What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

Como Connection

First Grade
I'm still all for Farah playing for the Dragons from next season on. He is the type of player we have been missing and his inclusion along with the new recruits already singed will more than compensate for losing Morris and Merrin.

Very well stated, I'm all the way with Possm with this, FACT.

mickeylane

Bench
Only started this thread as wishful thinking but HELL YEAH to Farah to Dragons and make him captain to get the most out of him - he's a great communicator w the refs where Creagh is disastrous!!

Dugan
Widdop
Marshall
Farah

thsts a very experienced spine - plus u have a hooker who can play 80 min can kick, pass, organise, talk, and lead a pack.. And what a pack we will have next year ! A pack of "thugs" that's what we needed and that what we are getting ..mongrel attitude.

Packer
Masoe
Frizzell
Thompson
Ah Mau
Cooper
Mathews

We just need a killer winger and hopefully Hopoate to bring some strike power to the centres...

V

Vasilevsky

Only started this thread as wishful thinking but HELL YEAH to Farah to Dragons and make him captain to get the most out of him - he's a great communicator w the refs where Creagh is disastrous!!

Dugan
Widdop
Marshall
Farah

thsts a very experienced spine - plus u have a hooker who can play 80 min can kick, pass, organise, talk, and lead a pack.. And what a pack we will have next year ! A pack of "thugs" that's what we needed and that what we are getting ..mongrel attitude.

Packer
Masoe
Frizzell
Thompson
Ah Mau
Cooper
Mathews

We just need a killer winger and hopefully Hopoate to bring some strike power to the centres...

Well said but I'd have Benji as captain. Hopoate would be great but only for massively less money than he is on now. Less than half.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Worst game I'd seen Rein play last week. Too slow from dummy half, mind you Granville at times last night was nearly as bad as Rein. Much better year for Rein this year. I'm unsure about Farah. Could be a master stroke but could be disaster. Obviously a fine player but 31 ? Compare that to Rein or a young hooker from elsewhere.

mickeylane

Bench
Worst game I'd seen Rein play last week. Too slow from dummy half, mind you Granville at times last night was nearly as bad as Rein. Much better year for Rein this year. I'm unsure about Farah. Could be a master stroke but could be disaster. Obviously a fine player but 31 ? Compare that to Rein or a young hooker from elsewhere.
Best 3 hookers in the comp
SMITH - 31
ENNIS - 32
FARRAH - 30

GC Dragon

Juniors
I am a bit like you Witt Dont know if it is a good or bad thing Farrah coming to the dragons .

I was told the dragons have offered him a 3 year deal . 300 per year for first 2 and 500 for the third . With the Tigers to make up the extra 650 per season for 2016 and 2017 . So we would pay 1.1 mil and the tigers 1.3 mil . So 2.4 mil for 3 years ...Would be hard to knock back if true . But could be bollocks like most rumours

FlameThrower

Bench
I am a bit like you Witt Dont know if it is a good or bad thing Farrah coming to the dragons .

I was told the dragons have offered him a 3 year deal . 300 per year for first 2 and 500 for the third . With the Tigers to make up the extra 650 per season for 2016 and 2017 . So we would pay 1.1 mil and the tigers 1.3 mil . So 2.4 mil for 3 years ...Would be hard to knock back if true . But could be bollocks like most rumours

Pretty good rumour though, I could live with this....what happens to Rein in the washup?

God-King Dean

Immortal

Agree with all of this

Very divided on the issue

scottgourley

Juniors
It's like losing my virginity all over again. I'm nervous and excited at the same time.

The guys clearly been behind a lot of the unrest at the Tigers, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and put it down to the massive amount of time and passion he's invested into the place over the years. He won't feel that same sort of obligation to the dragons (to start with anyway) so can hopefully concentrate on playing good footy and make Jason Taylor look foolish. Assuming Rein goes, Havilli will be useful cover around the Origin period.

In saying that, given he's come out and said he wants to be playing first grade for a Sydney club, the Dragons are the ones holding all the cards. Maybe we should add one of those clauses in his contract, that players love to have nowadays, that says if there's any word of player "unrest" at the club he'll be given the boot. While we're at it we'll add a clause into Benji's about short drop-outs, kicks finding the opposition players legs, or no look passes finding Row 5...

GC Dragon

Juniors
Flame ...apparently Rein has been offered a 3 year million dollar deal by the tigers which he is happy with . so with him sorted the tigers happy and dragons happy just waiting on Farrah's return . He only has the 2 options ..dragons or reserve grade . But again time will tell if it is true .

FlameThrower

Bench
Flame ...apparently Rein has been offered a 3 year million dollar deal by the tigers which he is happy with . so with him sorted the tigers happy and dragons happy just waiting on Farrah's return . He only has the 2 options ..dragons or reserve grade . But again time will tell if it is true .

Whoa! If true may explain a few things - offseason merry go around starting early!

_Johnsy

Referee

Dugan
Widdop
Marshall
Farah

Packer
Masoe
Frizzell
Thompson
Ah Mau
Cooper
Mathews

Make him captain, DAFAQ?

giboz71

First Grade
Could prove to be a good move, but this is the 3rd unwanted superstar that's ended up with us (following Dugan and Benji). Would rather we chased a young hooker looking for an opportunity.

Parcell, Korisau Nikorima were all available. Would be nice to sign a long term hooker.

Not surprised there are rumours Mulholland may be moving on, this doesn't sound like something he'd support.