What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Each clubs most famous supporter

horrie hastings

First Grade
He used to stand on a milkcrate trying to peer over the fence in the northwest corner. The upgrades stopped that.

He is definitely banned from the ground.

That was in the north west corner where he was trying to climb the fence. That was the first time i had ever been to Kogarah Jubilee Oval.

Last edited:
My first seven. almost eight years i grew up in Paddington, just metres from the Sports Ground so guess i was always going to be a Roosters supporter.
Grew up in the Shire but said hello in a chance encounter with Ron Coote. He asked who I went for, I lied and said Easts. Then 74-75 happened. You don’t pick your footy club. Your footy club picks you.

RedVee

First Grade
Saints.
John Howard, John Hewson, Bryan Brown, at one time I was told Greg Norman but he probably switched when the Broncos came in, Kerry O’Keefe, and that tennis bloke, Lara Pitt.

I would claim Sir Jack Brabham and Ken Rosewall because they came from or spent considerable time in the area… but in truth I have no idea.

Costa Georgiadis the host of Gardening Australia is a Roosters fan- North Bondi born and bred and a Chooks junior in his younger days of course

horrie hastings

First Grade
Nick Politis and Phil Gould should not be on this list, nor should Danny Wiedler they are only famous due to rugby league, its like saying anthony minicello, brad fittler and luke ricketson are big fans of the chooks

That list was from the Chookpen back in 2009 and there are a few blow in supporters on that list or ones i think you could say were a stretch claiming them as an Easts supporter.

Of that list i had seen Tim Webster, Steve Liebman, Scott Cam, Mark Bouris and Casey Donovan often at the games, Gus Worland is a good fan too, have seen Amanda Keller there also but looked more like she was their for free drinks and not the football . Used to love seeing Steve Liebman at the game, he always seemed happy being there with his furnace of coffee or soup and liked chatting with people.
Brett Papworth was on the list but he did also play for the Roosters.

wazdog

Juniors
Excluding people that Rusty gives merch to (which is great to promote the game), we've still got a pretty formidable list:

1. Russell Crowe
  2. Rodger Corser
  3. RZA (Wu Tang)
  4. The Kid Laroi
  5. Phil Jamison (Grinspoon)
  6. DMAs
  7. David Le’aupepe (Gang of Youths)
  8. Troy Casser-Daley
  9. Mike Cannon-Brookes
  10. Anthony Albanese
  11. David Hurley (Governor General)
  12. Christina Kenealley
  13. Nick Greiner
  14. Ray Martin
  15. Andrew Denton
  16. Mikey Robbins
  17. Adam Hills
  18. Manu Feildel
  19. Mike Whitney
  20. Michael Cheika
  21. Rob Whittaker
  22. Tim Tsyzu
  23. Ryan Harris
  24. Cathy Freeman
  25. Don Lane

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That was in the north west corner where he was trying to climb the fence. That was the first time i had ever been to Kogarah Jubilee Oval.
Some years ago he gate-crashed a supporter's bbq and proceeded to bludge food and beer. No one really wanted to talk to him, and he was left sitting on his own. I referred to him at the time as a harmless old character, which imo is probably the biggest insult, and one he deserves.
Some light reading: https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/round-1-2009-bluebags-v-titans.317620/#post-5497765

RedVee

First Grade
Saints.
John Howard, John Hewson, Bryan Brown, at one time I was told Greg Norman but he probably switched when the Broncos came in, Kerry O’Keefe, and that tennis bloke, Lara Pitt.

I would claim Sir Jack Brabham and Ken Rosewall because they came from or spent considerable time in the area… but in truth I have no idea.
Oops, forgot Mark Taylor. Test cricket Captain

Used to see that individual outside the ground when the Chooks would play at Kogarah as he was banned. So he's allowed back in?? - I thought he was banned for life.
He wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on the Eastern/Russian Front against what the poison dwarf described as the so called inferior masses from the East.

Oh yes the Superior Ayrian Reich to last 1000 years - mmm 12 years- Defeat at Stalingrad the beginning of the end

Soviet Victory over Germany -Raising the Hammer and Sickle over the Reichstag in Berlin (left) - Next Stop Siberia for these German POW's (Right)

View attachment 56598 View attachment 56599

The life ban is a myth from loser St George supporters who try to talk up their as hero being a bigger Billy Bad Ass than he actually is.

Generalzod

Immortal
Nick Politis and Phil Gould should not be on this list, nor should Danny Wiedler they are only famous due to rugby league, its like saying anthony minicello, brad fittler and luke ricketson are big fans of the chooks
The son of ourjailer needs to taken of this list as well.

Latest posts