What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Attack Analysis

JokerEel

First Grade
We attacked like this in 2017 when we had quality ball players Norman, Ma'u and Edwards on our edges, as well as finishers like Radradra and French. Just like now, we played to our strengths. It's just that our strengths were very different then:

I'm pretty sure you were one of the ones demanding we spend more on props.

Wow what happened to our attack!

Our half linking with 5/8!

French
Taka
Semi

Why did you leave!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you seriously believe that our players are 'lazy'? And as far as talent is concerned: Paulo, Lane, Papalii, Matterson, Cartwright, are extremely talented ball-players and/or off-loaders. They are being coached to run at the opposition players rather than between the opposition players. Do you really think they are lazy and just think, "I couldn't be f**ked, I'll just run straight into the opposition"?
Defenders are coached to get their body in front. They're not going to stand there and let players run to either side of them. And Paulo, Lane and Matterson threw more offloads tonight than the entire Roosters team. They're not the huge advantage you think they are.

lingard

Coach
Swapping Drown and Moses has improved our defence significantly. We have only conceded 20+ points four times this year, and two of those were while Drown was unavailable. A third was in a sloppy win over the Tigers, which preceded a sloppy loss to the Dragons.

Defence is what we need to win in the post-season. The swap was about that.
The swap was all about Waqa Blake's lack of any defensive prowess.

lingard

Coach
Defenders are coached to get their body in front. They're not going to stand there and let players run to either side of them. And Paulo, Lane and Matterson threw more offloads tonight than the entire Roosters team. They're not the huge advantage you think they are.
You are (deliberately - for the sake of an argument) missing the point. All good.

Pazza

First Grade
Brad Fittler asked Angus Crichton if the Roosters felt threatened by what the Eels were throwing at them in attack and he hesitantly replied with “I don’t want to bad mouth any teams”. Even the opposition players can see it.

Even sterlo had comments a couple mins earlier completely dumb founded by what he saw in the game. He use the Paulo to opacic pass and gutho to a flat footed sivo as examples.

Latest posts