What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Attack Analysis

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t reckon many people were claiming we were going to win the premiership either. Most people in the predictions thread didn’t have us as 1st or 2nd.
I had us outside the top three but inside the top six. Where do you reckon we'll finish?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Why are we building? We've not really progressed over the last three seasons?

Our position on the ladder has been more to do with our draw and less games against strong sides each year over those seasons than the way we've played.

We're building nothing. We've been fortunate that more than half of the comp have been dreadful for two seasons. We're less chance of winning the comp this year than we have been at any stage of the regualar season over the last 3 years.

We're not building, we've stagnated.
Our points differential compared to the top team says otherwise.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Watch8ng the Roosters tonight with a line up not as good as ours, their constant movement when in possession and support play is light years ahead of what we do.

Don’t have to go full movement , but gee it shows what a well drilled attack should look like. We aren’t in that ball park and it doesn’t seem we practice anything other than effort and crash plays, I know that is a bit extreme , but how frustrating is it to watch an attack in synch.
Recency bias. We put 40 points on the Knights. Apologies for the stats

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
Throwing them under the bus? There good f**ken players ffs! They win heaps of games and I enjoy watching them. You're the one f**ken complaining every week!!

* They're

If you want to be a smart arse yesterday..........

Everyone makes the odd spelling mistake. Even you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If this is the case then we'll go nowhere whilst our coaching staff has that attitude.

Do you reckon Bellyache will drop Finucane as captain if he chooses to leave?
Finucane is part of their top 17. Cartwright is in our best 19 or 20, so there's no prerogative to play him.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think it is possible people are also over rating our players.
Yes our forward packs great. But the bench still is a huge drop off went the starters come off.
The spine has Moses who in his day is as good as any of other halves in comp. Mahoney also Id say is as well. But both are still just a tad under the other better sides players in those positions.
D.Brown would in attack be in the bottom half of 5/8s and Gutherson isn't as good as some make out. He doesn't break tackles and rarely even makes a bust. He sits between 5th- 7th on list of fullbacks around.

And then our backs. Sivo,Fergo,Waqa,Opacic. Its hardly mouth watering. On their day they are all capable but none are in the top 5 winger or centres in the game.

So we can sit here and say its the coach or the structures. And yes we could play more expansive and less predictable but the squad is overated by many fans. We still have no X FACTOR

Chipmunk

Coach
I think it is possible people are also over rating our players.
Yes our forward packs great. But the bench still is a huge drop off went the starters come off.
The spine has Moses who in his day is as good as any of other halves in comp. Mahoney also Id say is as well. But both are still just a tad under the other better sides players in those positions.
D.Brown would in attack be in the bottom half of 5/8s and Gutherson isn't as good as some make out. He doesn't break tackles and rarely even makes a bust. He sits between 5th- 7th on list of fullbacks around.

And then our backs. Sivo,Fergo,Waqa,Opacic. Its hardly mouth watering. On their day they are all capable but none are in the top 5 winger or centres in the game.

So we can sit here and say its the coach or the structures. And yes we could play more expansive and less predictable but the squad is overated by many fans. We still have no X FACTOR
I think we have an X Factor in Cartwright, but we appear to have told him if he wants to get a game then he needs to just take bonehead runs when needed.

It's so unnatural for him, it's painful.