What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drunk Eels have too much, Smith has enough

parralight

Juniors
Tim Smith is a 21 year old player who is living in a fishbowl with everyone telling him last year that he was the greatest player since Sterlo and this year its all fallen apart. He no doubt listened to all the hype even expecting to play state of origin this year.

His behaviour is directly attributed to the lack of leadership. He needs a good role model and unfortunately has chosen Riddell.

Stick with Timmy. He has talent - he needs a strong hand.

PB

Bench
parralight said:
A few things -
Tim is 21 years of age - He is under enormous pressure at the moment considering footy is his life and he is playing like crap so therefore his life is crap - how would most people react ?

Well there are two ways to react, fix it, or ignore it & hope it goes away.

The people who get ahead in this world, work harder when things aren't going well. They seek advice and look to improve themselves. Others give up, or resort to weaknesses such as drink to make them feel better about themselves. I thought Tim was made of better stuff than this.

I wish people would stop using age as an excuse (like some do with Lyon), At 21 you are accountable for your actions, treat him like a child and say he is only a youngster, that isn't going to make him a stronger person.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
parralight said:
Tim Smith is a 21 year old player who is living in a fishbowl with everyone telling him last year that he was the greatest player since Sterlo and this year its all fallen apart. He no doubt listened to all the hype even expecting to play state of origin this year.

His behaviour is directly attributed to the lack of leadership. He needs a good role model and unfortunately has chosen Riddell.

Stick with Timmy. He has talent - he needs a strong hand.
and hagan has worked with the best halfback in rugby league, he will be a positive influence on tim next year

When Johns gives it away it would be good if he contracted to clubs to help out halfbacks similar to what Daryl Halligan does with goalkicking.

strider

Post Whore
Belly in Brisvegas said:
When Johns gives it away it would be good if he contracted to clubs to help out halfbacks similar to what Daryl Halligan does with goalkicking.

just quietly - i don't know how daryl managed to teach anyone - ever heard him on foxtel doing hte NZ games - say it, don't spray it daryl

PB

Bench
JessEel said:
and hagan has worked with the best halfback in rugby league, he will be a positive influence on tim next year

Do you think so Jess? I hope your right, but has Hagan had influence over Joey (particularly his off field behaviour)?

Tim has the highest point scorer of all time at the club right now, and a guy who he could learn a sh!t load from, especially when it comes to making mistakes on the turps and how it affects your career. JT may not be as cool with the ladies in the night clubs and bars as Piggy is, but he would be a better role model for you Timmy.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i just meant (hoped) that tim may sit down and listen to Hagan, because he is the coach of his childhood mentor

mickdo

Coach
The Sharks trophy cabinet...

HER48PBAO.jpg

strider said:
just quietly - i don't know how daryl managed to teach anyone - ever heard him on foxtel doing hte NZ games - say it, don't spray it daryl

Dasher should try talking with his feet...he might be more legible!!

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
lol...omg some of you here a seriously funny ppl....it makes me sick...i dont post often but i had too when reading ur comments.

You are all high and mighty saying that this shouldnt be tolarated as u would get fired at ur workplace.....pfft if you had people critisising you as much as parra fans do especially on these forums everyday...i would like to see you handle it.

Smith is only young....as he gets older he will get wiser! give the kid a break!

And on brian smith....well he was a great coach...thanks for all the premership success and that great final win in 2001......NOT!
He should of got fired in 2002....this is about 4 years too late!
Better times ahead! thats for sure!

Morenito

Juniors
Anyone know our odds for the premiership this week?

Would be getting into the $30 mark by now wouldnt it

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
lol...omg some of you here a seriously funny ppl....it makes me sick...i dont post often but i had too when reading ur comments.

You are all high and mighty saying that this shouldnt be tolarated as u would get fired at ur workplace.....pfft if you had people critisising you as much as parra fans do especially on these forums everyday...i would like to see you handle it.

Smith is only young....as he gets older he will get wiser! give the kid a break!

And on brian smith....well he was a great coach...thanks for all the premership success and that great final win in 2001......NOT!
He should of got fired in 2002....this is about 4 years too late!
Better times ahead! thats for sure!

He gets paid a sh*tload of money to do a job. It is not acceptable to turn up to work drunk, no matter what your age.Especiaaly when he needs to lift his game.

Tim Smith should be doing everything in his power to improve himself.

Turning up drunk is totally unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure that people criticising him on this forum didn't influence his decision to drink before training.

This excuse of him only being young doesn't wash with me either. He is paid to play football at the highest level.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Morenito said:
Anyone know our odds for the premiership this week?

Would be getting into the $30 mark by now wouldnt it

Centrebet has gone from $31 to $23.

Sportstab has gone from $23 to $26.

Hurriflatch

Referee
No excuses for Tim Smith or Riddell

both players should spend at least 3 weeks running the water for the reggies team

V1er

Juniors
from parraeels.com.au

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that players Mark Riddell and Tim Smith have today been fined $5000 each for unacceptable off field behaviour.

"They have let a number of people down with their behaviour, and the Club will not tolerate it," Parramatta Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald said.
Both players have apologized to their team mates, staff and supporters for their behaviour.

Coach Jason Taylor has announced both players have been relegated to Premier League this week.

"Selecting them in the team to play Penrith would send the wrong message to the rest of the players that their actions were acceptable, which clearly they were not," Taylor said

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
No excuses for Tim Smith or Riddell

both players should spend at least 3 weeks running the water for the reggies team

actually they'll be playing for our pl side this friday night and have been fined 5k each according to 2UE.

Latest posts