What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan/Widdop/Marshall/Farrah Spine??

Puff2010

Juniors
Ive got very mixed feelings on this rumour. Will he give his all to us as he has with Tigers? Were there issues between him and Benji? What would be the signal we send to our juniors?
Strengthen to squad and add the correct experience in areas we are lacking by all means; but dont lose sight of the future. Don't attempt to buy a premiership - as it rarely works out and causes huge long term damage

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Ive got very mixed feelings on this rumour. Will he give his all to us as he has with Tigers? Were there issues between him and Benji? What would be the signal we send to our juniors?
Strengthen to squad and add the correct experience in areas we are lacking by all means; but dont lose sight of the future. Don't attempt to buy a premiership - as it rarely works out and causes huge long term damage

You are 100% right, as much as we like to joke about it, I don't think you could say any team has gone out and bought a premiership. Roosters, Manly, Broncos, yeah sure they may have had a few outsiders, but the core group were juniors or players brought to the club at a very young age.

Even Storm and Bulldogs when caught cheating, in reality they were not poaching top players from other clubs, rather overpaying their own juniors to stay put. Still cheating, but not as bad in my books as blatantly stealing established stars from other clubs.

Saintjim

Juniors
I think we would be best of not signing Farah and saveing money for when elgey comes of contract that way there is a plan to replace marshal when he is done

V

Vasilevsky

I think we would be best of not signing Farah and saveing money for when elgey comes of contract that way there is a plan to replace marshal when he is done

Elgey will command huge money but Benji and Farah are good for a few years yet.

Redvpassion

Juniors

Don't forget too, the new tv deal is only couple years away. You see now most of the contracts offered are 1 to 2 yrs.

V

Vasilevsky

So what's going on? Are the Dragons going to sign that homie? Are the Tigers holding out for the Dragons to pay more of his salary for the next 2 years?

nrlnrl

First Grade
So what's going on? Are the Dragons going to sign that homie? Are the Tigers holding out for the Dragons to pay more of his salary for the next 2 years?

if you're referring to Robbie Farah, no he's staying at the Wests Tigers.

possm

Coach
if you're referring to Robbie Farah, no he's staying at the Wests Tigers.

Has there been an announcement? If so, could you paste the link as I have not seen anything official from the Tigers or the Dragons as yet. All I?ve seen is statements from the Tigers that they don't want Farrah and from Farrah saying he is considering his future.

The Nick

Bench
There's still a few things to be clarified first before any potential movements can be discussed:

If Robbie chooses to stay;

- Can the Wests Tigers afford his salary under their 2nd tier salary cap? Probably not...
- The Wests Tigers are now an NRL controlled club thanks to their financial situation. From a business point of view, how does the NRL feel about Wests Tigers refusing to play their marquee player? I think they would have something to say about that.

Once those questions are answered I think the situation becomes much clearer for Farah and his Manager.

V

Vasilevsky

So what is going on with this homie? Are the Dragons going to get him?

Latest posts