What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan Ragged on by Americans for Ray Lewis Tattoo

skeepe

Immortal
:shock: I've heard the same thing said about fumbleball, so struggle to take that argument seriously as a result.

Having been to an NHL game I can say its absolutely true. The whole game day experience is absolutely amazing. They have something like 40+ home games a season yet still manage to make each one feel like a massive event.

eozsmiles

Bench
I have absolutely no interest in Superbowl or any American based sport to be honest. Hence my lack of knowledge.

When a country calls their national competition a World Series, such as baseball (where no teams from other countries compete), my attention is zero.

No worries. Horses for courses. Just giving a bit of background on Ray. He is a larger than life character. Not sure how league fans would take him to be honest lol.

I'm a sports nut and watch all sorts of stuff. It seems like overkill at times - the NBA play on christmas day - but overall I love watching sport from all over the world and I do it every day. And SportsCenter is a pretty slick show.

bileduct

Coach
This makes me hate Canberra more than ever. Bogan team of tards.
Dugan, Fergusson, Sandor etc.
LOL, a tattoo on a player actually makes you hate a team more than you already do over the '89 Grand Final? Lighten up Francis.

Lambretta

First Grade
I think it's weird it's the 'world' series but whatever. I still enjoy it and my team won this season :)

I love American sports. Only one I seem to not be able to get into is NHL.

Your team pumped my team 4 nil in the finals series

Go the mighty Tigers

Yeah same with NHL although I can take or leave NBA. I watch it if I'm a captive audience (at the gym) but I don't go of my way.

Saying which I was watching OT of a College game in the gym today between OSU (Oklahoma State) and Baylor

17 seconds left, Baylor leading by 1 and they drive to the basket. OSU force a turnover, rush down the other end and score the most unbelievable basket with 0.2 seconds left. What a finish to a game!

supercharger

Juniors
No worries. Horses for courses. Just giving a bit of background on Ray. He is a larger than life character. Not sure how league fans would take him to be honest lol.

I'm a sports nut and watch all sorts of stuff. It seems like overkill at times - the NBA play on christmas day - but overall I love watching sport from all over the world and I do it every day. And SportsCenter is a pretty slick show.
Love watching hoops on Christmas Day same goes for football on turkey day and CFL thanksgiving day classic

supercharger

Juniors

byrner

Juniors
Your team pumped my team 4 nil in the finals series

Go the mighty Tigers

Yeah same with NHL although I can take or leave NBA. I watch it if I'm a captive audience (at the gym) but I don't go of my way.

Saying which I was watching OT of a College game in the gym today between OSU (Oklahoma State) and Baylor

17 seconds left, Baylor leading by 1 and they drive to the basket. OSU force a turnover, rush down the other end and score the most unbelievable basket with 0.2 seconds left. What a finish to a game!

I never got the ncaa scene until I watched a college bball game the other night Ohio State vs Michigan, game went down to the wire and by the end I was yelling at the screen on a foul. Im gonna start watching more.
Someone once told me that the reason people follow college sport and not pro sport is that, the players arnt as good and make some mistakes, so it makes the game interesting and less predictable.

Tone83

Juniors
Playing american football on the playstation you realise it's a great game, but it's hard to watch on tv for me. Very very slow and I barely see anything when something does happen.

Timbo

Staff member
It's called the World Series because it was created and sponsored by a newspaper called 'The World'.

They just kept the name when the sponsorship ended because its catchy.

Valheru

Coach
Yep looked it up it was proven wrong. Apparently it's kept that name of World Series because players are scouted from all over the world and apparently around 30% of the MLB players are from other countries (which I thought was quite high)
I think it's weird it's the 'world' series but whatever. I still enjoy it and my team won this season
I love American sports. Only one I seem to not be able to get into is NHL.

It’s called the World Series because originally it was sponsored by the “news of the world” newspaper, hence World Series. It’s nothing to do with American arrogance/ignorance or where the players are from etc.

betcats

Referee
The NBA used to crown world champs until 86. Who cares, its the sport I enjoy not what the title or series they are trying to win is called.

Latest posts