What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

The Nick

Bench
Last night on NRL 360 both Benji Marshall and Paul Kent were sure Farah won't be at the Dragons next year.

V

Vasilevsky

He's not wrong, homie

OK. Possm has asked for a such a link on another thread repeatedly but none has been forthcoming. So I'm going to consider it wishful thinking on your part that the he won't come and equally wishful thinking on my part that he will come. We are back to 50/50 so again, I ask what will happen if you are wrong? I think we need to send the Bullgrubs a very firm, uncompromising message. Let them know that we won't go away ever under any imaginable circumstances.

If you are wrong I propose self-immolation outside the Grubs club!

V

Vasilevsky

Last night on NRL 360 both Benji Marshall and Paul Kent were sure Farah won't be at the Dragons next year.

Dragons are known for keeping things pretty close to the chest. Benji would have some idea but I think/hope it's just a ploy to have the Tigers pay more of his salary than they otherwise would.

saints4ever

First Grade
OK. Possm has asked for a such a link on another thread repeatedly but none has been forthcoming. So I'm going to consider it wishful thinking on your part that the he won't come and equally wishful thinking on my part that he will come. We are back to 50/50 so again, I ask what will happen if you are wrong? I think we need to send the Bullgrubs a very firm, uncompromising message. Let them know that we won't go away ever under any imaginable circumstances.

If you are wrong I propose self-immolation outside the Grubs club!

Absolutely nothing will happen if I'm wrong. Nothing will happen if I'm right. My life will go on.
People that would know have said here and other places that Farah won't come here as he is digging his heels in. If the Tigers HAVE to pay him his contract worth even if he plays reserve grade, AND Daley said he'd still pick Farah from there, why would he leave?

saints4ever

First Grade
And BTW homie, what does the Bullgrubs have to do with anything? Last I heard Farah wasn't playing for merkinerbury, or have I missed something?

V

Vasilevsky

Absolutely nothing will happen if I'm wrong. Nothing will happen if I'm right. My life will go on.
People that would know have said here and other places that Farah won't come here as he is digging his heels in. If the Tigers HAVE to pay him his contract worth even if he plays reserve grade, AND Daley said he'd still pick Farah from there, why would he leave?

Because he is ultra competitive (according to what I have heard from numerous sources) and isn't wanted at the Tigers.

possm

Coach
Because he is ultra competitive (according to what I have heard from numerous sources) and isn't wanted at the Tigers.

I'd think his next contract would be worth a lot less if was coming from reserve grade. Also it is more likely that his form would drop becuase the traing and game time would not of NRL standard.

V

Vasilevsky

So what's going on with Robbie Farah? If the Dragons got him and Konrad Hurrell....... would surely mean one of the premiership heavyweights.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Thought we had a salary cap problem. What we get loan from NRL to buy a premiership. It sharks turn next year just heard a rumour dont know if its true.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Thought we had a salary cap problem. What we get loan from NRL to buy a premiership. It sharks turn next year just heard a rumour dont know if its true.

The loan from the NRL was to assist with the football operating costs due to us fielding 3 x lots of junior programmes. This costs our club in excess of $1m per year and is unique. This is paid for from money that is not used from the given salary cap.
It was dependant upon implementing new initiatives and 100% approved by the NRL.
Not to be confused with a poor balance of the salary cap, unevenly spread across the squad by previous football coaching staff. For what it's worth, Mulholland has made some tough calls and the spread across our squad is far better than previous years. We will start to see the fruits of his labour next season by having greater depth and coverage across all positions.
Hopefully, we won't be in the same predicament as this year when an injury crisis really dealt us a blow at the same time as SOO. If you care to recall that time, squad depth cost us 7 straight losses and almost completely bundled us out of the running for a semi final spot.
On your other point re Sharks, I see their ageing forward pack as their Achilles with little depth should injuries strike. They are setting themselves up for an uneven spread of salary cap across their squad. Too many dollars tied up in the backs and not enough spent on the forwards.

The Nick

Bench
The loan from the NRL was to assist with the football operating costs due to us fielding 3 x lots of junior programmes. This costs our club in excess of $1m per year and is unique. This is paid for from money that is not used from the given salary cap..

Any idea when the club expects to see success from these programs? One thing that can't be denied is that we are not bringing though any juniors to be excited about, and the ones we do get excited about get signed by other clubs.

Latest posts