What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Seriously guys, unless you have Cameron smith in your side, you always need a utility on the bench. I dont know how many times we need to play rein for 80 minutes to prove he cant play 80 minutes. We could of done with Le'strange on the bench tonight, given rein a spell, then bring rein back on in the last 20. Worked well in the begining the of year.

To be fair to Rein he is above average.. If he was in a pack with size and speed, like the Rorters, and was coached to a game plan, where he doesn't have to think, he would thrive. Hopefully the 2016 pack puts us on the front foot.

All the top teams have quick support players, who follow the ball carrier for off loads in the run, we can't seem to get that part of our game going. A few off the big fellows bend the line and are in position, but we are more concerned with getting set for the next play the ball.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Seriously guys, unless you have Cameron smith in your side, you always need a utility on the bench. I dont know how many times we need to play rein for 80 minutes to prove he cant play 80 minutes. We could of done with Le'strange on the bench tonight, given rein a spell, then bring rein back on in the last 20. Worked well in the begining the of year.

I said last week we should have played Le'strange, he would have given us quicker service from dummy half and turned their big forwards around when he came on......hindsight is a wonderful thing I guess

Twenty10

Juniors
In other words it's just speculation. I hope that's the case anyway. You tell me if you can, how good would it be to have a hooker who does everything Rein does plus has no trouble kicking, passing out of dummy half and playing 80min? The Dragons forward given age and the smaller size will already be advantaged by the new interchange rules. Farah would just be the icing on the cake.

I agree. I think Farrah is the missing link to s premiership in next 2 years. Rein is good for 30% of the season but as shown against dogs he can be terrible. If we had a quality dummy half we beat the dogs.

FlameThrower

Bench
To do list:
Solid Depth players needed to cover key positions
Wingers / centre positions need to be sorted out
Hard look at the attacking structure and or new attacking coach.
Widdop/Marshall someone has to be the leader and who covers for them due to injury or suspension?
Captaincy - currently his half the game on the bench?
Dragons marketing need to go really hard on membership drive for 2016.

blacklock

Juniors
To do list:
Solid Depth players needed to cover key positions
Wingers / centre positions need to be sorted out
Hard look at the attacking structure and or new attacking coach.
Widdop/Marshall someone has to be the leader and who covers for them due to injury or suspension?
Captaincy - currently his half the game on the bench?
Dragons marketing need to go really hard on membership drive for 2016.

Widdop should lead all our attack. He has amazing kicking game
His kicking game goes the extra yard.

The Nick

Bench
SWAP DEAL FOR FARAH?

Social media was running wild late last week with rumours Robbie Farah and Mitch Rein could take part in a swap deal.

Farah is unwanted by the Wests Tigers for 2016, while Rein is signed with St George Illawarra until the end of 2016.

Foxsports.com.au asked the 25-year-old Rein if he had heard the rumours, to which he replied: “No I haven’t.

“I’m not up with what’s happening on Twitter. Rumours are rumours. I’ve got no idea. I’d love to stay at the Dragons, I’m a local junior.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...gun-market-watch/story-fni3fbgz-1227529687142

V

Vasilevsky

SWAP DEAL FOR FARAH?

Social media was running wild late last week with rumours Robbie Farah and Mitch Rein could take part in a swap deal.

Farah is unwanted by the Wests Tigers for 2016, while Rein is signed with St George Illawarra until the end of 2016.

Foxsports.com.au asked the 25-year-old Rein if he had heard the rumours, to which he replied: ?No I haven?t.

?I?m not up with what?s happening on Twitter. Rumours are rumours. I?ve got no idea. I?d love to stay at the Dragons, I?m a local junior.?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...gun-market-watch/story-fni3fbgz-1227529687142

I hate good local juniors being forced out and I think Rein is a good player but Robbie Farah is a homie on a completely different and higher level. I hope it happens.

V

Vasilevsky

Widdop should lead all our attack. He has amazing kicking game
His kicking game goes the extra yard.

Have you lost your mind? Widdop is a good player and a good kicker but Benji has more ability in his left finger both as a playmaker and in running the ball (beating defenders) than Widdop has.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Have you lost your mind? Widdop is a good player and a good kicker but Benji has more ability in his left finger both as a playmaker and in running the ball (beating defenders) than Widdop has.

I don't think Marshall would have gotten us that close to the bulldogs like Widdop did last week.

V

Vasilevsky

Marshall better than Widdop now thats funny lol.

Well homie, I didn't even say he was better (though I believe he is). Benji is most certainly a better playmaker and better ball runner. As witnessed by the Dragons game with Benji but without Widdop and the games with Widdop but without Benji.

Widdop is outstanding when playing a support role for the main playmaker like he was at Melbourne rather than being the main playmaker himself.

V

Vasilevsky

I don't think Marshall would have gotten us that close to the bulldogs like Widdop did last week.

Hmmmm are we talking about the same game? Benji was dominating until he was injured. Widdop was Widdop. Played well, was solid but never looked like breaking the game apart in favor of the Dragons.

V

Vasilevsky

I would throw hot coals at Farrah.

The club doesn't need a trouble maker like him.

Did some homie from the Tigers screw your better half or something? What is it with you and Benji and Farah? Only a complete moron or someone with an ulterior motive doesn't think Farah would be a good buy if enemies were willing to pay half or more of his salary.

Your little game is up homie. What team do you really support?

Latest posts