What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I am starting to think we might not see the draw this side of christmas. Cannot believe the BS we have to put up with from broadcasters involved with our code. Yes they pay for the privilege but they carry on like children and treat the code and fans with contempt. It should not take this long to formulate a draw in this day and age, plus why are they waiting until after the GF, its bloody obvious they have their favourites anyway for certain slots especially nein

maple_69

Bench
Swings and roundabouts. They get a bigger home advantage but they get screwed on having to travel so much.

Unless you want to plant our como in England where it just rains all day everywhere and everything is within 100km there will always be inequalities.

mxlegend99

Referee
Is it just me or does Gus Gould's panthers get more sunday games then any other Sydney club?
Its just you, we hosted more Monday night games then any other team in 2014, with most of our games being either Monday nights or Saturdsy afternoons. The two worst time slots.

Canard

Immortal
Its just you, we hosted more Monday night games then any other team in 2014, with most of our games being either Monday nights or Saturdsy afternoons. The two worst time slots.

I think it was a media perception that last year or so the Panthers got a lot more FTA then there results deserved.

Of course they turned out to be a good side in 2014, but not many predicted that in Dec 2013.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
This is a very good 1st round,Sharks and Raiders would have got around 8k during the middle of the season,having a shit match up like that in the 1st round should be able to sucker in a few more thousand to go than would normally,same with Tigers and Titans.

1st round intrigue will sucker in a few more people to these shit games than would normally go.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

What is wrong with saturday 3pm? Its perfect time to attend matches imo. This slot had pretty good crowds since it was brough back and i hope it stays

Lambretta

First Grade
It's just hopeless.

Why are all 3 Queensland teams at home? It's still blazing hot in Queensland at the start of March,

Last I heard the sun doesn't shine at night

I'd rather play a night game in Brisbane than a f**king Sunday arvo game at Penrith

TBH - I'd rather work out the draw so that ALL early season games were played at night and far more games were day games in the middle of the year when it's cold and damp at night.

You'd get better attendances and a better brand of football would be played as more games would be under dry conditions.

That way the elements would have far less impact. Some of the teams that get day games early on, have to play in 30+ temps and can end up being fatigued for weeks because of it.

If you play Sunday arvo in 35+ temps and then have to back up the next Friday against a team that Saturday night in 25 degree temps, you're massively disadvantaged.

Lambretta

First Grade
What is wrong with saturday 3pm? Its perfect time to attend matches imo. This slot had pretty good crowds since it was brough back and i hope it stays

I actually like the Saturday 5.30pm slot

You can have a beer afterwards and still get home at a reasonable hour
Or you can take the kids along as they can have beer and .... oh hold on, because they don't miss their bed time

Saturday 3pm is great in the middle of winter. That draws the fans out.
TV hates it because apparently a lot of people go shopping or visiting friends rather than watching TV, eating KFC and drinking VB

What's wrong with these people?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Cute, but untrue.

Titans and Storm both had 6, Sharks and Cowboys both had 5.

Panthers had 4, along with Dragons and eventual premiers, South Sydney. Hardly dealt a harsh hand compared to some other clubs...

Oh yeah? I don't think so. Back when Saturday used to be the main day for league in NSW, retail trading ceased at 12 pm on Saturdays. AS such more people were able to go to the games, and junior league football was played on Sundays.

Since NSW moved to full day weekend trading in the 1980s, there was a drastic fall off in crowds at Saturday games played at 2pm or 3 pm. In fact it was so bad, clubs who got the time slot used to demand compensation from the NSWRL and then the ARL due to the effect it had on their gate takings.

Now days, Saturdays see more people at work, and also Saturday is when most kids sport is played. As such there are a lot of people who would like to go, but can't get to a game at 3pm on a Saturday for those reasons.

Additionally, it also depends on the foibles of the supporters at certain clubs. For example, Saturday night games have traditionally been good for the Sharks attendance wise whereas Saturday nights are usually disasterous for the Roosters attendance wise. (FYI - The Roosters staff know that their fans prefer Sunday afternoons or Friday nights as their most preferred game time, that is what their feedback since 2000 has repeatedly shown them).

Yosemite Sam

Juniors
Cute, but untrue.

Titans and Storm both had 6, Sharks and Cowboys both had 5.

Panthers had 4, along with Dragons and eventual premiers, South Sydney. Hardly dealt a harsh hand compared to some other clubs...

Pretty sure he was referring to home games. One third of Penrith's home matches were on a Monday night. No other club can claim that.

Mig2006

Juniors
The Cowboys players live and train all year in those conditions. Only an idiot could call it a level playing field.

So based on your reasoning, all Cowboys games that are played in Sydney in Winter should not be played based on the fact that the Cowboys do not train all year in those conditions...?

Only an idiot would suggest that....

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Realistically if the draw is not out by next friday we won't see it until 2015. Beyond depressing, i am not getting a membership until i know my clubs timeslots and i think many others are in the same boat so hopefully people don't give up and not bother for the year

Just what have nein and fox been doing for the past 10 weeks. They say they did not start formulating their selections from the NRL proposal until after GF day, but that still gives nearly 50 working days and you would think a billion dollar sporting league that drives their ratings would have a dedicated working group meeting daily to thrash this out!

innsaneink

Referee
Realistically if the draw is not out by next friday we won't see it until 2015. Beyond depressing, i am not getting a membership until i know my clubs timeslots and i think many others are in the same boat so hopefully people don't give up and not bother for the year

Just what have nein and fox been doing for the past 10 weeks. They say they did not start formulating their selections from the NRL proposal until after GF day, but that still gives nearly 50 working days and you would think a billion dollar sporting league that drives their ratings would have a dedicated working group meeting daily to thrash this out!

Yep, Im the same this year after about 5 years of renewing immediately, Im sitting tight....I can get something ridiculous again like 8 games at ANZ for $65 but Im waiting to see just WHEN we play there...Im surprised I havent heard from WTs seeing as we are almost 1000 ahead of the same stage last year...Id have thought theyd be on to non renewing members quick smart