What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dumb quotes: Warriors management edition

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Thought it'd be good to have a thread where we can vent over the stupid corporate speak and general rubbish that our management (coach, CEO, owner etc) talk.

This week's edition: Cameron George on Dylan Walker

“I said to him: ‘Why do you want to come to the Warriors?’ It’s a really important question for us all to understand. He said ‘because I want to win a premiership’

“When someone like that says they want to come there because they believe we can win one, it’s really a great thing to take away and start putting together a proposal for him to think about.”

Do they think we're all stupid? Heard the same thing last week from Mark Robinson about Shaun Johnson:

"Me and Shaun have had our differences, but I played golf with him one day and I asked him what he could bring to my club, because I never thought Shaun would ever be back at my club," Robinson explains

"I said, 'Tell me what you're going to bring' and he said 'I'm going to bring experience, not raw talent anymore, I'm going to bring experience to take the team around the paddock... I really want to finish on a high and win a Grand Final with the Warriors', and that was good enough for me."

Note the 'my club' as well, x2.

Rich102

Staff member
Probably the same thing Brown said to Robinson. Some people are gullible.

JJ

Immortal
I like the “my club”, technically correct I guess, but grates on me, a lot…. Plenty of other words he could have used

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bit of an old topic revival here, but heard this from Cam George on SENZ this morning.

“I’m telling you this club is going to keep going and going and we will win premierships and they will be constant”

Takes me back to when they signed Webster. “He is leaving a good club like Penrith and joining a great one”

Latest posts