What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor had to blood a lot of players in his second year as he had an aging squad thus they finished 14, however the following year they improved and finished 10th but were only 2 points from the top eight ( one more win and they would have knocked us out in 2009). Looking at his results at Souths they don't look the best but it also doesn't show he inherited an aging squad which over the 3 years he was slowly rebuilding - he was slowly building a pretty good squad which was improving but he never had the chance to see it out.

So with this improving squad, JT would have taken the Rabbits to a better placing than the 9th (2010) and 10th (2011) they actually achieved after he was sacked?

Who is to say that they didn't over achieve in 2007, and the mid to bottom table positions they held in 08 & 09 weren't more reflective of his coaching ability?

Rightly or wrongly, based on the 7th, 14th & 10th positions he achieved, JT will be judged as relative failure when it comes to coaching unless he gets another shot to prove his worth. Should he get another chance? Not my call, but I have always wondered why coaches get recycled so much in footy. A coach gets the arse because of shit performance and invariably they get picked up by someone else, all because their team had a good season way back when. Matt Elliott, John Lang, even Ricky Stuart kept getting gigs even though their recent past has been littered with failure. Hopefully the rise of "new boys" Robinson and Maguire might change the views on "established coaches" by footy Boards.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Welcome aboard Brad, enjoy the ride.

The best thing about having the plumber as chairman is that no matter how bad the season goes we'll at least be able to have a good laugh about something, this guy is a buffoon.

Kornstar

Coach
I see where you're coming from Kornstar. The club doesn't appear to be taking things seriously so why should we? (so I don't take it seriously, heh)

I only want them to improve. I'll sign up again and every year for the rest of my life. One day, members will be the only ones with the ability to get grand final tickets, and I want to be there the day we eventually do win one.

That should probably be my motivation right now. I'll be ok by the start of the season, a little disillusioned at the moment.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
so everything is sorted and yet the media continue to find some crap to dig up on Parra

and lols @ the poll, 90 voted for JT and where the f**k is Arthur's name ?

time to move on

welcome home BA and good luck

Gronk

Staff member
so everything is sorted and yet the media continue to find some crap to dig up on Parra

time to move on

So will the usual suspects here as well. The media are doing their jobs, however I question the motives of some here.

spiderdan

Bench
finally. good that the players are sounding very positive about it. it's a good sign.

stuart will look extremely stupid if we are pushing for a finals spot next year. if the core of our team stays healthy i think we can do very well.

El Diablo

Post Whore

time to move on

media were always going to death ride no matter who got the gig

they're parasites

muznik

Juniors
After reading all the crap in the media, Im just going to try & forget it all.

We now look to have a Coach, CEO, GM of Football*, some new recruits & a sponsor.
None of which we had a few weeks back.

Things are already looking up !

Nothing quite like being an Eels supporter is there !

* Has this been offically confirmed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts