What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels deliver ultimatum to Daniel Anderson: Step Down or be Sacked & accused of racism

Should Anderson get the sack?

• Total voters

HevyDevy

Coach
So we are all happy with what was served up this year, I can't believe some of the people on here. This was probably the worst performing season since 1987 and we are satisfied, and for those who choose words like" this is not the fans club etc", , for the last 27 years it ewas run by 1 person and we never had a say.

At the end of the day, it would have got worse and as Fish would say "its time", sorry but that us how I feel and I have been a supporter for over 40 years and am pleased we moved quickly and it will always be my club and I diont want to waste another year.

Nobody enjoyed 2010 but don't blame DA. He could coach last year but now he can't?

But my frustration isn't about sacking DA. It's about this board being out of control. The sh*t that has been served up from the board this year has been disgraceful. Appaling. You can sit here and say "I've been a fan for 50 years and I'll never leave etc etc". Well I agree with you to a certain point but a point needs to be made. I'll be making mine at the elections but until then I cannot support a club being driven by these egotistical maniacs.

So the club is bigger than the individual? Tell that to the board. They are destroying everything I have loved for the 33 years of my life. I still support the playing group and I will never want them to fail but I will NOT support this club while this board is running the show. The board IS the club at the moment and it should never be that way. I'm disgusted.

Its a bit puzzling if DA goes

2011 would most likely be a squad that resembled one he would have preferred to work with from the start if he could have, instead of inheriting players he didnt want or knew wouldnt perform his style of coaching from super coach Hagan. Regardless of what happened in 2009 and this year, he deserved to coach us in 2011. Mid 2011 and we are playing like busteds, then sure Ozzie have your melbourne trips. There is a right way and a pathetic way to do things, unfortunatley we chose the later
i agree even if firing ando is the right decision the sneaky underhanded way they have gone about it is totally wrong

strider

Post Whore
Each to their own, but if you're so incensed by the board, why not get that membership so you actually have a real voice at the club and can vote them out?

but the thing is, the actual board that has some meaning for the NRL club is the Leagues Club board ... being a Football Club member (which is what you get with season tickets and regional packages) is pointless at the moment ... you get to vote out Pricey - woo f**king hoo

btw - what's happening with moving control to the football club, anything?

HevyDevy

Coach
I don't think anyone is happy with how we performed this year. We simply understand that we honestly performed pretty much to our ability as a side at the moment. We aren't very good, it's that simple, and it really is as simple as missing the direction a decent half can give a side. We have a very good forward pack and a good enough backline, but we haven't got the link between them. Anyone who's watched more than 3 games of footy could tell you that the forwards can make as many metres as they like but if you've got no one to direct the attack, you won't win games.

Is it Andersons fault that we don't have a halfback? Is it Andersons fault that, once again, the expectation placed on the players shoulders was simply ludicrous given the side we fielded? Anderson is as much a victim as anyone else in this, he's inherited a rabble and is doing what he can to fix that. But these things take time. Two major factors (IMO anyway) in our poor performance are gone (Mateo and Inu, who pretty much exemplified the laziness and apathy that crept in as the year went on) while young, fearless blokes with great attitudes like Mannah and Horo and Mitchell are being brought through. I have no idea if it was Anderson who signed Maitua and Webb, I hope it was because as coach that's his right...but they aren't bad signings given the price and what's on the market. Sure, I don't rate Webb at all personally...but he's got the talent to prove me wrong and the price tag we put on him was fair. He sure as sh*t beats the depth we have anyway. We have structure in defence that we didn't have before. On the whole, things are improving...and if fans and the board haven't the patience to see it out then the board should go and the fans should toughen the hell up.

Oh, and hypothetically...if we get Kearney and he hasn't fixed us after two seasons, should he go? And the coach who gets two seasons after that, him too? How about we try and get some stability...after all, that's kinda half the reason the successful clubs over the past decade have been successful. Or is that too sensible? :roll:

You speak too much sense, sir.

fish eel

Immortal
In 3 years.

Yeah, I know, but my opinion is people should empower themselves if they are unhappy with something/someone. Plenty of people on this forum joined the club knowing in three years they could have a say.

Also, being a member means you can have a voice immediatley at things like AGM's, where you can question board members directly. No waiting time for that.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah, I know, but my opinion is people should empower themselves if they are unhappy with something/someone. Plenty of people on this forum joined the club knowing in three years they could have a say.

Also, being a member means you can have a voice immediatley at things like AGM's, where you can question board members directly. No waiting time for that.
again - our memberships are giving us a say with the wrong board

Suitman

Post Whore
Nobody enjoyed 2010 but don't blame DA. He could coach last year but now he can't?

But my frustration isn't about sacking DA. It's about this board being out of control. The sh*t that has been served up from the board this year has been disgraceful. Appaling. You can sit here and say "I've been a fan for 50 years and I'll never leave etc etc". Well I agree with you to a certain point but a point needs to be made. I'll be making mine at the elections but until then I cannot support a club being driven by these egotistical maniacs.

So the club is bigger than the individual? Tell that to the board. They are destroying everything I have loved for the 33 years of my life. I still support the playing group and I will never want them to fail but I will NOT support this club while this board is running the show. The board IS the club at the moment and it should never be that way. I'm disgusted.

Well, why don't you email them, and get evryone who agrees with you to email them, and tell them exactly what you think?

Suity

Bazal

Post Whore
fisheel said:
Each to their own, but if you're so incensed by the board, why not get that membership so you actually have a real voice at the club and can vote them out?

Because I'm not sure that the Regioneels membership gives one that ability...and even if it does, then what do I have to wait, 3 years? Not to mention I live interstate and would find turning up to voting very difficult, especially if I move to the far north coast as I plan to once I finish off my degree.

Noise

Coach
yes this board is bad and the previous 25 years DF was worse. But all my life i have followed the football team - the players who run out onto the field. There have always been coaches and board memebers who i haven't liked but i dont support them. I support the footy team not those in the background. Those who are going to stop following parra because of a board/coaching decision not true fans. you support your team through good times and bad times. The board, the coaches and even the players will always change. Most will see out their contracts, some won't. The one constant is there will always be 17 players running out on the field who should all have our support. I dont care who coaches next year. I go for parra, not the coach of parra or the parra board

hineyrulz

Post Whore
When???? it might be to late then. Wouldn't it be ironic if a DA coached team beats the eels in a GF.

I never said I would stop cheering for them, I said I may not be handing over my hard earned to them.
Well if you do that it may be to late for our great club, vote 3P out in April for someone who can do the job. No point hurting the club in the process by not going to games and buying merchandise.

strider

Post Whore
Not if you have both.

Suity
i live on the other side of sydney - why the hell do i want to join the parra leagues club? ... the regional eels members live further away - why do they want to join the leagues club?

they promote the memberships as having a say in the club - and the say that matters is the NRL operations - but thats not the case .... its been 2 years has anything happened to make changes with this as was the promise? (i'm starting a different thread specifically about this - cos i wanna know what ppl think)

Suitman

Post Whore
As an aside, I think new director Glen Duncan has made a lot of sense in his statements

Yes, the comments seem to have been largely ignored by the majority here today. I thought his words presented well. Maybe he should be the mouth piece for the board. :sarcasm:

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
i live on the other side of sydney - why the hell do i want to join the parra leagues club? ... the regional eels members live further away - why do they want to join the leagues club?

they promote the memberships as having a say in the club - and the say that matters is the NRL operations - but thats not the case .... its been 2 years has anything happened to make changes with this as was the promise? (i'm starting a different thread specifically about this - cos i wanna know what ppl think)

Because it's dirt cheap to join, because it is your club as an eels fan and because you wont need to sign in when going to Sterlos Bar to have Suity shout you?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
so tell me something...why are you still supporting Parra when our board in 1977 couldn't back our gf captain after declaring that he couldn't play with Bob O'Reilly when it was decided we should try and sign him??..

1977 to 1980, I was living high up in the Snowy mountains in Victoria learning lots about Permaculture from Bill Mollison and from others around the globe involved in this alternative living project. I had no TV or radio connection with the outside world bar when I went home to visit mum at Bronte/Waverley. I did keep an interest in how the team was playing by reading the SMH, etc, which visitors brought with them from time to time.

I watched the 1976 and 1977 GF (and 1977 GF replay) and a few of the Parramatta matches during those years but was not up to date with all the politics. Instead of millions being caged into cities, most relying on the sucking of the nipples of the private corporations for their food, water, etc, as a 21 year old I was more interested in how people can feed themselves, have a roof over their family and have access to clean fresh water so they could take full-responsibility for their lives, be healthy & happy and not need to be wards of the state which citizens are.

Sorry, but I was not aware of this (Ray Higgs) & Bob O'Riely issue. Obviously there were many good Eels people involved back then because the 1981 to 1986 golden years appeared around the corner after Ray Higgs & co left. I still don't agree with Terry Fearnley not allowing Ray Higgs to stand up to the St George thuggery which caused the Eels to lose the 1977 GF replay. If they start it we should have given it back to Rod Reddy & co in bucket loads.

I will always support the Eels but not the pirates who come to rape, pillage and plunder the club I love. I am here to help get rid of 3P and anyone else whose love for the eels is really just a disguise to use the club for their private fortune/s.

Djay

Juniors
People who are saying it's time to go for DA make no sense. Last year he got a rabble of a side to a GF, this year he had huge pressure to perform after last years over-achieving and thought we had the cattle to win it but we didn't. It's simple, we need a halfback, if we had a halfback we would definitely been in the 8 if not the top 4.

The thing I do not like about DA whether it's true or not as we do not know yet is the fact he does not "want" a wrestling coach or a football manager and the rumour that the players are not disciplined worry me. But the thing is we do not know if this is true, if it is then maybe it's time for him to go, if it's not and it is the board making this up to cover there asses he should be given another chance.

The board is a bloody joke and MUST be voted out come election time.

Gronk

Staff member
I think Mr Duncan was very astute in the way that he positioned himself. Win/win.

Latest posts