What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dt: Hagan To Axe Stars

sharks8601

Juniors
Reddy is sh*t! the fact he's done well to score a few trys masks serious defeiciencies in his game. How often does he make cruicial blunders in our own half. & his one on one defence is horendous. He is a fullback / winger (at best) playing in the centres.

Tautai, Wagon, Lowrie, Oak and Weller should all be gone as well. Weller has a tonne of talent but shocking discipline and poor commitment to D. We should promote Zeb Taia....oh wait

he has been you best back so what does that say about the rest of them??

sportsmad

Juniors
why axe the players? why can't the coach axe himself and coach wenty for a week?
fair dinkum this bloke is out with the fairies. the warning signs were there early in the season...and now with 7 games left we're in real danger of missing the semis & panicking by dropping people and creating more chaos. Eric was the first to go, but i always thought his problems were related to defending next to Reddy...now i see his replacements having the same problems, but offering far less in attack. watching the Tigers forwards yesterday i couldn't believe the difference between them and our own, they had footwork, offloads...but yet are physically similar. so in my mind the difference has to rest with the coaching & game plans....so a week coaching wenty for you Hages.....i've lost what little faith i had in you.

Bigfella

Coach
Just keep in mind that any player defending outside Brett Finch will face a nightmare.

It will be four on two all night. And on-line will be attemting trysavers every time.

Hanscholo

Bench
Hagan is an idiot if he sacks reddy he has been one of your best all season. How about getting williams and inu onto the training paddock and showing the how to move up in defence rather than w/e the f**k they were doing the other night.

At this stage he is under contract and playing reasonably well from all reports. Has been one of Wenty's best players. May be undersized but at this stage the options at prop aren't really there and the fact he is under contract may mean we have to rely on him next year. This year is pretty much a write off. Only the blindly optimistic can still see a chance. Steps need to be put in place to help some of these kids make the transition for next year.

Tim Mannah has only just come back from eight weeks out - rushing him into first grade could hamper his development. John Mannah might be an option as well. Latimore probably deserves as decent a shot as what Wright does.

Something needs to change somewhere.

Yeah I'm all for the young guys getting a Shot. Fui is Carrying the pack by himself. Once he goes off we have nothing. Cayless is playing like a disgrace.

Just a shame we are not keeping the Younger Mannah. Big Boy.

Parra Guru

Coach
Hate to say I told you so, but you could easily see that Eric was not the only problem early on. The defensive problems were starting infield from Finch. Reddy and Tautai are being made to look like school kids now.

Before you bring Iwi in, you need to give Grothe another go. The last thing we need is another debutant out on the wing this year.

bartman

Immortal
Exactly, agree with you there. No point putting in another outside back only for Hagan to blame and threaten to drop him, when the problems lie elsewhere.

The only facet of his game Eric can improve upon is his read and speed when being kicked over... and the same can be said on that for Tony Williams. If he's shown improvement in that while with Wenty and in training, he should have his post back now.

caylo

Bench
Hayne
Gardner (I dont care how old or how small he is, he is bigger than Anderson and older when he made his debu)
Inu
Lowrie (better option than wagon IMO)
Reddy
Finch
Keating
Cayless
Keating
Fuifui
Hindmarsh
Riddel
Mateo

Williams
Cordoba
Mannah
Robenson

Jodeci

Bench
Hayne
Gardner (I dont care how old or how small he is, he is bigger than Anderson and older when he made his debu)
Inu
Lowrie (better option than wagon IMO)
Reddy
Finch
Keating
Cayless
Keating
Fuifui
Hindmarsh
Riddel
Mateo

Williams
Cordoba
Mannah
Robenson

That will do me....

I'd rather play with 12 then have Lowrie even near a jersey

spiderdan

Bench
Hagan is an idiot if he sacks reddy he has been one of your best all season. How about getting williams and inu onto the training paddock and showing the how to move up in defence rather than w/e the f**k they were doing the other night.
based on what we can see of his coaching this year i don't think he needs to sack reddy to prove it.

most of our side needs to do a heap of work on defence.

caylo

Bench
That will do me....

I'd rather play with 12 then have Lowrie even near a jersey

Well this is the way I look at it; our centre options are
Inu and Reddy who are in now but I prefer Reddy on the wing (im not bagging Reddy out). Our other options are Hayne (leave him at fb for the moment IMO), tautai (doesn't deserve it IMO), Smith (will break down after 15 min may aswell play with 12), Williams (don't like outwide), Wagon (well?).

We are short on quality backs, I think Lowrie in the centres wouldn't be a bad idea, he is fairly quick and runs good lines. He may see some space and actually play to his potential. His defence is much better than our other centre options and he has good front on defence but also slides well.

Jodeci

Bench
Hahaha gotta agree with Jodeci...Lowrie at centre? Is that u Hages?

I'd rather have Wagon out in the centres.

Reddy should be in the team but I'd have him out of the defensive line and at fullback. He returns the ball back and this move could save his career because he simply is not a centre.

I'd be throwing Inu and Hayne in the centres with Burt and Guru on the wings.

Latest posts