What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dylan Brown is overrated

eels_fan

First Grade
All I'm saying is that there at far greater issues at play that DB atm
There is, but he is one of the key problems. We are essential playing with one half on the field for 70% of games when Dyl is walking around with his head up his ass. If we have a 80-90% switched on Dylan we win last night and last week as he would have provided something aside one a single, brilliant, run.
He scored a great try and got up with no excitement, no big smile. He literally scored a try to level the scores and didn’t seem like he cared

hindy111

Post Whore
The problem with Dylan is he has average strike players outside him. Imagine having Kikau,Crighton,JAC. AND Dylan's running at you. The defense wouldn't know what to do.
Instead he has Russel,Talagi and Kelma. Tbf Kelmas looking ok but defense are worried about them so they focus on Dylan.
On top of that our old slow forwards ar getting slow play the balls so the defense is always set inside the red zone. By time Dylan gets the ball Everyman is marked. His only option is stepping back in and running himself. If he passes it ruins the next play as you are to far wide to do anything.

yy_cheng

Coach
The problem with Dylan is he has average strike players outside him. Imagine having Kikau,Crighton,JAC. AND Dylan's running at you. The defense wouldn't know what to do.
Instead he has Russel,Talagi and Kelma. Tbf Kelmas looking ok but defense are worried about them so they focus on Dylan.
On top of that our old slow forwards ar getting slow play the balls so the defense is always set inside the red zone. By time Dylan gets the ball Everyman is marked. His only option is stepping back in and running himself. If he passes it ruins the next play as you are to far wide to do anything.
And why he should be fullback

Switch he and guth

Eelementary

Post Whore
AS it stands we're the worst defensive side in the comp and we have a thread bagging our best defensive player.....

To be fair, though - the criticisms are levelled at him because he's a playmaker, who isn't making plays on a consistent basis.

I still think his halves partner is worse - on more money, has more experience, and goes missing way more often.

Pazza

First Grade
To be fair, though - the criticisms are levelled at him because he's a playmaker, who isn't making plays on a consistent basis.

I still think his halves partner is worse - on more money, has more experience, and goes missing way more often.

for me its hard to perform when the team as a whole has so many issues. we saw verse the sharks if you can get brown and moses a good foundation they can dominate. if youre going to leak 30 points, 7- 9 line breaks and 15 errors a game..... its pushing shit up a hill

Eelementary

Post Whore
for me its hard to perform when the team as a whole has so many issues. we saw verse the sharks if you can get brown and moses a good foundation they can dominate. if youre going to leak 30 points, 7- 9 line breaks and 15 errors a game..... its pushing shit up a hill

I don't disagree.

My idea of moving him to the centres is just to take the playmaking burden away from him - let him focus just on tackling, and running.

hindy111

Post Whore
Since 1908 it has been a truism that "games are won on defence".
Can't really fault either Brown or Moses in that area.

Agree. Our defense is woefull.when we turn the ball over inside the opponents 10mtrs we let them out to easily. We need to be brutal and bash sides when in these situations and keep the momentum. I reckon it is our biggest weakness along with kick chase.

T-Boon

Coach
AS it stands we're the worst defensive side in the comp and we have a thread bagging our best defensive player.....
Nobody really actually cares about defense from an overall entertainment perspective - although you do want your team to have a great defense.

Latest posts