What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan back to fullback - team named

Forster Dragon

Juniors
Nighty has slowed terribly,however still has vital experience and will still score tries that other wingers cannot score.On this score alone he should be in the team.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
As predicted minimal changes.. This is basically the best team we can trot out.. Even though I still think there's major problems in the halves...

I don't know why we so set up so shallow when attacking - this is the problem why our attack is not working. If u look at Lafai and in to a lesser degree Dugan - when receiving any ball their opponents are a metre away and all over them..

Surely the coaching staff can see this problem if no bodies like us can pick it up.. Just looking at the Tigers attack makes u wonder why we can't set up our attack in a similar fashion..

This flat type of attack was first seen with storm in 1999 with Kimorley. I've never really been a fan of it, it looks ugly and hard to execute well. I think the argument is that it's the best way to make the most meters.

I love watching the broncos and cowboys play, they remind me of those great attacking teams of the 80's and 90's. It makes sense to have your receivers stand deep to give them some room to put some footwork on the opposition.

Turk

Juniors
Happy with the team picked. Dugan back at fullback is going to make a huge difference in attack and defence. Great to see Aitken back in the side, we need to be patient with him. Lets see how the boys respond after last weeks shocker.

blacksafake

First Grade
Nighty has slowed terribly,however still has vital experience and will still score tries that other wingers cannot score.On this score alone he should be in the team.
Could he play lock? he's certainly tough enough, can pass in traffic,good support player.Don't forget Bennett had him coming off the bench & playing some minutes in the forwards when he was here.Just saying.

Big man

Juniors
Nightingale is 5m too slow for the wing! He has to move over for. Young gun speedster - seriously nightingale is now seriously hampering our attack.. It was embarrassing watching him in the clear..

I think Nightingale is one of your best outside backs. While he has lost a little speed he is still one of the best finishers in the game. Some of the tries he has scored in the last two seasons have been spectacular. In the recent charity shield he setup a try by diving over the deadball line to knock the ball back into the field of play for a try. These one percenters he pulls off in a game cannot be coached into a player, it comes natural and he is one of the fieriest competitors in the team.

SBD82

Coach
Any chance this is just gamesmanship from Mary?

If I was a coach and I wanted to protect a new recruit from getting hammered in the media for a week I'd leave him out of the team on paper and name him just before kick off.

rainman44

Bench
Any chance this is just gamesmanship from Mary?

If I was a coach and I wanted to protect a new recruit from getting hammered in the media for a week I'd leave him out of the team on paper and name him just before kick off.

Good point.

Dragon66

Juniors
I doubt that there is a new recruit. I don't believe that's in Mary's DNA. Last year it was Aitken because there was nobody else, and he was lucky to be proved right. Definitely not through good management and vision.

It will be a reshuffle of the same old same old, most likely Nighty to the back. I would expect KFFL to get the gig because he is experienced, not because he deserves it. I hate that we have to wait til kick off to find out. Mary did the same thing last year. We got all excited and nothing. So just tell us!

SBD82

Coach
I doubt that there is a new recruit. I don't believe that's in Mary's DNA. Last year it was Aitken because there was nobody else, and he was lucky to be proved right. Definitely not through good management and vision.

It will be a reshuffle of the same old same old, most likely Nighty to the back. I would expect KFFL to get the gig because he is experienced, not because he deserves it. I hate that we have to wait til kick off to find out. Mary did the same thing last year. We got all excited and nothing. So just tell us!

Sorry if I wasn't clear.

New recruit is Mann.

Dragon66

Juniors
Sorry if I wasn't clear.

New recruit is Mann.

My apologies, one to many red wines tonight, still depressed, watched the replay today. You may be right, at least stg666 thinks you are. Must admit with Mary that wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

TheRev

Coach
You're a brave man.
Damn straight, thats a tough night in the office!

And yes I think there is definitely a chance Mann plays, if Duges doesnt.. but he might opt to throw Flo or PM or someone there.. since they are int he squad.. instead of bringing up Quinlan if its just 1 or 2 games.. I just think its a bad look to have 3 fullbacks being used in 4-5 games to start a season..

Latest posts