What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dureau's Newcastle ambition on the table as negotiations loom

macavity

Referee
I'm asking how much of the losses of guys like Mason, Tupou, Inglis, and Snowden (guys who didn't look like first graders and three of whom had reputations for being poor trainers) had to do with us not having adequate training technique in place to get the players into the shape they needed to be in.

Hardly fair - Melbourne snaffled him at 14, he never came close to our system.

I will give you the other three - the loss of Snowy was a particularly ridiculous disgrace.

B-dos

Referee
It is nothing to do with salary cap. It is more about admitting we can't get a top half here and settling for what we have.

absolutely 100% spot on

this is nothing more than a case of taking the last resort option because the club is so unappealing to any of the top flight players, we arent even confident of luring someone like brett finch when we can pay him overs.

we have a coach no one knows and apart from the masterstroke reasoning "all the boys like him", offers nothing to inspire great players with his zero credentials

until we see some pretty radical changes i see the club left to rot at the bottom of the table as the club no one wants to go to, much like souths a few years ago

Nuffy

Bench
I'm wondering whether we need to use the Wicks / Houston money to pay out Stone's modest contract and look to change coaches ASAP.

To the points made above, I wonder if our recruitment is hindered by a no name coach.

If thats realistically the case, then the club needs to move quickly, the players are regressing and our attractiveness is diminishing fast.

I say, cut Stone, recruit Kearney from Melbourne, he's from a strong culture, has a profile from the rep scene and has a personal relationship with some of the most sort after players coming off contract.

Also I think about recruiting Steve Folkes or Billy Johnson as head conditioner to change the work ethic and hopefully the mental toughness of the club.

Its worth noting that this time last year we were top 4 and in 2010 we are bottom 4, the only substantive changes have been in the coaching department, that has to be illustrative.

Chief

Juniors
I say, cut Stone, recruit Kearney from Melbourne

Also I think about recruiting Steve Folkes

Both Kearney and Folkes applied for the position last year. Why would they want anything to do with the club now?

Stone is a symptom of a much larger issue. An issue we all seem to be ignoring. The club is run by fools. Has been for a long time. And I doubt we are going to see another player with the brilliance of Johns to make up for the fools.

Johns Magic

Referee
Stone is a symptom of a much larger issue. An issue we all seem to be ignoring. The club is run by fools. Has been for a long time. And I doubt we are going to see another player with the brilliance of Johns to make up for the fools.

Not sure what forum you've been reading...

perverse

Referee
Not sure what forum you've been reading...
lol, this.

i've joined macavity as far as our administration goes - i think burraston himself is definitely the goods. very smart bloke. a keeper. i'm not sure i can vouch for the board or any of the other clowns he's surrounded by, though.

i think if burraston is given adequate financial resources, i honestly believe he can bring us around. whilst ever he's hamstrung by absurdly tight budgets and a skeleton staff, he will struggle as anyone else would.

Latest posts