What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DUGAN NEXT

mickeylane

Bench
You are aware that any player that Bulldogs have apparently signed will not be registered unless they shed $1.9m worth of annual contracts so I doubt that they would be making that $2.9 worth of contracts to shed!!
If anything I reckon it could be DUGAN to Titans and Hayne to Sharks... And Dragons to pick up a cheaper Fb (Gagai) and keep Lafai, MANN, Packer... That's the rumour ...

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
In the off season everybody wanted to sign Leilua & he appears to be down in the pecking order compared to others.
What if his signature now forces the letting go of Packer. I for one will be very disappointed. Interested in others opinions especially those who have seen enough of Leilua.Unlike me.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
In the off season everybody wanted to sign Leilua & he appears to be down in the pecking order compared to others.
What if his signature now forces the letting go of Packer. I for one will be very disappointed. Interested in others opinions especially those who have seen enough of Leilua.Unlike me.

Mate he is playing a lot better then the first 4 games.
He is defending better.
Still go missing but is playing longer minutes.
He will get a run during rep period.
So interesting to see any improvement.

Old Timer

Coach
You are aware that any player that Bulldogs have apparently signed will not be registered unless they shed $1.9m worth of annual contracts so I doubt that they would be making that $2.9 worth of contracts to shed!!
If anything I reckon it could be DUGAN to Titans and Hayne to Sharks... And Dragons to pick up a cheaper Fb (Gagai) and keep Lafai, MANN, Packer... That's the rumour ...
You love a good rumour.
Back to the nudie runs for you.
He is defending better.
Can't afford anyone in 1st grade that goes missing.
Our forwards are laying a brilliant platform simply because they are filter, stronger and don't ever go missing so big Luc better get back down to boot camp in his spare time if he wants to play 1st grade.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
If the club manage to pull off a couple of their current targets...

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Gagai
4. Lafai/Aitken
5. Mann

6. Widdop
7. Hunt

*drools*

blacksafake

First Grade
He is defending better.
Thanks for this Sammy. Haven't seen enough of him but the going missing part needs to be rectified. Possibly an attitude thing.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
You love a good rumour.
Back to the nudie runs for you.

Can't afford anyone in 1st grade that goes missing.
Our forwards are laying a brilliant platform simply because they are filter, stronger and don't ever go missing so big Luc better get back down to boot camp in his spare time if he wants to play 1st grade.

OT
Not sure if he unfit.
I dont think so as he trains with first grade.
But there is something missing.
It my well be in his head.
I mean mental toughness.
You see our 1st grade forwards there all tough both mentally and physically.
Imo

Life's Good

Coach
I fear the dogs snatching him the most, he would fit there.
This is a good point and they did express interest in Dugan whilst he was in negotiation with us in 2013. The only thing will be juggling their existing players that they have with the expected purge they will need to fit players in. Guess we just haven't to wait, see & hope.

possm

Coach
If the club manage to pull off a couple of their current targets...

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Gagai
4. Lafai/Aitken
5. Mann

6. Widdop
7. Hunt

*drools*
Gees, Millward would be very unhappy with you. He'd say the last thing we need is another right centre. We've just lost Milne who costs a fraction of the price of Gagi and more than Lafai. Doen't make sense to me.

Right now Millward is trying to sort out his white board. It seems he is trying to fit Dugan, Packer, Lafai Nightingale and Mann under the cap. With Dugan's asking price it is proving to be an impossible ask.

Millward has said publically, Field is the heir to the first grade custodian position. Even if Dugan moves on, I doubt Millward would sign Gagai mainly because there are much cheaper stop gap fullbacks in the market.

Bench
Last season we were not able to get players from us. This season everyone is trying to our players.