What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS best ever GOAL kickers

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well, it wasn't just luck (if it was luck at all). That whole team came together and played out of their skins for the second half of 2009. You can't play out of your skin three years in a row.
I feel like we stumbled upon a ‘hack’ that worked against the dominant defensive trend of the time. For six months anyway. By round one 2010, teams had adjusted and we went back to being ordinary.

Mitch Cronin, was the Eels best goal kicker.

And that Ray Pearce fellow, he’d stop and stare at the posts with opposition kickers and bend the goalposts with his mind.

The people who voted for Johns, they must never have seen Sterlo or Steve Mortimer play.

And theses two great halves, they both claim the other was the better player. That’s what rugby league was all about.

I miss sterlo in the media.

Joey doesn’t deserve to lick their toe jam if he could remember what a toe is.

T-Boon

Coach
I feel like we stumbled upon a ‘hack’ that worked against the dominant defensive trend of the time. For six months anyway. By round one 2010, teams had adjusted and we went back to being ordinary.
My recollection is that by 2010 we did not play with the same reckless abandon with off loads as with 09. We were far more disciplined. Maybe we tried but defenses had adjusted.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Mitch Cronin, was the Eels best goal kicker.

I'm not sure he played for the Eels?

99% Sure he didn't kick goals either?

RIP.

Latest posts