What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Ragged on by Americans for Ray Lewis Tattoo

big hit!

Bench
I have absolutely no interest in Superbowl or any American based sport to be honest. Hence my lack of knowledge.

When a country calls their national competition a World Series, such as baseball (where no teams from other countries compete), my attention is zero.

yeah, you tell 'em.

it's like a league calling their comp the 'National' Rugby League when its representation is limited to one geographic half of the nation.

firechild

First Grade
yeah, you tell 'em.

it's like a league calling their comp the 'National' Rugby League when its representation is limited to one geographic half of the nation.

The population is also largely limited to one half of the nation.

thorson1987

Coach
I never got the ncaa scene until I watched a college bball game the other night Ohio State vs Michigan, game went down to the wire and by the end I was yelling at the screen on a foul. Im gonna start watching more.
Someone once told me that the reason people follow college sport and not pro sport is that, the players arnt as good and make some mistakes, so it makes the game interesting and less predictable.

I prefer the NCAA over professionals.

Better crowd atmosphere, no over paid prima donnas and the players put in every single game. They know if they have a bad couple of games it lowers their chances of being picked high in the draft.

Another thing I can't stand about the NBA, is how they allow players to be drafted straight out of high school.

At least in the NFL to be drafted you need to at least complete 3 years of college.

eozsmiles

Bench
I prefer the NCAA over professionals.

Better crowd atmosphere, no over paid prima donnas and the players put in every single game. They know if they have a bad couple of games it lowers their chances of being picked high in the draft.

Another thing I can't stand about the NBA, is how they allow players to be drafted straight out of high school.

At least in the NFL to be drafted you need to at least complete 3 years of college.

I think they have the "one and done" rule now which means a player must do at least 1 year of college. Unlike the rule in rugby league which is "old enough if good enough".

The college system has awesome atmosphere and crowd support. Some high school teams get better support than NRL clubs. Probably have bigger budgets too lol. I've been told this is because of the demographics of the USA. Not every city has a major league team so people support the local college teams. It's pretty much like following a major team as there is heaps of media coverage, big stadiums, and games are often live on TV.

There are a stack of overpaid prima donnas in the NCAA system. It's why so many want out as soon as possible - get that money. It's why they have agents getting busted for doing deals with HS players and college "pay for play" scandals.

And on the question of putting in every game, just type "college basketball point shaving" into google and you'll see plenty of gambling trouble where players aren't trying their best.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
yeah, you tell 'em.

Like a silly fumblefest calling itself the national game when it is followed by less than half the population of the country.

Say hello to your mates at the boggers for little country.

supercharger

Juniors
Your team pumped my team 4 nil in the finals series

Go the mighty Tigers
gaintstigers.jpg

natheel

Coach
Yeah well it was term coined a long long time ago and it stuck
Congrats on the Giants btw 2 World Series in 3 years is very impressive unlike the Cubs...crickets chirping
Have you ever been to AT&T park to watch them,it really is an awesome ballpark
And just on hockey while I love it i understand that it's not for everyone but it is a sport that is enhanced by actually attending rather than watching on tv.but to each his own

Never been no but I really wanna go!

I'm attending a lakers game and ducks game while I'm over there in April. Really looking forward to it.

betcats

Referee
I think they have the "one and done" rule now which means a player must do at least 1 year of college. Unlike the rule in rugby league which is "old enough if good enough".

The college system has awesome atmosphere and crowd support. Some high school teams get better support than NRL clubs. Probably have bigger budgets too lol. I've been told this is because of the demographics of the USA. Not every city has a major league team so people support the local college teams. It's pretty much like following a major team as there is heaps of media coverage, big stadiums, and games are often live on TV.

There are a stack of overpaid prima donnas in the NCAA system. It's why so many want out as soon as possible - get that money. It's why they have agents getting busted for doing deals with HS players and college "pay for play" scandals.

And on the question of putting in every game, just type "college basketball point shaving" into google and you'll see plenty of gambling trouble where players aren't trying their best.

You are correct about the one and done rule for NBA. Personally I dislike it, let players choose what they want to do. If you are good enough at 17 or 18 to get paid big money to play ball then why should the NBA stop them? Increases the likelihood of kids taking money from schools imo.

What do 'one and done' kids gain from one year of college? they sharpen their game a bit and maybe learn something. In the meantime they could of been earning 1mil+ in salary plus endorsements in the NBA.

Some kids, maybe most kids need a couple years playing college ball to mature their game and physically but there a a few who are good to go straight out of highschool. The kids can always go to europe and play pro ball from highschool but its not the same.

Imagine LBJ or Dwight being forced into a year of college.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
This how you kill a post football career.

Dugan will work the garbos in belconnen once he retires.

Highly doubt it. If he plays his cards right he won't need a career post football. Even stay a one club man and work in development for raiders.

Could have plenty of options with a lot of money in the bank. Don't think a leg tat will hurt him too much.

firechild

First Grade
Highly doubt it. If he plays his cards right he won't need a career post football. Even stay a one club man and work in development for raiders.

I guess if John Hopoate can get a job with an NRL club then there is hope yet for Dugan. He might want to think about having a whole stack of kids to increase the chances of having at least one with enough talent that a club is prepared to give him a job in order to get his kid on-board.

Raider_69

Post Whore
This how you kill a post football career.

Dugan will work the garbos in belconnen once he retires.

Unlike you and i, if Dugan plays his cards right he wont have to worry about what to do for work when he's 35.

Even if he did, the bloke could get a business degree, show up in shirt and tie every day for 40 years and no one would see 99% of his tattoos (by then there will be plenty of 60 years in offices with tats too)

some how i doubt this tattoo, albeit dumb, will have any influence over him life after football

Nor do i think he will regret it, as is commonly suggested by people regarding tattoos, i tend to think people in their old years spend more time thinking about the things they didnt do, rather than dwelling on the things they did

Latest posts