What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Earth Hour - 7:30pm Sydney

Bazal

Post Whore
We turned on every light in the house during Earth hour...suck that you greenie geniuss...a laughable idea

Bazal

Post Whore
Dude our f**king power bill is like 900 dollars anyway, won't matter too much...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
looks like you never turn you light off

thats a hefty power bill

Bazal

Post Whore
Well thats for 3 months....in a household of 7...the meth lab is connected to our neighbours power supply :sarcasm:

Hallatia

Referee
I live in a house of 11 and the highest our's gets for 3 months is $300, but it is all electricity

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
to show that we can live without having everything switched on

its about making the effort

Bazal

Post Whore
How about we "make the effort" to discover if global warming is actually real, and if so what can be done in the long term. I for one think global warning is a farce, but even if I;m wrong, wtf is turning off the lights for an hour going to do? Why not spend the effort (and probably money) it cost to do some real research on the subject? FFS we aren't even sure it's occurring, if it is how fast it is occurring, why it's occurring, what the outcomes will be and what we can do to stop it! And the greenies are turning out the lights fot an hour :roll:. Another example of the farce that is the greens....

Hallatia

Referee
it was an alright incentive
and the truth is we coould lie without using so much electricity whether it causes global warming or not
it sh*ts me when lights or appliances are left on for no reason

Bazal

Post Whore
We could, but hey if people want to spend their money on wasted electricity then that's their lookout. What sh*ts me is this constant hype about global warming, a theory based on very little evidence that can and has been successfully challenged with scientific data....yet is still somehow accepted as fact by greenies and those who have been fed one side of the story by either the media or these useless greens...

Martli

Coach
To be honest, I think people are just choosing which side of the argument they want to support to suit their agenda. Hippies chose the global warming theory, anti-hippies go against it. I honestly don't think anyone knows for sure what the f**k is going on...

Bazal

Post Whore
Martli said:
To be honest, I think people are just choosing which side of the argument they want to support to suit their agenda. Hippies chose the global warming theory, anti-hippies go against it. I honestly don't think anyone knows for sure what the f**k is going on...

I agree...the fact is global warming is a valid scientific theory. But too many people take it as fact. We don't know enough about our atmosphere to be able to say that it is or isn't occurring, and we probably won't. We just don't have the technology...

Bazal

Post Whore
Locky_Jr said:
apparently there is no hole in the ozone layer, or so I have been told

That's correct in scientific terms. The hole is a way to get the laypeople with little knowledge of science to understand what is happening. The ozone "hole" is actually just an area of very low ozone concentration. It's not really a hole, you can't have a hole in a gas...it's just an area where a high concentration of CFCs have destroyed a large number of ozone molecules, so the concentration of ozone is much lower.

Latest posts