm/Warriors
7pm Panthers/Cowboys
Marathon...too much imo...10 hours straight of NRL

Diesel

Referee
Warriors and Storm finally start up an annual event and it's gets taken away, absolute bullshit

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Why take away a great event from the storm that game had some serious momentum as a crowd puller and was becoming its own tradition. Othereise very pleased we play the bunnies on a sunday arvo and it should by righta be our home game.

Panthers v cowboys 7pm easter monday! Will they ever learn, sorry to whinge at this stage but that is stupid scheduling

Latest posts