What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

duds of the decade

macavity

Referee
If you qualift by being terrible, Smith would have to start and be captain. Worst NRL player ever.

:lol: at Kaufusi.

Raider_69

Post Whore
hahahha now i remember greg Smith
thats just about enough to steal the captaincy away from big Don Tweedle

Raider_69

Post Whore
Greg Smith has forced Tony Herman into the centres, which has forced Jason Bulgarelli to the back row...

we need 2 more benchies and a hooker

1. Lopina Kaufusi (Wests Tigers)
2. Greg Smith (Newcastle)
3. Tony Herman (Newcastle)
4. Jared Anderson (Cronulla)
5. Paul Carige (Parramatta)
6. Ben Kusto (Parramatta)
7. Troy Pezet (Sth QLD)
8. Grant Wooden (Northern Eagles)
10. Don Tweedle (c) (Cronulla)
11. Justin Dooley (Magpies)
12. Tyran Smith (Canberra)
13. Jason Bulgarelli (Canberra)

14. Gary Winter (Northern Eagles)
15. Ben Czislowski (Bulldogs)

CEO: John Ribot (Melbourne)
Coach: Paul Langmack (Souths)

Ref: Matt Checcin

elyod138

Bench
Paul McNicholas for souths and the cowboys should be on the bench, he was a huge fella but he didn't even try most of the time.

Red Bear

Referee
Nigel Roy
Surely Donny Tweddle wasnt that bad, he goes well for Corrimal down here in the local comp.

SilentBob

Juniors
Scott Mahon
Scott McLean
Scott Pethybridge
Leo Dynevor
Adam Brown
Chris Leikvoll
Ian Sibbit
Nathan Sologinkin
Darren Burns
Adam Hayden
Brett Sheehan
Albert Fulivai
Alf Duncan
Jamie Olejnik
Brett Grogan
Moghseen Jadwat (Referee)

Raider_69

Post Whore
there is simply not enough places for all these names. ive settled on the following:

1. Lopina Kaufusi (Wests Tigers)
2. Greg Smith (Newcastle)
3. Tony Herman (Newcastle)
4. Jared Anderson (Cronulla)
5. Paul Carige (Parramatta)
6. Ben Kusto (Parramatta)
7. Troy Pezet (Sth Qld)
8. Grant Wooden (Northern Eagles)
9. Paul Dezolt (Nth Qld)
10. Don Tweedle (c) (Cronulla)
11. Justin Dooley (Magpies)
12. Tyran Smith (Canberra)
13. Jason Bulgarelli (Canberra)

14. Gary Winter (Northern Eagles)
15. Ben Czislowski (Bulldogs)
16. Ian Sibbit (Melbourne)
17. Nathan Sologinkin (Canterbury)

CEO: John Ribot (Melbourne)
Coach: Paul Langmack (Souths)

Referee: Matt Cheecin

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
that forward pack has a fair bit of size about it
could muscle out a victory if the likes of tweddle , smith and wooden fired

RABK

Referee
What about that cat Covell? He's as almost as big a cat as that huge cat BBSF.

Geez that's a cat if i ever saw one.

Ari Gold

Bench
surely....ryan tandy, mark meredith .....well most of souths team from 2003 would have to be there.....

Supercoach-

I have a few reservations about your criteria.

You talk about the worst players of the last decade and this is inclusive of the 1996-7 super league years. I only have to scroll through the scrapbook from this time and scratch the underbelly of mediocrity to expose some truly horrendous figures:

craig patch, Mick Doreen, Tiaan Strauss, David Bouveng, Vince Fawcett, Fili Seru, Willie Morganson, siegfried sassoon, Bruce Mamando, Lee Oudenryn, Des Clarke, Shane Kenward, Andrew Hunter, Dean Moon, Eammon Edgar, Darrien Doherty, Tristan Brady-Smith and Mark Crovo.

Rugby league talent was diluted by the influx of expansion sides and there were a pool of sh*tty players who were befouling the standard of play; these were the guys who looked fitting playing in predominantly sponsor-less jerseys before meagre crowds at Penrith Park or Antigua Recreational Ground.

To illustrate the chasm that existed in rugby league talent I raise the example of when it was proposed that the ARL would admit a further side, the Dandenong Swamp Rats and people were speculating Dale Fritz as a possible captain. Greg Boruke was also considered for the goal kicking with his 48% success rate.

Since teh number of teams have been culled (barring the Souths exception) the slew of average players has been marginalised greatly. Nowadays, a below-average player can be exposed with ease and becomes the centre of ridicule for opposition fans.

To compare a dud from the last 5 years to the 5 years that preceded that would be more pertinent. I propose that Neil Whittaker inaugurate a Resches Dinner Ale cup to be contested by a composite team of duds from 1995-2000 and an equivalent team from the 2000-2005. All the other rules that you mentioned should stand.

I will begin to formulate my sides.

The 2000-2005 side will be led by Tweadle Don/ Tweadle Dumb. No other positions have been confirmed although I sense that Paul Khory (Easts) is favourite for the halfback position and Hayes Lauder (Tigers) should snare a bench spot.

Latest posts