What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dugan

The Doc

Juniors
An interesting scenario. Although at the moment it is purely media speculation, if we get the brothers from manly (i wont even attempt to spell there names) what happens to Dugan?
Has he resigned with us? When does his current deal expire?
Are we looking at tom as a straight replacement?
If so, where does that leave Dufty? I know he is no certainty to be a star but does that mean we wont even give him a run?
And if we do, what if he turns out to be a star? And the brothers have committed to big dollar contracts?
All speculation and rumour i know, but in the case it does eventuate what happens then?
Reports are suggesting 1.2 million for tom, and 800k for jake... which i dont for a second believe is even close!!!
Frizzell is on no where near that money and he is a better player then jake.
Tom would be an excellent buy, long term would look good for us if we lock in Leilua and with host and frizz still young, and milne and mann still young... things would start looking good future wise for us.
Anyone know Dugans contract status at the moment?

The Doc

Juniors
Dugan is signed until 2017

I doubt the validity of the speculation TBH.
I doubt it also... hence me stating i know its pure speculation.
But... the desperate state our club is in, i wouldnt be surprised.
Just had me curious if it does actually eventuate... it would be an interesting scenario.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I doubt it also... hence me stating i know its pure speculation.
But... the desperate state our club is in, i wouldnt be surprised.
Just had me curious if it does actually eventuate... it would be an interesting scenario.

There is a very strong rumour we will/have signed Nene McDonald, so IF we sign the TXXXXXX boys then that would spell disaster for our young forwards as well, with the pressure to play then due to the $$$ spent.

You would assume that TT would play fullback, Dugan move to the centres, McDonald on 1 wing and maybe Dufty on the other with Milne the other centre. Aitken would have to move to lock. Mann to 5/8 with Widdop as half. But nothing will happen until 2018 in any case.

With 75% of our squad coming off contract at the end of 2017 the wheat will definitely have to be sorted from the chaff

mobels

Juniors
If the Turbos where to be signed I think that'll spell the end of Dugan in the Red V unless he takes a major pay cut.

Can't see us willing to persist with Dugan at any other position at such a high cost. Will be interesting next season to see if we will be chasing a ball playing fullback.

Bench
If we want to even consider signings for 2018 we need to finish in the top eight next year at least, not feeling confident of that at this time

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As far as Dugan is concerned, 2017 has to be his year to show he's worth the $$$, wether that be at fullback or centre.
The Dragons would then have to decide at some point in 2017 if another contract would be offered (remember the new salary cap will take effect in 2018) and at what price.
I don't have an issue with his $$$ as long as he's delivering, because there's no guarantee if we sign TTurbo he will deliver for 1.2m as quoted and then Dugan would seem a bargain at 800.
Personally, I think Dugan is playing frustrated behind our halves at the moment. I would move Mann to 5/8 and this would add some much needed speed and direction, then I think Dugan will show he's true $$$ value. Also, I would look to hand him the armband as I think he would relish the responsibility, whereas Widdop has it as a weight on his shoulders.

giboz71

First Grade
Tommy turbo is one of the hottest talents in the comp. The only way he comes here is if a broom gets swept through the place, and/or the money is just too much to turn down. No one has covered themselves in glory by joining the Dragons, its a career killer coming here at the moment. Ask Widdop, Benji and Lafai.

Remember Dugan was the one of the hottest fullbacks around when we signed him. Since he's joined us, he's gotten bigger, slower and somehow has forgot how to pass like he did at the Raiders.

Hardly a ringing endorsement to take your game to the next level by coming here.

Old Timer

Coach
Tommy turbo is one of the hottest talents in the comp. The only way he comes here is if a broom gets swept through the place, and/or the money is just too much to turn down. No one has covered themselves in glory by joining the Dragons, its a career killer coming here at the moment. Ask Widdop, Benji and Lafai.

Remember Dugan was the one of the hottest fullbacks around when we signed him. Since he's joined us, he's gotten bigger, slower and somehow has forgot how to pass like he did at the Raiders.

Hardly a ringing endorsement to take your game to the next level by coming here.

In fairness Benji and Lafai were both shit before they came to us but yes we did destroy Widdop.

Dugan is a conundrum and I still believe he is our best FB option at this time and with better halves he would find a lot more to offer.

Outlaw Pete

Juniors
How any clear thinking person would believe the 2 Manly brothers would come to StG is off the planet.
They are Manly pedergry and until injury or age dims their ability they will remain at Manly.
Who we get ? Who knows.
Clearly need 1/2 and #9.

Old Timer

Coach
Dugan is incredibly tough and if they ever bring back Australian Gladiator he would be shit tins better than Sparkles Mc Gaw (The Hammer)

GeeJay 2

Juniors
I would be surprised to see the Trbojevic family move. John & Mel the boy's parents run the junior league there with both on the committee and Mel running the canteen. They have two younger boys (twins) coming through too. We have travelled to football carnivals with them. Very Manly orientated people who to me seem very locally loyal. Who knows.

But 1.2mio & 800k ...... Shhhhsss. Big money.

Having said that - being at the game and watching the immediate difference the duges makes to our team was great.

dragoncountry

Juniors
I don't care much for the speculation for brothers T. That's all it is to bump up there asking price at manly.
lets develop our own. I'm actually thinking Dugan would be better on the wing, he still gets to run the ball back like he does at FB. doesn't need to pass out there ( unless to row B ) a great finisher and great defender, always runs from dummy half anyway.
at the back he just lacks that passing to finishing anything off....

Latest posts