What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT: Daniel Anderson will not replace Michael Hagan

Daneel

Bench
Mmm..

option 1: Levy on STH's of $100 x 4,000 = $400,000 = Bye Bye Hages
option 2: Convince the Stadium Trust to sell the name of the stadium for $500k = Bye Bye Hages
option 3: Emjaycee wins lotto and pays Hages $305,000 NOT to coach the Eels = Bye Bye Hages

Heaps of options more I am sure.
:D:D

I am crossing my fingers that you win the lotto mj. :pray:

Daneel

Bench
I think the membership will asses what happens. I am quite sure they will ask questions, and ask for justifications. The Anger of the members is not always displayed in the replacement of a Board or even a Single Board member.

Then how is it displayed? Surely not by just asking questions.

Suitman

Post Whore
Fine My mistake,

I still don't think the numbers are going to add up.

They may not, but they may.
They'd certainly go a long way towards softening the blow.

Say we increase our average home gate by 3000, at an average of $25/ticket.
There's $75000 for starters.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal

Suity

Would come close to covering wages for the security, bar and food staff. Probably mean it wouldn't cost the club money to host a home game.

Daneel

Bench
Then we get to finding a nominee to run for the board.

But surely that heads back in the direction that it is easier said then done. I don't want to come off as knocking the members, as i am not. Just trying to understand the whole process and the fact that it has been stated that overturning the board or at least some of them is no easy feat. If indeed that even needs to happen.

Can the members demand changes be implemented by the board? For e.g. can they tell the board that they no longer want DF running the show. Or once the board is voted in is it a case of their descision and theirs alone.

Suitman

Post Whore
Can the members demand changes be implemented by the board? For e.g. can they tell the board that they no longer want DF running the show. Or once the board is voted in is it a case of their descision and theirs alone.

That is an excellent question.

Suity

Suity

Sure but when you look at the club finances, we spend around 12 million a year on football. We make obviously 6 Million from Football revenue as the Leagues club chucks in the rest.

3.6 or so of that 6 million comes from the NRL grant (Our cut of TV Rights, Sponsorship and Merchandise). So that leaves 2.4 Million to Sponsorship and gate.

Not saying that the above wont help, but more saying isn't it already committed to paying for the side. You then have to get more people over an above that to pay for a new coach and a new assistant.

There is an interesting website for this year the centenary of league website.

It is interesting to go back and look at Parramatta in 2001. When we were on that Hot Streak We were smashing every side in our path. There aren't that many times we crested 20,000 people. We also had the Hill back then I think.

That just leads me to think that sure we will lose money with 7000 people or less in the grand stands. But I don't know where we are going to get the approx $ 600,000 to $700,000 to pay them out over an above what we normally spend.

To cover for the coach going on the above, I think we would need to attract 18,000 per game at least and we would need to stike hot form instantly and as good as Daniel Anderson is, I don't know if we can guarantee that.

Yes. The Board have to listen to the membership as they are our Representatives, If the board feels a mistake has been made, the can more to fix it.

The other thing is that Fitzy is an employee and is also on a contract. So while we can all say sack Fitzy, I would think you all don't want to pay him out and if that is the case, you would have to find cause.

At this time I don't know if his comments in the Telegraph would be considered enough.

Suitman

Post Whore
Sure but when you look at the club finances, we spend around 12 million a year on football. We make obviously 6 Million from Football revenue as the Leagues club chucks in the rest.

3.6 or so of that 6 million comes from the NRL grant (Our cut of TV Rights, Sponsorship and Merchandise). So that leaves 2.4 Million to Sponsorship and gate.

Not saying that the above wont help, but more saying isn't it already committed to paying for the side. You then have to get more people over an above that to pay for a new coach and a new assistant.

It is interesting to go back and look at Parramatta in 2001. When we were on that Hot Streak We were smashing every side in our path. There aren't that many times we crested 20,000 people. We also had the Hill back then I think.

That just leads me to think that sure we will lose money with 7000 people or less in the grand stands. But I don't know where we are going to get the approx $ 600,000 to $700,000 to pay them out over an above what we normally spend.

To cover for the coach going on the above, I think we would need to attract 18,000 per game at least and we would need to stike hot form instantly and as good as Daniel Anderson is, I don't know if we can guarantee that.

I stated at the beginning that this was speculative and later on that there are no guarantees in sport.

Having said that, increased crowds was just one area of revenue that might incresae - not the sole area. Your selective reading amuses me.

Mate, I'm glad your not in marketing.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member

that alone is disgusting considring that a club like Souths is likely to make that sort of dough on one sponsor alone.