What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

ek999

First Grade
Lol Walker only played 4N because of injuries to the 100 players who were in front of him for a position.

Souths will lose Inglis and possibly McQueen for Origin - that's it

lol at roosters fans complaining about sunday day games.

take your kids to the footy ffs.

More Roosters fans prefer Sunday afternoon games than not. A number of staff at the club told me year after year that their feedback from season ticketholders was a preference for Friday nights and Sunday afternoon games over anything else.

Kiwi

First Grade
You would still think Souths should get 1 bye in this period.

No the Bye's should always go to the teams most effected during this time, having 3 players there is nothing. Broncos will supply Hodges, Boyd ( if fit ), Parker, Thaiday, Gillett and could also have McGuire and Hunt or Milford playing as well. Cowboys will supply more than their fair share, as will the Dogs. These are the teams that should be having both their bye's during origin.

franklin2323

Immortal
No the Bye's should always go to the teams most effected during this time, having 3 players there is nothing. Broncos will supply Hodges, Boyd ( if fit ), Parker, Thaiday, Gillett and could also have McGuire and Hunt or Milford playing as well. Cowboys will supply more than their fair share, as will the Dogs. These are the teams that should be having both their bye's during origin.

The club should always get the option. Byes before SOO does nothing for the workload of the elite players

Valheru

Coach
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Dragons have scheduled their home game against us at Allianz? As far as I know they have no contract to play home games there anymore apart from even numbered years for the ANZAC game.

Seems like an odd decision to me.

Deacon

First Grade
Can anyone enlighten me as to why the Dragons have scheduled their home game against us at Allianz? As far as I know they have no contract to play home games there anymore apart from even numbered years for the ANZAC game.

Seems like an odd decision to me.

My theory is we want to keep a level amount of home games at kogarah and Wollongong which is 4 each, leaving 4 remaining (2 at ANZ and one SCG) personally they should just have it at one of the local home grounds, f**k the balance and the Doust spin

rabbitohs95

Bench
The Roosters home game is bloody awful as far as I'm concerned

I like night games as I have a family and spend the day with them
Friday and Saturday nights are nights out with the lads.

Catch up for beers, go to the game, have a drink after the game and then head home

We have one Friday night home game and not a single Saturday night home game all season

We have four Sunday afternoon games and two Monday night games.

I hate Monday night games and refuse to go, so those are out. Sunday afternoons and there will be pressure from the family not to go early and to come home straight after and I wont have a beers with the lads as I will have work the next day.

Had I not auto renewed, chances are I wouldn't have bought a membership
As it is, I've already got my membership - but the draw has put a real dampener on the upcoming season.

Very disappointed

On the plus side, we have away games on Friday and Saturday nights, so I can catch up with the lads in the pub, watch those games on the piss and stay sober for Roosters home games.

Suddenly things are looking up

All i read is whinge whinge whinge. :lol: typical roosters supporter :roll:

Kiwi

First Grade
The club should always get the option. Byes before SOO does nothing for the workload of the elite players
Yeah but not every club can get it and you have to hand it to the clubs with the heaviest rep loads and Souths ain't one of those teams.

franklin2323

Immortal
But that is buy request, rather than contractual obligation (in the case of the QLD sides).

ANZ contracts my specify they need to play there twice a season and trade off is members rights. We don't play the Tigers at home again just as stupid. All the QLD teams should play twice a season no matter where they finish.

ANZ contracts my specify they need to play there twice a season and trade off is members rights. We don't play the Tigers at home again just as stupid. All the QLD teams should play twice a season no matter where they finish.

I agree, but I've lost track of the number of times "divisional" draws have been howled down on here. Apparently its American bullshit.

Juju

Juniors
Warriors taking the Rd22 game vs the Dragons to Wellington. 8/8/15.

CEO of the stadium just tweeted this.

RWB

Bench
Lol Walker only played 4N because of injuries to the 100 players who were in front of him for a position.

Souths will lose Inglis and possibly McQueen for Origin - that's it

And Walker did himself no favours in his games, he's a long way off rep footy.

Surely Mcqueen wont get picked again either, not that it'd matter much if he did though, he's only a bit part bench player at Souths these days anyway.

Souths are laughing, in the Origin period they get Parra without Watmough, a Titans side with Bird, Myles & possibly Taylor backing up & a Tigers side without Woods & Farah.

As far as Origin periods go they've got it pretty good. I can't imagine there's too many better.

Jamberoo

Juniors
The more you look at this draw the worse it gets.

The Storm are scheduled to play the Warriors (there biggest game of the year) on Easter Monday in direct competition to an AFL game at the MCG.

Yet there is no AFL at all on Good Friday??

How f**king stupid is that?? Someone should be sacked over this.
Second biggest AFL match of the year too - Hawks v Cats draws 80K so you won't be able to park within 5kms of AAMI. Stupid.
I will be in Sydney for Easter anyway and Dogs v Bunnies on Good Friday should be huge. Why is Manly v Raiders venue TBC over Easter? Where else would they play?
I also love the sound of Dragons V Souths @ SCG. Season highlight I reckon.

Dutchy

Immortal
Second biggest AFL match of the year too - Hawks v Cats draws 80K so you won't be able to park within 5kms of AAMI. Stupid.
I will be in Sydney for Easter anyway and Dogs v Bunnies on Good Friday should be huge. Why is Manly v Raiders venue TBC over Easter? Where else would they play?
I also love the sound of Dragons V Souths @ SCG. Season highlight I reckon.

Hopefully China.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Hopefully China.

Word is that it's being played in Gosford.

Apparently the NRL just isn't interested in the Shenzhen game, which is a shame because both Huawei and Kaspersky were really behind the idea and really wanted to make a proper go of the game in Shenzhen and hoped that it might be feasible to take it down the road to Hong Kong in the future.

There was even talk of trying to get Jackie Chan involved at one point and setting up meetings between the NRL and some businesses in Hong Kong.

I can't help but think that if the NRL don't give the Shenzhen game the go ahead for 2016 (which will likely be their last chance to give the game the nod) that not only the NRL but the game as a whole might have missed out on a very rare opportunity.

And Walker did himself no favours in his games, he's a long way off rep footy.

Surely Mcqueen wont get picked again either, not that it'd matter much if he did though, he's only a bit part bench player at Souths these days anyway.

Souths are laughing, in the Origin period they get Parra without Watmough, a Titans side with Bird, Myles & possibly Taylor backing up & a Tigers side without Woods & Farah.

As far as Origin periods go they've got it pretty good. I can't imagine there's too many better.

The thing that those complaining about Souths "not getting any byes during the Origin period" have neglected is that they get their byes in Rounds 15 and 18, which is the weekend straight after Origins 2 and 3. Yeah, no byes in the Origin period my arse :crazy:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Word is that it's being played in Gosford.

Apparently the NRL just isn't interested in the Shenzhen game, which is a shame because both Huawei and Kaspersky were really behind the idea and really wanted to make a proper go of the game in Shenzhen and hoped that it might be feasible to take it down the road to Hong Kong in the future.

There was even talk of trying to get Jackie Chan involved at one point and setting up meetings between the NRL and some businesses in Hong Kong.

I can't help but think that if the NRL don't give the Shenzhen game the go ahead for 2016 (which will likely be their last chance to give the game the nod) that not only the NRL but the game as a whole might have missed out on a very rare opportunity.

Maybe I'm naive but I don't think there's a market for it aside from freebies for employees of the respective sponsors.

Dutchy

Immortal
There's enough willing expats in my smaller city to draw a few thousand + friends. Add in Ghwangzhou, Shenzen, HK and Shanghai and you would draw a decent crowd, just from non Chinese alone. The cheap, high speed rail really is a thing of beauty.

Latest posts