What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edwards or DWZ for fullback next year

Dwz or Edwards for full back

• DWZ

Votes: 16 32.7%
  • Edwards

Votes: 33 67.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

franklin2323

Immortal
Until we workout how to clone Blake...DWZ is the next best option at right centre but until that move happens we need both in the backline. Whether they share FB or not

The yak

Juniors
He can play anywhere in the backline, but I agree, centre looks the worst option.
If everyone seems to think Whare needs replacing (not sure he does), I'd like to see Fuimaono given first crack. Powerful runner with a great offload.

I don't think people are thinking Whare needs replacing but move likely neither Whare or Blake have completed a full season without injury.

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't think people are thinking Whare needs replacing but move likely neither Whare or Blake have completed a full season without injury.
Well he hasnt had a good season since 2015. He has shown glimpses of form ince then. And those glimpses became more regular in 2018.

He is now under the same coach that developed him into the best centre in the game though. His injury is further behind him. There's a chance we see Deano at his best again.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
Well he hasnt had a good season since 2015. He has shown glimpses of flrm since then. And those glimpses became more regular in 2018.

He is now under the same coach that developed him into the best centre in the game though. His injury is further behind him. There's a chance we see Deano at his best again.

Deano, Deano he's our man if he can't do it Waqa Blake can!!!

I'll see myself out.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well he hasnt had a good season since 2015. He has shown glimpses of form ince then. And those glimpses became more regular in 2018.

He is still my fav player but he is very limited. He would mid range centre in speed, footwork. Not very tall so not even a kicking target. He does have consistency and a great defender.

At some stage some one will offer the things he can't. It is all about using his strengths until then

Panfa

Juniors
I like dallin but as a fullback he needs to work on his defence against the poms he let in some simple 1 on 1 tries with missed tackles for now id stay with Edwards at the back.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well Dallin missed out on the golden boot although the award is a joke now anyway. Until mentioned here I didnt realise they changed their criteria for the award. Not really a big deal being nominated now. Its not actually a worlds best player award anymore.

It used to be awarded to who was arguably the best form player of all players from the entire game over the entire year at all levels, with internationals simply being worth more toward the award.

Now everything is ignored and the award is from a small selection of players over a few international games only. They have completely cheapened what the award was. 5 years from now no one will consider it to be a prestigious award and it will have cheapened what previous winners had done to win it.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well Dallin missed out on the golden boot although the award is a joke now anyway. Until mentioned here I didnt realise they changed their criteria for the award. Not really a big deal being nominated now. Its not actually a worlds best player award anymore.

It used to be awarded to who was arguably the best form player of all players from the entire game over the entire year at all levels, with internationals simply being worth more toward the award.

Now everything is ignored and the award is from a small selection of players over a few international games only. They have completely cheapened what the award was. 5 years from now no one will consider it to be a prestigious award and it will have cheapened what previous winners had done to win it.

Truth be told, Dallin wouldn’t have been nominated if the criteria hadn’t changed. It’s hard to see him making even the top 5 of the NRL.

But your right, it’s now a shit award that no one will care about.

OldPanther

Coach
Truth be told, Dallin wouldn’t have been nominated if the criteria hadn’t changed. It’s hard to see him making even the top 5 of the NRL.

But your right, it’s now a shit award that no one will care about.

I only noticed because Dallin got a mention.

mxlegend99

Referee
100% no way his season as a whole was the best. His rep form was terrific. His club form was good too.

But for big wins... he only had a single finals match and a victory over a Boyd Fraudner led Australian side. Hardly best player in the world material

Tedesco was the only name on the list close to worthy of that and he too wasnt in the same league as the majority of other winners.

Abacus

Juniors
Sorry to rehash this but I just read this on 0tackle:

The Sharks relied heavily on Barba’s ability to set up tries as well as score them in their title winning season.

IMO, this is important for any team wanting to win the comp and I think that Edwards has more ability in this area than DWZ. Not that I think either player can achieve what Barba did in 2016, but I think we need some sort of dual-option threat at FB.