What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drugs use and criminal influence in Australian sport

AB129*

Juniors
What was illegal about danks stuff ?

My impression is that its not the stuff itself that's illegal, but that its being imported illegally and the proceeds are going to crooks here and overseas. Also that when said crooks sell it to pro sportsmen, they have them over a barrel- give away a penalty in front of the sticks between the 5th and 10th minute or your drug taking antics may 'accidentally' become public and your career is over.

Which would fit with the focus of the ACC- organized crime.

Quigs

Immortal
Has any club supporter base been implicated within this sorry mess yet.

There's a bloke I know that used to come in here all the time bragging about how his arms are bigger than Arnies and he is only 5ft 4ins tall.

He was right into body sculpturing.

I know some have already questioned the use of supplements in his particular case. Just wondering if anyone has actually heard from the body builder since this matter was exposed on the broader public.

Quigs

Immortal
I hear its wide spread in politics and open to criminal activity and branch ballot rigging.

Some people even get $5 farms turned into multi million dollar ones :)

So Surely as a Mod I take it that it is now okay for us to turn every thread into a rampant political opinion thread.

I try to keep it to the Qantas thread but I take it now its open slather and approved....... hmmmmm good.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Has any club supporter base been implicated within this sorry mess yet.

There's a bloke I know that used to come in here all the time bragging about how his arms are bigger than Arnies and he is only 5ft 4ins tall.

He was right into body sculpturing.

I know some have already questioned the use of supplements in his particular case. Just wondering if anyone has actually heard from the body builder since this matter was exposed on the broader public.

Did he say something like this

i always said i knew of a certain player , on certain things from a certain shit team

Sharkman

Juniors
What frustrates me is the impact to the club financially. Just to have the shadow over our operations is enough to make people run far away.

The club this week will likely lose (lost Im not sure when it was) a fantastic opportunity to get in front of someone pretty senior and it's the fact we were named that has lead to it falling over.

I realise nothing may have happened in terms of sponsorship, but the opportunity to connect with someone like this and to have them part of the clubs network alone would have been great.

It's all fgd

Frenzy.

Post Whore
My girlfriend who has zero interest in Footy said "surely no is accusing Cronulla of using performance INHANCING drugs".
That's our ace in the hole.

Good one. Hasn't been done a thousand times before either :roll:

Perhaps you could ENHANCE the joke by spelling properly.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Part of my online spelling bee Quigs.

Help weed out the chaff.

Now. You have homework Quigs

Before tomorrow you have to be able to spell this

[youtube]NFR-ADakI-c[/youtube]

Latest posts