What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Easts Tigers Enter Expansion Race

blue bags

First Grade
Ross "Skull" May could be their number one ticket holder.

I'm sure the Dragons wouldn't mind, they'd probably love to be completely rid of him.

I wonder if Skull is still alive.
i saw him the city about 12 years ago , do i need to post a link ? he was ok i spoke to him

Perth Red

Post Whore
So, orange & yellow confirmed as colours?

Hmm.. wonder if the rumoured blue will be in the mix as well...

[Edit] ahh.. blue IS there as background colour.. a nice royal blue-ish shade too.. yeah, I like the combination. Next question is how will they combine this into a nice jersey.

wouldn’t be an nrl club without blue in it lol

mongoose

Coach
Does Brisbane have hawks? actual serious question cause a hawk or some kind of bird of prey flew into my backyard right at the start of the covid period. I back onto a creek and a bit of bushland. It sat on the fence for a short while then flew off.

T-Boon

Coach
Does Brisbane have hawks? actual serious question cause a hawk or some kind of bird of prey flew into my backyard right at the start of the covid period. I back onto a creek and a bit of bushland. It sat on the fence for a short while then flew off.

I'd bet it was a kestrel which is a falcon. I think the fire hawk birds were kites and falcons.

T-Boon

Coach
I like the firehawk emblem colors but I think it will clash with the inevitable massive NEDs ad which is also orange.

The Great Dane

First Grade
In short, yes Brisbane has raptors, and almost certainly has hawk species as well.
Hawks (and other raptors) are ubiquitous across Australia and everywhere else in the world except Antarctica.

As T-Boon was alluding too the only species that have been reported to display "firehawk" behaviour are the Black Kite, Whistling Kite, and Brown Falcon, in other words none of the firehawk species are actually hawks.

All three species are found across Australia, PNG, and some other islands in the Pacific, though the Black Kite's range extends across Asia and Africa as well (though it's never been reported firehawking outside of Australia). All of them are also found in SEQ, so there's a chance that the raptor you saw was one of them.

T-Boon

Coach
I am down with Firehawks as the name. It has Aboriginal origin, sounds like some sort of military helicopter and fits with our love of fireman. Lets lock it in.

blue bags

First Grade
I agree. No point being a bird if you don’t have the wings in the emblem. Wings are what make birds great.
its just a face, with flames, its to americanised in a way
use a full size hawk, with big wings, feathers, talons, beak. beady eyes,
hawks are one of the best hunters in nature, use your imagination
needs to appeal to sponsors and children

Latest posts