What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts Tigers and NRL SA

How the koala got there, from the same link

Queensland Rugby’s Iconic Koala was chosen as the Red’s emblem in 1934 as part of a campaign to protect the marsupial from increasingly industrialised poaching. The koala patch was sown onto the maroon jersey.

docbrown

Coach
I was more so talking from a general branding stand point than getting into a pissing contest over Australian animals. A dingo is just an iconic animal that no other major club has really laid a claim to. The AFL would also be mad not to go with the Tassie Devils, even if it ends up being a minor team.

I love that you punch cones and then post on LU.
What part of my post do you not believe?

I contacted Des Morris via email when I ran www.loganscorpions.com to ask him how much the grandstand on the western bank cost to construct. I also asked him if the club planned on changing their Balmain logo to a spotted-tailed quoll as they're also known as "tiger quolls". If you think all of that is imaginary then you're an even bigger dickhead than I previously thought.

Last edited:

wain

Juniors
Animals and military seem to be the 'go-to' for logos. Im all for Aussie versions as mentioned above too.
Dingoes sounds great.
Being an Adelaide boy personally, Ive always loved the idea of an Adelaide team being called the Lighthorsemen (Aussie version of Cavalry with a rich history in SA), but can understand not everyone might be a fan of military logos in our current society.

decProduct43876__20404.1668697995.jpg

Canard

Immortal
What part of my post do you not believe?

I contacted Des Morris via email when I ran www.loganscorpions.com to ask him how much the grandstand on the western bank cost to construct. I also asked him if the club planned on changing their Balmain logo to a spotted-tailed quoll as they're also know as tiger quolls. If you think all of that is imaginary then you're an even bigger dickhead than I previously thought.

I don't believe that any of what you have stated is imaginary

Travitoh

First Grade
Adelaide Reds - we'd wear mostly red and it's a nod to our wine industry.

I like Adelaide Kaurna as i feel it represents modern Adelaide and the first nations people that came before it.

Colk

First Grade
Adelaide Reds - we'd wear mostly red and it's a nod to our wine industry.

I like Adelaide Kaurna as i feel it represents modern Adelaide and the first nations people that came before it.

The Reds would be great for Adelaide, even the Kangaroo logo for the links to Kangaroo island. Obviously the problem though is the Western Reds link and I don’t see how you would get around it

Travitoh

First Grade
The Reds would be great for Adelaide, even the Kangaroo logo for the links to Kangaroo island. Obviously the problem though is the Western Reds link and I don’t see how you would get around it

Are the Western Reds even a thing anymore? They existed 25 years ago and hardly anyone in this city would even have any idea that they existed in the first place.
I feel Adelaide United would be a bigger hurdle.