What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth Hour - 7:30pm Sydney

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I was quite happy not to participate in the farce. I was responsible for calling the Souths-Cronulla game for LU anyway, I wasn't going to waste my time with some ill-researched media driven crap hour that was half-assed done anyway. The Tele's squash article in return yesterday hit the nail on the head, labelling it a failure... which it was.

My favourite bits about this Earth Hour idiocy were:
- the turning off and on and the emissions that occur alone when the switch is flicked. It may have even been more efficient to leave the light on the whole hour. I suggest maybe next time they make it a few hours or days.
- the amount of people still using computers, TV's etc despite the light being off. :lol:
- the Fairfax factory... the media group supporting the initiative, with the lights on and everybody home, churning out their newspapers at the time.

:lol: @ EH.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
without going into deep and meaningful discussion in the FFB, I'm an engineer and I work in the "greenie" discipline, being renewable energy and water treatment and recycling and similar fields

the effort we go to to make renewable energy possible may not be required if we didn't use up so much energy

I see so much waste everyday, nothing surprises me anymore

Bazal

Post Whore
And that is a completely understandable point of view Twizz. If only renewable energy could produce the energy of a coal powerplant, we'd all probably be a lot happier. Whether or not I believe in the global warming fiasco, the fact is coal fired plants and petrol powered cars pollute the air, the soil and the water and anything that can alleviate that is a huge plus. That's why Howards move for nuclear power is such a good one for the time being...

Hallatia

Referee
I was concerned that this thread was starting to become one with intelligent discussion
thankyou for tending to my concerns Scillaci

[furrycat]

Coach
Coleman said:
Wouldn't the engine use 61456416146 times the amount of power of the headlights?

Er.

How the f**k would the headlights contribute to our greenhouse gas emissions anyway?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Honestly who the f..k cares! If you believe those telegraph idiots then you have rocks in your heads anyway!

Bazal

Post Whore
Thank you, locky-no-one, for that informed and intelligent addition to our thread

Now f**k off :arrow:

Hallatia

Referee
I was the one who started it, because everyone else calls him Locky and I am Locky, so I could not have that:lol:

Bazal

Post Whore
I called him that ages ago...but no one notices cos I generally just refer to him as c*cksnot or something similar :sarcasm:

Hallatia

Referee
well everybody else calls him that because of me
but see we are both such intelligent people to come up with that:D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
[furrycat] said:
Er.

How the f**k would the headlights contribute to our greenhouse gas emissions anyway?

the headlight emissions come out the exhaust pipe

don't you anything about cars

[furrycat]

Coach
Twizzle said:
the headlight emissions come out the exhaust pipe

don't you anything about cars

*farts*
*watches cows fart*

OH NOES :crazy: WE"RE ALL GONNA HEAT UP AND DIE AS METHANE ARE GREENHOUSE EMISSIONS :crazy:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

Post of the year furry.

In all seriousness, the people who troddled down to harbour side locations to watch this... how did thet get there? Cars? :lol: Hmm, let's allow all the exhaust in the air to get to the foreshore... then turn all the cities lights off (which from all reports was a let down and not many did it)... L O f**king L.

Seriously... what the f**k though... and what about all the energy consumption spikes when the lights went back on 30-60 mins later. Most places didn't even do it properly.

And FTR lockynofarkwit, it was Fairfax - SMH/TSH behind it, not the Tele, you dopey farkwit. Stick to not knowing anything in the Cricket forum, kthx.

God-King Dean

Immortal
The most ironic thing...

The people getting high & mighty & turning off all their lights won't do it another night in the year.

Oh, the difference they make...

Knightmare

Coach
Locky_Jr said:
Raider everybody already knows you are an arsehole, you do not need to prove it

You know, I actually agree with R69 on this one. It's all a load of Global Warming oops Climate Change garbage. The only reason I'm pissed at missing Earth Hour is that I forgot to turn all the lights in my flat on as well as the TV and my stereo. I would've stolen a 4WD and driven it around Brisbane too!

Latest posts