What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drugs use and criminal influence in Australian sport

newman

First Grade
Well we can rule out match fixing so that's a relief. We can rule out systematic club doping which is a bigger relief.

So from those players listed above who are effected by this we can categorically and objectively say that none of them failed a drug test at the time. Who really cares about those who have moved on.

If the records find that Dank supplied the players, through the club, some banned substance, surely they just say "dank was our consultant, he told it was legal and tested for human use, and we trusted him. Further from that when information came to light he was involved in shady practices, we moved him on"

The only potential problem I can see is that certain individuals maintained contact with him and took banned items on the side. Worst case scenario is that a high profile player with influence did this and encouraged others to do the same. Bad news for that player or players(and us as supporters if it's a big name) but The club takes no responsibility and would wear no penalty. Again though, if they failed no ASADA drug test what can they honestly be charged with?

I can't really see a name player being implicated in this doping. A fringe first grader, or a kid who needs to bulk up in a short period of time, yes. But when you are in the big time so to speak and they start testing you, why, the risk surely outweighs the reward.

Last edited:

Surely

Post Whore
Be careful with your alludings please

You are basically accusing someone on that list so I'm going to delete the posts

Frenzy.

Post Whore
What was illegal about danks stuff ?

Maybe nothing on the surface but he's not a doctor so he can't prescribe warfarin. We'll assume he didn't but I have to wonder how he was able to give it to the players. Although it is not a banned substance it is a prescription only drug. How did he get it I wonder?

Might not be illegal but there is some fair "naivety" about that part of the saga.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I'm calling it here right now. Lundy will lose her job over the mishandling of all of this & that imposter posing as a justice minister wont hold his safe seat due to "widespread, disgusted" voters blackening his days.

coolumsharkie

Referee
I think heads should definitely roll, unfortunately when the dust settles and the pressure is given back. She/They will already be moved on.

SadShark

Bench
Yeah.That no good, dealin' tea lady bitch better have moved on. They should have stayed with the goodies on the top trolley shelf.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well we can rule out match fixing so that's a relief.
No, thats a huge relief. But in a way, it isn't. I have been thinking about that game against Canberra lst year when were were up by 6 million points, then somehow we lost it. Now i have to try & find an answer again.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Still not convinced the fat lady has sung despite the uncanny timing and method of the announcement the other day. Been thinking through players that were injured throughout 2011 and possibly looking for a speedy recovery. Have narrowed it down to three possibles....one who has moved onto another club that has been mentioned. Don't think the extra awareness on the issue will do any harm in the long term but think the way it has tarnished the innocent majority is ordinary. Will be interesting to see what eventually pans out.

No, thats a huge relief. But in a way, it isn't. I have been thinking about that game against Canberra lst year when were were up by 6 million points, then somehow we lost it. Now i have to try & find an answer again.

2012?

we thrashed em, they thrashed us and we lost in the semi

2011 i dont remember but i dont recall a collapse agains the raiders.

we certainly collapsed against Parramatta last season

Latest posts