What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels deliver ultimatum to Daniel Anderson: Step Down or be Sacked & accused of racism

Should Anderson get the sack?

• Total voters
yes, and that was 3P's strategy. Knock 'em off at the FC and the LC would then follow.

Indeed that is why they lead with Ex Footballers at the FC election, as traditionally at FC elections the Ex footballers get the most votes. I would guess that is also what is going to happen at this election. If someone runs who is an ex player they will normally get more votes than someone who has never laced a boot for the club in the top grade.

Bazal

Post Whore
To be honest I have been a perpetual member for 44 years so it hasn't cost me anything to maintain membership. However I do fork out for plane fares and accomodation for AGM's and elctions as I have at least always wanted to have my say even though no bastard wanted to hear it for 30 years. I gues it's just a personall choice if you really want your opinion to be heard.

You guys can carry on with all the histrionics you like but after what I've seen, as a voting member of both the football and leagues clubs for the last 44 years, don't insult my intelligence by making out this is the first time a parra board has punted a coach.

OK, you guys like DA, I get that much, if he wasn't being punted none of this hysteria would be going on, but just because you have that opinion doesn't make it right. You also need to consider there are many voting members out there that want DA gone just as much as you want him retained. I guess we'll have to wait til april to see which way the numbers align.

Histrionics? Hmmm...a bit like the unnecessary and, honestly, totally invented comments on bold? Lol...

Obviously everyone has different opinions on the coach, but honestly, the "hysteria" is all with the "Punt DA" crowd...one perceived bad year and they want his head, now that's hysteria!

the LC is largely an entirely different base of voters - yet the large group don't give a toss about NRL so they don't even bother voting ..... if you can convince that group to vote, you are in - don't know if that group can be motivated tho

I am quite sure it can be, but I don't think the way it was "supposedly" done was the right way to do it.

fish eel

Immortal
Histrionics? Hmmm...a bit like the unnecessary and, honestly, totally invented comments on bold? Lol...

Obviously everyone has different opinions on the coach, but honestly, the "hysteria" is all with the "Punt DA" crowd...one perceived bad year and they want his head, now that's hysteria!

Perceived bad year?

It was a deadset shocker Baz.

Bazal

Post Whore
It was bad, yeah. But made worse in the minds of some by the miracle and honestly totally out of our ability level winning run at the end of 2009. If that hadn't happened, we'd be looking at 2010 as a decidedly average year, not a "deadset shocker"

fish eel

Immortal
It was bad, yeah. But made worse in the minds of some by the miracle and honestly totally out of our ability level winning run at the end of 2009. If that hadn't happened, we'd be looking at 2010 as a decidedly average year, not a "deadset shocker"

No, I think we'd be talking about two shocking seasons and there'd be fewer people upset about Andersons sacking.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
with the sort of contacts Delboy has at the club and I mean from the current and former regime, calling him naive or gullible is one of the more hideious posts of ever read in here...

sorry, who the f**k are you ??

Someone who is addressing the FACTS of a serious "cultural problem" running rampant through the club we all love.

And anyway, who the f**k are you Mario?

CrazyEel

Bench

No baz, they were not invented, you can't twist it. It's really quite simple, are you railing against the sacking of DA specifically or the principle of sacking the coach? Is it just because you like this coach or were you equally vociferous when they punted Hagan who had "one perceived bad year" and got the same results as DA? That's the problems with principles, they can't be applied subjectively.

And it's not about a percieved bad year, it's about whats been going on off field for 2 years, or in this case the absolute decay that has been occuring.

fish eel

Immortal
Someone who is addressing the FACTS of a serious "cultural problem" running rampant through the club we all love.

And anyway, who the f**k are you Mario?

if you're going to refer to one poster by their first name, you could atleast man up and tell him your name......

strider

Post Whore
it was pretty bloody bad .... yes we probably over achieved in 2009, but you'd think some of that confidence would have rolled over to 2010 .... and we showed we are capable - the arse kicking we gave Melbourne when they played like they meant it showed we had the ability - we just didn't put in ...... how much of that was the coach or players? f**ked if i know

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

:clap::clap::clap::thumb

strider

Post Whore
Just a comment about what that Duncan guy said ...

he basically said, in his little fence sit try and look good both ways, that he doesn't believe any coach can coach for 1 year - they should either extend Ando or kick him 1yr early

so, does that mean he believes every coach should only ever run 1 year short of his actual contract? ..... so whoever we get next, give em 3 years, if they don't get results and we don't want to extend them then they'll be gone in 2 also? .... I hope this guy has deep pockets that he's happy to delve into, cos its gonna be a costly exercise with him in control

Bazal

Post Whore
No baz, they were not invented, you can't twist it. It's really quite simple, are you railing against the sacking of DA specifically or the principle of sacking the coach? Is it just because you like this coach or were you equally vociferous when they punted Hagan who had "one perceived bad year" and got the same results as DA? That's the problems with principles, they can't be applied subjectively.

And it's not about a percieved bad year, it's about whats been going on off field for 2 years, or in this case the absolute decay that has been occuring.

Ok then mate, quote me saying that this is the first time in history a board has sacked a coach? Obviously you can't, because I never said it...

I am railing against a sacking that I perceive as motivated by more than football. This whole thing is about perception...the guys who want Anderson gone perceive that the club has gone backwards this season because of the miracle run at the end of 2009. But they can't see that the run that took us to the grand final was a massive abberation, a hugely out of the blue string of performances from a side high on momentum. It wasn't the status quo, it was a demonstration of the kind of side we have the potential to be, but aren't yet. If you take that out, treat as a statistical outlier, then 2010 was an improvement on the footy we played for most of 2009. It really is that simple, for me.

fish eel

Immortal
Just a comment about what that Duncan guy said ...

he basically said, in his little fence sit try and look good both ways, that he doesn't believe any coach can coach for 1 year - they should either extend Ando or kick him 1yr early

so, does that mean he believes every coach should only ever run 1 year short of his actual contract? ..... so whoever we get next, give em 3 years, if they don't get results and we don't want to extend them then they'll be gone in 2 also? .... I hope this guy has deep pockets that he's happy to delve into, cos its gonna be a costly exercise with him in control

Well, no, he was saying he doesn't think the position is tenable if its only for a year and someone is coming into replace the coach. he said he didnt think someone could coach for just one year under those circumstamces, and that it was better to make a cut rather than waste a year.I think that makes a lot of sense, though obviously each circumstance would be different. You'd probably then build the third year into the contract as an option. and the circumstances he was talking about are where you know you're not going to renew a coaches contract a season out, which would not necessarily always be the case

Last edited:

CrazyEel

Bench
Ok then mate, quote me saying that this is the first time in history a board has sacked a coach? Obviously you can't, because I never said it...
I never intimated anywhere that you did, I asked what is so different this time compared to all the other times it has occured.

I am railing against a sacking that I perceive as motivated by more than football. This whole thing is about perception...the guys who want Anderson gone perceive that the club has gone backwards this season because of the miracle run at the end of 2009. But they can't see that the run that took us to the grand final was a massive abberation, a hugely out of the blue string of performances from a side high on momentum. It wasn't the status quo, it was a demonstration of the kind of side we have the potential to be, but aren't yet. If you take that out, treat as a statistical outlier, then 2010 was an improvement on the footy we played for most of 2009. It really is that simple, for me.
Yes, it is perception and you have just said yourself the GF run was an abberation. So discount that and take an objective look at DA's results and compare them to Hagen. I can't see why DA is entilted to be viewed any more favourably than Hagen was, you have to acknowledge there are great similarities in their 2 year reigns.

Sorry but the rabble on display this year was no better than Hagen's last year and our results last year were only 1 game better than Hagen's first year yet you judge them completely differently. Why? Our off field structure is just as bad today as it was under Hagen.

IFR33K

Coach
I have a simple question for the clowns that voted for DA to be sacked.

If we happened to win the GF last year, and 2010 was still a poor season, would he still deserve to be sacked???????

Bazal

Post Whore
I judge them differently because Hagan started with a good side and took it downhill. Anderson has started with a rabble and is trying to turn that around. I think it's pretty easy to see which deserves more time to prove themselves...

I judge them differently because Hagan started with a good side and took it downhill. Anderson has started with a rabble and is trying to turn that around. I think it's pretty easy to see which deserves more time to prove themselves...

The genius Hagan got rid of Maloney AND Hodkinson
Keep at least one and we probably wouldn't be in this mess now

Latest posts