What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Draw 2015

Canard

Immortal
I'm happy to not see the Cows play on FTA - means I get to watch them in HD every week on FOX! I happily pay for the superior service that FOX provides!

Agreed.

Scotty Prince, Tallis and Ikin really offer a better product.

No seriously I agree, but I reckon sponsors wouldn't be so keen.

And I only pay $90 annually to watch it on my tablet. So its a bargain for myself.

Mig2006

Juniors
I think the sponsorship angle is an interesting one for the Cows. Sure they'd love the exposure on FTA but being a one team region, it's really not as big a issue as it is for the Sydney teams who are all fighting for every dollar of support. The Cows are never going to struggle for major sponsors, plus Toyota have their extra bloody huge logo on the jerseys - that's exposure enough in my eyes!!

insert.pause

First Grade
The Cowboys don't want Friday night games because a lot of their fans that have to travel a long way can't get there in time. It's an argument for Saturday FTA games.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Souths are hosting Warriors in Perth. I think Round 13.

Obviously the hardest trek for Warriors with the time difference.

At least Warriors get 2 byes in pre origin week.

Souths get no byes for the 3 pre origin weeks.

Don't understand Warriors don't have origin players but Souths do and don't even get 1 bye.

2 years in a row Souths have got no bye in origin period.

Oh well that's how it is!

Vic Mackey

Referee
Teams request when they get their byes. The storm request no byes before origin so the big 3 get the rest the week after.

Souths only had 3 players in origin this year and 1 was a bench player. Other teams are a lot more effected then them.

insert.pause

First Grade

Don't understand Warriors don't have origin players but Souths do and don't even get 1 bye.

The reason the Warriors get byes during origin is so they aren't collecting easy points beating up depleted sides.

Perth Red

Post Whore

I'll be abit easier for them this year as it is a 3:30 ko not the usual 7:30pm

pHyR3

Juniors
I'll be abit easier for them this year as it is a 3:30 ko not the usual 7:30pm

thats good, last year it was so obvious after half time the warriors were depleted. it was something like 1am NZ time at HT and they usually only arrive in the city on thursday for a saturday game IIRC.

Additionally, how many Souths players will more than likely be in either Origin team? 1 or 2 one would think and those are likely to be three quarters.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Warriors have 2014 Origin players Ryan Hoffman & Jacob Lillyman in the ranks next season.

Not guaranteed to play but they're fairly important players for us so if they are selected then we are legitimately 'affected by Origin' for once.

Rhyno

First Grade
eels play all the bottom teams once
Broncos
Knights
Raiders
Sharks
Dragons
Titans
And have to play all the top teams twice. We got the worst draw this year

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Paul Kent wrote a (can you believe it) pretty level-headed article about the draw.

The draw will be unfair every year to one team or another - and the best team will still always win. The only way to avoid it is to have everyone play twice and Origin standalone - and given the reticence of the players, coaches and even authorities to extend the season to 37 weeks (30 rounds, 3 origin weekends, 4 weeks of finals... potentially more weeks if we get to 18 teams), it won't happen.

Your team will either be good enough or it won't, and the draw won't be the maker or breaker of that.

bottle

Coach
In a 16 team comp there is a top 8 that makes the finals. If that isn't compensation enough for the draw I don't what will ever suffice.
All you have to do is make the 8 to enter the next phase, virtually a new comp.
Usually the bottom placed sides in the 8 are only there to make up the numbers anyway. Yes, yes I know there have been exceptions but the rule still applies enough to be valid.
If you miss out on the eight and end up on the cusp you have bigger issues than the draw,

oldmancraigy

Coach
Paul Kent wrote a (can you believe it) pretty level-headed article about the draw.

The draw will be unfair every year to one team or another - and the best team will still always win. The only way to avoid it is to have everyone play twice and Origin standalone - and given the reticence of the players, coaches and even authorities to extend the season to 37 weeks (30 rounds, 3 origin weekends, 4 weeks of finals... potentially more weeks if we get to 18 teams), it won't happen.

Your team will either be good enough or it won't, and the draw won't be the maker or breaker of that.

It might mean the difference between making the top 8, and missing the top 8, but he's right, it won't be the difference between winning the comp or not.

Latest posts