What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early 2013 team prediction

tangalife

Juniors
I dont see them switching Manu to the forwards until they having a good combination of wings going (i.e someone who is up to it more than Manu, which is no one at this stage).

Manu is practically a forward playing on the wing at the moment anyway.

Ropati to wing?

1. Locke
2. Ropati
3. Hurrell
4. Nielsen
5. Manu
6. Leuluai
7. Johnson
8. Matulino
9. Friend
10. Packer
11. Mannering
12. Mateo
13. Lowrie

14. Sam Rapira
15. Lillyman
16. Taylor/Lousi/Ikahahifo/Henry
17. Steve Rapira/Sam Lousi

Fish and Tuimavavavavave will see adequate game time due to near-gauaranteed injuries.

Carlos is looking good, he will be putting his hand up next year. 2014 should see him move in full time.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Lowrie is another Mannering....needs to come off bench and nothing more.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Lowrie isn't even in the same class system as Mannering, I know you are trying to say that are both workhorses or something but I'm insulted you used both their names in a sentence.

JoeD

First Grade
Slimy is off to jap tugby apparently so we won't have to worry about him next year.

hitman82

Bench
In other news, every Storm player has activated their get-out clause and followed Craig Bellamy to New Zealand.

Sweet.

hitman82

Bench
You know, if we poach Bellamy, Cronk and Bellamy's support staff - we kill the Storm AND prop ourselves up in one move. That would be beautiful.

Abdullah

Juniors
If Bellyache comes with support staff to properly coach the warrior team...and the buying of 3 players for wing, centre and lock including good kicker...I am saying right now warrior will win comp. If not then all will turn into cow dropping.

Aragorn

First Grade
For next season, we need 2 wingers, 1 more center and a #7.

Manu can sit on the bench as an impact player in the forwards.

Tupou,Hurrell and Johnson should sit in the Vulcans and make cameo appearances only when we have injuries.

Too many kids and under-performing has-beens in our team. We need to fix that for 2013.

And i forgot about Ropati - he can go injure himself in the Vulcans as well.

Aragorn

First Grade
So, 2012 is farked. May as well get some early predictions in and see if we get near the mark. Pointless exercise, but so is watching the remainder of our games - and I will still do that :lol:

1 Locke
2 Nielsen (teaching Hurrell how to defend)
3 Hurrell
4 Ropati (I expect him to be fit, and we need his experience. Hate if you want - I don't care )
5 Vatuvei / our best young winger / new winger. SRSLY, just sign one damn it!!!
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Package
9 Friend
10 Matulino
11 Mannering
12 Martel
13 Lowrie

14 Tuimavavae (to come on for Leuluai or Friend or Ropati when he breaks - roving playmaker type role - hell, he could even come on in the second row... he's big enough)
15 Rapira
16 Lillyman
17 Vatuvei (our new impact forward) / Lousi / Ikahihifo / Benry

...however, this will change. I am certain we will sign at least 1 more experienced player, and we may well release 1 or 2...

FMD thats a wooden spoon backline right there. :crazy:

Iafeta

Referee
1 Locke
2 Fisiiahi -Tupou can't defend either, at least Fisiiahi has pace
3 Neilsen
4 Hurrell
5 Vatuvei
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Matulino
9 Friend
10 Packer
11 Mannering (c)
12 Mateo
13 Lowrie

Ropati
Taylor
Lillyman
Sam Rapira

ozbash

Referee
Would you have Neilsen in the run on side ?
Assuming TL is halves bound ( we need a hooker), would he go to 6 or 7 ?
SJ looks to be very bulky and may be better suited at 6 ( Benji) ?

Was noises made about Locke in the halves for next season..

I thought Freind only signed for a year ?

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
The team I would like to see is;

1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi (although I have every reason to believe it will be Tupou)
3- Nielsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Friend
10- Packer
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Lowrie

Res- Lillyman, Sam Rapira, Sam Lousi, Sione Lousi/Sam Rapira

jaseg

Juniors
Friend was signed on a 2 year contract, with an option for a third (I think in the club's favour but not sure?).

Would still like to see 3 signings - David Williams, Michael Crocker, and a coach with the brains to identify and balls to drop underperforming players (and instill some pride in the defence).

Locke
Williams
Hurrell
Nielsen
Vatuvei
Leuluai
Johnson
Matulino
Friend
Packer
Mannering
Lowrie
Crocker

Taylor
Mateo
Sam Rapira
Sione Lousi

Godinet to actually be considered a real option to replace Johnson (or Leuluai) if he isn't applying himself enough in all aspects on and off the field. Fish / Ropati / Mara / Steve Rapira / Sam Lousi / Ikahihifo / Henry / Tuimavave as the other top tier backups. Bill Tupou to spend the season in the Vulcans, hopefully learning not to come off his wing. Palavi & Taukeiaho to spend the season hardening up in the Vulcans and/or loaned to Wigan at some point in the season (if we have an agreement, may as well use it - so long as they get game time against men). Lillyman I don't know what to do with... he can be so good, but needs to find top gear again. I rate him as our 5th best prop now, but find it hard to Vulcanize him or find a spot for him in the 17.

hitman82

Bench
I have a feeling Thomas Leuluai will get a lot of gametime at hooker next season - based on Nathan Friend's propensity for injury.

The possibilities are wild;

Locke 1, 6(?)
Fish 1, 2
Carlos 1, 3, 6, 11(?)
Johnson 6, 7
Leuluai 6, 7, 9, 14
Friend 9
Mara 9
Godinet 6, 7, 9
Martel 6, 11, 13

...and according to baseless rumours, we could still end up with Cronk. Hahaha.

vvvrulz

Coach
I have a feeling Thomas Leuluai will get a lot of gametime at hooker next season - based on Nathan Friend's propensity for injury.

Who needs him at hooker when we have Mara?

However I do like the idea of Martel at #6, although this will mean that Johnson will bear the full brunt of our kicking game.

hitman82

Bench
The team I would like to see is;

1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi (although I have every reason to believe it will be Tupou)
3- Nielsen
4- Hurrell
5- Vatuvei
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Friend
10- Packer
11- Mateo
12- Mannering
13- Lowrie

Res- Lillyman, Sam Rapira, Sam Lousi, Sione Lousi/Sam Rapira

I'm pretty sure Carlos will feature in the top 17 somewhere.
Looking at your team, I'd slot him in the centres beside Manu, and chuck Hurrell or Nielsen on the wing for Fish.
I still wonder if Carlos could be developed into a ball-playing second rower, too.

hitman82

Bench
Who needs him at hooker when we have Mara?

However I do like the idea of Martel at #6, although this will mean that Johnson will bear the full brunt of our kicking game.

Funnily enough, if you like Martel at 6, TL becomes even more valuable at 9.

6 Martel
7 Johnson
9 Leuluai

Leuluai has a very good kicking game.