What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan or Boyd

KiamaSaint

Coach
OT a little, I loved seeing Dugan clean shaven. It straight away told me his head was in the game. Nothing against beards, just that the growing of Dugan's seemed to coincide with his falling out with Canberra.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
More mockery!!
hatemail124_mockery.jpg

Old_Timer

Juniors
Your right Kiama, aside from the razor stripe, he looked half reasonable. Obviously he went to a bit of effort to impress us and it worked.

Gazzaw

Juniors
No comparison

Boyd from structured play, that's why he has only ever been coached by Bennett.

Dugan, broken play & do it on his own.

Boyd was only as good as the side in front of him. Dugan can stand out in a team of mugs

Gazzaw

Juniors
Thanks OT, just found this site by accident on Friday, whilst carbing for the half Marathon.
Cannot believe after following Red & Whites for 40 odd years, I just find a site like this........ Think I nned to spend more time surfing lol

Dargons Top 6

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dugan has scored the same amount of tries for the red V than Darius did in his first season at the red V. Dugan is a natural fullback whereas Darius started on the wing and in 2009 had his first full season at fullback. Boyd was great for the Red V and did win the Clive Churchil medal ( Still think Nighty should have got it but anyway). What Boyd did in 2010 was pretty special.

I would be interested to see if Boyd was a NSW player would he have been picked for the Blues, especially in 2011 when he was at his peak ahead of Dugan? I would also like to see if Boyd would be performing as well under the current Dragons structure. When Dugan was at the Raiders he did not have that many bad games where as Boyd struggled when he went to the Knights until he got use to the players so it shows that Dugan can adapt quickly to different types of players. He will be a joy to watch that is for sure.

Dugan had a great debut and I am pretty sure if he has a good season he will stay on with the Dragons. He mentioned after the game a few times how greatful he was to the players and the club for welcoming him into the team. He looks very settled and I am sure he will repay them back teh faith. He was on big dollars at the Raiders and wanted out so I am sure if he like how things are going Saints will have a far greater advantage than anyone else. I am pretty sure that Saints have an agreement with him if all goes well in 2013 and he will be offered an extension. Only thing I am worried about with Dugan is off the field. It only takes one small misdemeanor and the whole media will be on him and demanding a sacking. They will be watching his every move.

As for Langalnds, different era's. You can't compare players back then to now? And comparing an Imortal to a 22 year old who has played at the highest level for a few years come on. A few years ago Tim Smith at Parra won awards as best junior and people were comparing him to Sterlo. Yeah, that worked out well.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Your home town Willow? LOL.
My home town is Sydney.

And up here on the Gold Coast the seniors are respected more than anywhere else in the universe.

You play the old fella card way too often. The OAPs I know are a lot tougher.

big pat

Coach
No true St George supporter would ever forget the name of Graeme Langlangs. He was the greatest full back to ever play the game. And yes I also saw Clive Churchill play.

Such a statement attributed to your good self, even tongue in cheek, is tantamount to treason. Please withdraw it unreservedly, as many of us long term supporters find it very offensive, to say the least .

from one old timer to another, i agree with everything you said, langlands was in a class off his own, one of my great pleasure's in rugby league, was watching changa and billy smith, making opposing teams look ordinary, they were a great combo, hopefully deano was sculling a couple of breezers when he made that statement.

Old_Timer

Juniors
My home town is Sydney.

And up here on the Gold Coast the seniors are respected more than anywhere else in the universe.

You play the old fella card way too often. The OAPs I know are a lot tougher.

Hmmm two images from you and I retaliate with one. I am still standing, well sort of LOL, and you cave in. Toughen up Willow

images

P.S. Guess which one is me??

Old_Timer

Juniors
..... hopefully deano was sculling a couple of breezers when he made that statement.

Maybe he was having an intravenous breezer infusion, from a rusty 44 gallon drum, Big Pat. You might expect that sort of rhetoric from youngish other club supporters, but from within our own ranks, simply diabolical to say the least.

After our halcyon days, Chang carried our club on his back. I hope Deano has the testes to withdraw what he wrote.

Father Ted

First Grade
from one old timer to another, i agree with everything you said, langlands was in a class off his own, one of my great pleasure's in rugby league, was watching changa and billy smith, making opposing teams look ordinary, they were a great combo, hopefully deano was sculling a couple of breezers when he made that statement.

Another fossil here .. Chang was the best I've ever seen "Ever". But you do realise Dean was taking the mick O T.

Latest posts