What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach

Who should be our next coach

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
seriously a room full of "professional" journos, and not one of them asks 'what couldn't the eels and jason taylor agree to' ?

wasn't that impressed with seward imo. needs to be firmer with the press, show some huevo

jason taylor

Bench
seriously a room full of "professional" journos, and not one of them asks 'what couldn't the eels and jason taylor agree to' ?

wasn't that impressed with seward imo. needs to be firmer with the press, show some huevo

I thought he handled himself well, considering that the press rarely asks serious questions, as seen by the recycling of the same question in that interview.
Well one journalist did ask was Daniel Anderson the reason JT didn't sign, which Seward answering that a director of football hadn't been appointed as of yet.

Forty20

First Grade
Haven't listened to the interview, but asking if Arthur is second choice is a fair question.

Asking once would be fair, fish...he got his answer the first time and despite that kept parroting the same line repeatedly at Seward throughout the rest of the interview.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
I thought he handled himself well, considering that the press rarely asks serious questions, as seen by the recycling of the same question in that interview.
Well one journalist did ask was Daniel Anderson the reason JT didn't sign, which Seward answering that a director of football hadn't been appointed as of yet.

did is not a question in journalism 101

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't listened to the interview, but asking if Arthur is second choice is a fair question.

once maybe, but not the same question 3 times, or variations of the same question 3 times

Seward handled the idiot well

I don't know who is worse Slothfield,Joshy or Weedler.

Unfortunately they (and what they write) reflect their broader readership. And this is not necessarily anti-bogan comment....there's something in many people that draws them simplistic analyses of complex situations. Just like in Federal politics people like to be told that 'it's that guy's fault'.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Off topic: while discussing useless, dumb journalists, it reminded me of Channel Nine's news. They were reporting about some fire in Adelaide, and the reporter said (I don't remember exactly what he said, but this is a paraphrased summation of his wording):

"The fires are still burning within the parameters of the property."

*sigh*

On topic: I wasn't too keen on Arthur tbh. Junior or not, and disciplined or not, I felt he was a big risk (so was Taylor, but at least he has some sort of record at Head Coach level).

However, if the players are happy with his appointment and happy to play for him, it can only be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts