What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edwards or DWZ for fullback next year

Dwz or Edwards for full back

• DWZ

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Edwards

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bump - a few different spots have suggested the Raiders are keen on Edwards... the story goes DWZ is the preferred option at fullback, so there could be a move worked out before the 2019 season kick off

Anyone in Panther land heard anything like that?
I'd personally be very stoked to land Dylan Edwards
Wishful thinking from Raiders fans I'd say....and hope

TheFrog

Coach
Bump - a few different spots have suggested the Raiders are keen on Edwards... the story goes DWZ is the preferred option at fullback, so there could be a move worked out before the 2019 season kick off

We've already unloaded Peachey, Merrin, CHN, Crighton, all to be replaced from within. Surely our cap situation isn't that bad that we need to release any more?

nick87

Coach
Im keeping a pretty tight lid on my excitement on that, i dont see any reason to think the panthers are in cap trouble and i see less reasons to think they wouldnt want Dylan Edwards.

mxlegend99

Referee
If DWZ is FB I don't see Edwards being kept. Cap wise better off getting a cheap winger. I don't know how DWZ could be preferred so soon given he was away with NZ. Maybe a mid season move but too soon atm
I honestly think the loser of this could easily be persuaded to leave for fullback elsewhere.

But I dont see any advantage to us releasing either of them. Unless we get someone else for our top 17. Raiders wouldnt release anyone we need.

betcats

Referee
Ugh... FINE

Edwards for Havilii it is. Just do it now before i change my mind
You drive a f**king hard bargin, Betcats.

Hahaha, do you still have the English one? We'll also take Cotric if the English bloke isn't available.

betcats

Referee
If DWZ is FB I don't see Edwards being kept. Cap wise better off getting a cheap winger. I don't know how DWZ could be preferred so soon given he was away with NZ. Maybe a mid season move but too soon atm

He finished last season playing Fb, why couldn’t he start this season as fb? Cleary used to talk him up when he was here the first time, he brought him into grade at 18, plus he just captained NZ playing fb. He could easily be the preferred option.

nick87

Coach
Wouldn't you guys want Cotric at FB?

Tough spot.
He’s played there a lot as a junior and was great but in limited time there last year he was very raw as a ball player and got gassed with the workload
I think that’s all correctable and if we don’t land a Edwards type I’d be very keen to just go through the growing pains of Cotric at fullback... he’s also said publicly he’s happy being a winger which helps

But if we could get someone like Edwards, and he’s happy on the wing. Then I’d do that for sure

nick87

Coach
Hahaha, do you still have the English one? We'll also take Cotric if the English bloke isn't available.
We do in fact have the English one. He’s got 3 English mates now in the pack to keep him company... but he’s overrated ;-) ... he’s not the hooker your looking for...
trust me, a Havilii for Edwards deal is gonna work

Tough spot.
He’s played there a lot as a junior and was great but in limited time there last year he was very raw as a ball player and got gassed with the workload
I think that’s all correctable and if we don’t land a Edwards type I’d be very keen to just go through the growing pains of Cotric at fullback... he’s also said publicly he’s happy being a winger which helps

But if we could get someone like Edwards, and he’s happy on the wing. Then I’d do that for sure
You just f**k off and be happy with your upcoming back to back Super bowl wins

betcats

Referee
We do in fact have the English one. He’s got 3 English mates now in the pack to keep him ... but he’s overrated ;-) ... he’s not the hooker your looking for...
trust me, a Havilii for Edwards deal is gonna work

Where’s cotric going end up? Centre?

Matthew Ellis

Juniors

Doubt it Edwards suits the game plan Ivan likes to play more than DWZ. He makes less errors. Also this would be a smart decision from Ricky and he doesn't make many of them.

But Edwards had the highest rate of support plays before his injury. He was miles ahead of Teddy. He suits any team that likes to offload. He'd be massive the the Raiders but again I highly doubt it. If anything we'd probably lose DWZ before Edwards.

nick87

Coach
Also this would be a smart decision from Ricky and he doesn't make many of them.

This remains the strongest possible argument against these rumour having any legs.
FWIW, i'd take Edwards, DWZ, Blake, Tyrone May, Jarome Luai... any of them would walk into our team and we re-arrange from there. Edwards to fullback and Wighton to 5/8th or May to 5/8th and keep Wighton at fullback would be my priorities... Haha.

I expect none of this to happen, and im not seeing a lot here or from some (admittedly VERY old sources in the Riff, my old stomping grounds) to suggest there is any noise beyond hopes and dreams down in the nations capitol.

it's stunning how good the Panthers production line is.
Thanks for your time, please subscribe to my Patreon for more searing insight to random raiders twitter rumours.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
He finished last season playing Fb, why couldn’t he start this season as fb? Cleary used to talk him up when he was here the first time, he brought him into grade at 18, plus he just captained NZ playing fb. He could easily be the preferred option.

Brought on by injury. How many bad games has Edwards played for us? Remember Ivan wanted Moylan at Tigs at FB too. If a ball playing FB is wanted Edwards gets it. Aside from the halves, Blake and the backrow no one should be assured a start

franklin2323

Immortal
I honestly think the loser of this could easily be persuaded to leave for fullback elsewhere.

But I dont see any advantage to us releasing either of them. Unless we get someone else for our top 17. Raiders wouldnt release anyone we need.

Depends. Dallen is going to backup FB/Centre. On a team where all his mates are. He has a family and a team yet too peak... It would take a huge offer to move him I think

Abacus

Juniors
I just don't see Edwards leaving to go and compete with Cotric. He may as well stay and compete with DWZ.

Unless its much more money - but having to live in Canberra?! Seriously?!

Latest posts