What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drunk Eels have too much, Smith has enough

Hellsy

Immortal
Nickeel said:
Hells,

I think by "sacked" people mean dropped to Prems - at least that was my take on the issue.

Nick

Oh OK, fair enough.
Sacked and dropped are 2 completely different things to me thats all

strider

Post Whore
eelavation said:
actually, there are conflicting reports that suggest that Pig actually turned up, not that it really matters..
oh well - whoever turned up should get some credit for not entirely putting themselves before everything else

The Colonel

Immortal
At this stage the reports are basically allegations that the two turned up intoxicated and it is being investigated by the club. Can we not speculate on what did, didn't or may have happened until such time as we know the full circumstances behind the allegations.

Remember that the Eels have a policy in place whereby players are breath tested on recovery days and they must maintain an acceptable level. At this stage the only report we have is that of one Dean Ritchie who most here take to task on the grounds he is generally a sensationalist and works for the Telecrap.

If Riddell didn't turn up has no excuse than he should be fined and dropped.
If Tim did turn up but was drunk than dropped no fine unless it happens again.
Riddell should be on his 1st and final warning.

Glenn

First Grade
What has Dennis got to do with the actions of the players??

As for the players if this is true, then they need the riot act read to them and prehaps a spell in PL till they pull their heads in.
A case of too much money, and too much time on their hands.

Im one of Tims biggest supporters but if he did get pissed he should be dropped and get a kick up the arse!!! Attitude is everything.

V1er

Juniors
Both need to be dropped if true. We rarely make the papers for off field behaviour, but it looks like riddell and timmy has just done that.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I'm not going to defend Tim Smith any longer.

Somethings gotta change, on and off the field.

Parra Pete was right all along about Tim.

This latest episode is the proof.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Glenn said:
What has Dennis got to do with the actions of the players??

As for the players if this is true, then they need the riot act read to them and prehaps a spell in PL till they pull their heads in.
A case of too much money, and too much time on their hands.

YES!!! Finally someone said it, Too much time on there hands and Too Much money, Tim Smith and Mark Riddell have been very average this year and in the case of Tim Smith, this is what happens when you give these young stars alot of money, From what i heard it seems Tim Smith is on the piss all the time and how old is he? 21? 22?

Drop them both, bring up some players that actually want to play football, Isn't our reggies side on the top of the table?

mickdo

Coach
All these people who keep saying we are the laughing stock of the league should seriously have a good look at the Sharks, Souths and the Warriors. I mean please... :roll:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
i wonder what it does for their fitness
i know after a big weekend i feel sluggish for days afterwards

parralight

Juniors
A few things -
Tim is 21 years of age - He is under enormous pressure at the moment considering footy is his life and he is playing like crap so therefore his life is crap - how would most people react ?
He really is living in a fishbowl.

Riddell on the other hand is a completely different thing. He is a senior member of the side and just last week I was talking him up as a potential captain.

Drop both players to PL. Fine both. AND place Riddell on a final warning about his behaviour.

All of this shows just how the team has come apart due to a lack of discipline. Its a wonder that we were even competitive at all on the game days if this sort of preparation was the norm.

Its time for a very strong hand to come in and kick a few heads and hopefully JT is the man for it.
It starts this week. JT has to be his own man.
As I have previously stated IMHO Smithys biggest fault that he was maybe too loyal to certain players. All that must now stop !

Bigfella

Coach
No he's not a poor player.

He is an extremely talented player who in 2005 set up more tries than any other.

In 2006 he is struggling for perdonal form in a team which is grappling with issues relating to leadership morale and confidence.

That is what makes this type of indiscretion even worse, and a betrayal of the fans and staff.

Daneel

Bench
mickdo said:
All these people who keep saying we are the laughing stock of the league should seriously have a good look at the Sharks, Souths and the Warriors. I mean please... :roll:

The sharks have won 3 or 4 in a row now, and are in the top 8...:roll: