What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels deliver ultimatum to Daniel Anderson: Step Down or be Sacked & accused of racism

Should Anderson get the sack?

• Total voters

DeanPay98

Juniors
Sure I can.

True fans never desert their team. Never.

Do you beg to differ?

Lets not bicker about who is a true fan and who isn't.

I think its pretty clear that we're all Parramatta people through and through.

Its also pretty clear that this current board cant be trusted ad isn't true!

parra pete

Referee
I was a TRUE BELIEVER...I will still have an interest, of course, you can't go Cold Turkey after 50 years...but I am bitterly, bitterly disappointed at what this mob of amateurs running the joint have turned it into.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
What has happen this weekend is absolutely pathetic, I donot understand what this board is doing I'm gutted at the prospect of DA getting the sack. But at the end of the day I love this team and will continue to support them, I'll continue to be a season ticket holder and come april I'll have my vote and vote this board out.

This is what I encourage everyone else to do if ur not happy don't stop supporting the eels, but instead make your voice heard and vote the board out support the mighty eels but not this board

Stagger eel

Staff member
It's all good stuff so may it rub off on you too!:lol:

so tell me something...why are you still supporting Parra when our board in 1977 couldn't back our gf captain after declaring that he couldn't play with Bob O'Reilly when it was decided we should try and sign him??..

IFR33K

Coach
I have no doubt that this is an agenda against DA, because he was appointed by DF. IIRC after the GF, ozzie put it to the board about extending DA's contract, and that idea was quickly squashed.

FFS how was DA meant to coach what was in front of him, if he always had to look back, over his shoulder.

Having no say in recruitment is icing on the cake, and surely the writing was on the wall when ozzie went to SK.

Bazal

Post Whore
disgraceful decision. I'm, seriously reconsidering my membership now.

Yup. I was gonna sign up for the regional membership next year, now I have a stable job and the wedding is all paid for finally...but if this happens, they can go f**k themselves. They won't get a cent out of me until the people who made the decision are gone.

Here we have a guy who has been a hugely successful coach in both major competitions. He turned the Warriors from a rabble into minor premiers in two seasons, and he made St Helens the most formidable side in the ESL. And these lunatics want to swap him for a bloke who rode to a World Cup on the coattails of the greatest coach still with us and whose only other claim to fame is that he was an assistant coach under the biggest salary rort in the history of the NRL? It's total, utter madness. Anderson inherited a complete rabble and took it to a grand final, but is still paying the proce for previous coaches decisions in terms of the available money and the players he has/has lost...sure, you can say he made a mistake signing Mortimer up long term and keeping him at 7 (although no one who does has come up with a better option from this years stock) but on the whole, the improvement is there. We overachieved last year because our attack clicked, and players like Kinga and Lowrie were surprisingly instrumental in that. This year, we didn't click, but we were still one of the better defensive sides in the game. Give us a halfback and we make the finals, simple as that. Basically, if the board sack him, they have done so for nothing more than personal reasons, or (even worse) because they lack the foresight and discipline to stick out a long term solution to our woes.

So yeah, if this happens they get nothing from me. I'll support the boys, watch what games I can on FTA or at the pub...but the board doesn't get a cent of my money on tickets or memberships or merchandise. And honestly, for me anyway, this rabble have had this coming for a while. This rumour/news/whatever it is was just the proverbial straw on the camels back.

Delboy

First Grade
So we are all happy with what was served up this year, I can't believe some of the people on here. This was probably the worst performing season since 1987 and we are satisfied, and for those who choose words like" this is not the fans club etc", , for the last 27 years it ewas run by 1 person and we never had a say.

At the end of the day, it would have got worse and as Fish would say "its time", sorry but that us how I feel and I have been a supporter for over 40 years and am pleased we moved quickly and it will always be my club and I diont want to waste another year.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Mate if they punt DA and bring in a rookie, and keep chopping and changing, do you really think there would be an increase in numbers in terms of memberships, or a decrease??????

DF was a knob, but the current board make him look like a god sent.

If our beloved club is driven into the dirt, and fans treated like sh*t, would I still pay for a membership???? Maybe, maybe not.
Thats your decision mate, but as i said nothing will ever stop me cheering for the Eels. I can see why you are upset but as Stagger said there are other ways to vent your frustrations without ditching the Mighty Eels.

Suitman

Post Whore
So we are all happy with what was served up this year, I can't believe some of the people on here. This was probably the worst performing season since 1987 and we are satisfied, and for those who choose words like" this is not the fans club etc", , for the last 27 years it ewas run by 1 person and we never had a say.

At the end of the day, it would have got worse and as Fish would say "its time", sorry but that us how I feel and I have been a supporter for over 40 years and am pleased we moved quickly and it will always be my club and I diont want to waste another year.

Don't worry Delboy, some people have short memories. In fact, it seems a lot do.
Things aren't perfect now, but I'd rather have our club run by a board, than run by a dictator.

Suity

IFR33K

Coach

FFS, we didnt have a 7 at the club. If we had a 7 then yeah, it would of been a very bad season. You cant punt a coach after reaching a GF. Its not morally right. How many clubs do you think would now be lining up to sign DA. How many clubs would be lining up to sign SK???? We are the laughing stock of the NRL, and if SK is appointed coach for 2011, and he gets us out of this rabble, then I will eat my shorts.

No but changing coaches may well waist another year, or two or three. How long before this is to much? What happens if no players "Improve" under the new coach next year? Do we give him the bullet to? It would be fair and justified would it not?

If anyone is thinking we are a grand final shot with the team we have at this second and Kearney as our coach, then all I can say is don't drink the coolaide.

IFR33K

Coach
Thats your decision mate, but as i said nothing will ever stop me cheering for the Eels. I can see why you are upset but as Stagger said there are other ways to vent your frustrations without ditching the Mighty Eels.

When???? it might be to late then. Wouldn't it be ironic if a DA coached team beats the eels in a GF.

I never said I would stop cheering for them, I said I may not be handing over my hard earned to them.

Don't worry Delboy, some people have short memories. In fact, it seems a lot do.
Things aren't perfect now, but I'd rather have our club run by a board, than run by a dictator.

Suity

That is almost like the ALP's campaign policy last election, run against the specter of work choices.

strider

Post Whore
I have a theory about this board. All I can say is that these types would destroy heaven. Just look at some of the other clubs particularly soccer clubs and society in general that these types have destroyed when allowed to run the show. NSW Labor also comes to mind.

It makes me even more sick seeing that I am from a similar background.

what are you suggesting? something dean young may have a comment about?

fish eel

Immortal
Yup. I was gonna sign up for the regional membership next year, now I have a stable job and the wedding is all paid for finally...but if this happens, they can go f**k themselves. They won't get a cent out of me until the people who made the decision are gone.

Here we have a guy who has been a hugely successful coach in both major competitions. He turned the Warriors from a rabble into minor premiers in two seasons, and he made St Helens the most formidable side in the ESL. And these lunatics want to swap him for a bloke who rode to a World Cup on the coattails of the greatest coach still with us and whose only other claim to fame is that he was an assistant coach under the biggest salary rort in the history of the NRL? It's total, utter madness. Anderson inherited a complete rabble and took it to a grand final, but is still paying the proce for previous coaches decisions in terms of the available money and the players he has/has lost...sure, you can say he made a mistake signing Mortimer up long term and keeping him at 7 (although no one who does has come up with a better option from this years stock) but on the whole, the improvement is there. We overachieved last year because our attack clicked, and players like Kinga and Lowrie were surprisingly instrumental in that. This year, we didn't click, but we were still one of the better defensive sides in the game. Give us a halfback and we make the finals, simple as that. Basically, if the board sack him, they have done so for nothing more than personal reasons, or (even worse) because they lack the foresight and discipline to stick out a long term solution to our woes.

So yeah, if this happens they get nothing from me. I'll support the boys, watch what games I can on FTA or at the pub...but the board doesn't get a cent of my money on tickets or memberships or merchandise. And honestly, for me anyway, this rabble have had this coming for a while. This rumour/news/whatever it is was just the proverbial straw on the camels back.

Each to their own, but if you're so incensed by the board, why not get that membership so you actually have a real voice at the club and can vote them out?

Bazal

Post Whore
I don't think anyone is happy with how we performed this year. We simply understand that we honestly performed pretty much to our ability as a side at the moment. We aren't very good, it's that simple, and it really is as simple as missing the direction a decent half can give a side. We have a very good forward pack and a good enough backline, but we haven't got the link between them. Anyone who's watched more than 3 games of footy could tell you that the forwards can make as many metres as they like but if you've got no one to direct the attack, you won't win games.

Is it Andersons fault that we don't have a halfback? Is it Andersons fault that, once again, the expectation placed on the players shoulders was simply ludicrous given the side we fielded? Anderson is as much a victim as anyone else in this, he's inherited a rabble and is doing what he can to fix that. But these things take time. Two major factors (IMO anyway) in our poor performance are gone (Mateo and Inu, who pretty much exemplified the laziness and apathy that crept in as the year went on) while young, fearless blokes with great attitudes like Mannah and Horo and Mitchell are being brought through. I have no idea if it was Anderson who signed Maitua and Webb, I hope it was because as coach that's his right...but they aren't bad signings given the price and what's on the market. Sure, I don't rate Webb at all personally...but he's got the talent to prove me wrong and the price tag we put on him was fair. He sure as sh*t beats the depth we have anyway. We have structure in defence that we didn't have before. On the whole, things are improving...and if fans and the board haven't the patience to see it out then the board should go and the fans should toughen the hell up.

Oh, and hypothetically...if we get Kearney and he hasn't fixed us after two seasons, should he go? And the coach who gets two seasons after that, him too? How about we try and get some stability...after all, that's kinda half the reason the successful clubs over the past decade have been successful. Or is that too sensible? :roll:

Latest posts