What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EA Sports.

With the previous rugby league games being absolute letdowns. Why don't the NRL have EA Sports make a game for us? I mean, they are free to sign a contract since Tru Blu's ended in 2010. EA Sports made a game in 1995 called Australian Rugby League, so why not make one now?

perverse

Referee
because the market for Rugby League games is too small - the margins not great enough - and the risk too high, for EA to give a shit about it.

EA honestly don't want a bar of it. we would probably have to pay them to make it... and even then the interest would probably be low.

legend

Coach
Too small a market for a company like EA to invest time and money into a product they will never make a profit from.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
nothing beats the realism & "like you're at the game" feeling of ET's rugby league..

ngqdkg.jpg

get amongst it

Juniors
Yeah it would be awesome if EA did a rugby league game, wont happen though :( not unless the game gets popular worldwide, dont see that happening anytime soon though:(

Western Saint

First Grade
I thinjk RL live grew on me after a while, the only thing wrong with it is they wanted 100 bucks, like it was up to ea quality lol

perverse

Referee
Rugby League 3 is playable and enjoyable... it's a shame it is on the Wii and the Wii alone. it's not EA quality, but it hasn't had countless millions poured into its' ongoing development, either.

the fact is, if people don't buy the Rugby League games that are currently released, which it seems they don't, then no company is ever going to do a good job of it in the future. i've read of people boycotting these games and whatnot because of their poor quality. well, simply put, you are killing any chance you ever had of getting a good one made. personally, i support Sidhe and the work they've done on the franchise over the past few years, both financially by purchasing the League games they've made... and vocally in support of them on this forum and other mediums. without that support, then there won't be more League games, period... not just from EA, but from anyone.

jonno_knights

Juniors
Obviously never played EA's versions of Rubgy and Cricket. Havent played them since about 2005, but they were shithouse and way behind any of the American sports, a RL would be no different.

And even EA's games like NBA Live/Elite have gone down the shithouse. Madden would follow suit if EA didnt have NFL exclusivity rights, and 2kSports could make their own version.

EA only put effort into the games they have been developing for years, have a big market, and have competition for, Madden, FIFA, NHL and that. They wouldnt give two shits about a game they could sell in Australia, NZ and half of England.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Rugby League 2 on PC is the best game for League. Its good because you can modify most parts of it.

Years ago when I played, I ended up having a 32 team competition. Created some stadiums (sorta), etc etc. Was entertaining.

perverse

Referee
Rugby League 2 on PC is the best game for League. Its good because you can modify most parts of it.

Years ago when I played, I ended up having a 32 team competition. Created some stadiums (sorta), etc etc. Was entertaining.
yeah, i've completed many franchises in RL2 on PC. it's good stuff... very addictive.

and jonno mentioend somethign interesting too. f**k EA to begin with - 2k make much better sports games these days.

aqua_duck

Coach
Obviously never played EA's versions of Rubgy and Cricket. Havent played them since about 2005, but they were shithouse and way behind any of the American sports, a RL would be no different.

And even EA's games like NBA Live/Elite have gone down the shithouse. Madden would follow suit if EA didnt have NFL exclusivity rights, and 2kSports could make their own version.

EA only put effort into the games they have been developing for years, have a big market, and have competition for, Madden, FIFA, NHL and that. They wouldnt give two shits about a game they could sell in Australia, NZ and half of England.

EA sports rugby was a pretty good game IMO, alot better than any of the rugby league games IMO.
What I hate about all the rugby league games is the passing is absolutely hopeless. Considering the last rugby game was from about 5 years ago and was on PS2 it wasn't a bad game

Rugby League 3 is playable and enjoyable... it's a shame it is on the Wii and the Wii alone. it's not EA quality, but it hasn't had countless millions poured into its' ongoing development, either.

the fact is, if people don't buy the Rugby League games that are currently released, which it seems they don't, then no company is ever going to do a good job of it in the future. i've read of people boycotting these games and whatnot because of their poor quality. well, simply put, you are killing any chance you ever had of getting a good one made. personally, i support Sidhe and the work they've done on the franchise over the past few years, both financially by purchasing the League games they've made... and vocally in support of them on this forum and other mediums. without that support, then there won't be more League games, period... not just from EA, but from anyone.

You will get the most exposure if you have the EA name anywhere there, but the quality will be garbage and more 'pick up and play' type games. They rule the roost in sports games because of offical name licensing.

We need someone like Rusty or a rich dude to invest in a solid RL game that is beastly and at the same time be able to market it around the world.