What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels deliver ultimatum to Daniel Anderson: Step Down or be Sacked & accused of racism

Should Anderson get the sack?

• Total voters

stiffmeister

Bench
I can't understand the DA man love. Do you want to marry him?

This year was a total failure. Last year was a fluke. It was only successful because of Hayne. Wake up. We want a premiership, not a man love fest

parra pete

Referee
Always beware when the Board comes out and backs the coach

THE coaching drama at Parramatta appears to be over after Daniel Anderson was given assurances he would see out the remaining year of his contract.

Anderson's position had been the subject of intense scrutiny following revelations chief executive Paul Osborne flew to Melbourne to interview Storm assistant Stephen Kearney.

However, it appears Anderson will remain at the helm of the Eels next season regardless of whether the club qualifies for the finals this year. It is believed Anderson was told yesterday his job was safe.

Chairman Roy Spagnolo confirmed as much when he told reporters at Parramatta Stadium Anderson's contract would be honoured.

The decision to stand behind Anderson heads off a potential mutiny from the playing group. A slew of Eels stars came out in support of their embattled coach including co-captains Nathan Cayless and Nathan Hindmarsh, fullback Jarryd Hayne and young half Daniel Mortimer.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ny-over-anderson/story-e6frg7mf-1225907023562

Stagger eel

Staff member
always beware who you believe Pete, I don't see an official statement from the club as yet...

stiffmeister

Bench
I expect a premiership from DA next year if that's the case, otherwise if we fail, we have wasted another year. I wonder if we don't make the 8 next year or do but don't win the premiership, what the man love supporters will say then

spartan2153

Juniors
I expect a premiership from DA next year if that's the case, otherwise if we fail, we have wasted another year. I wonder if we don't make the 8 next year or do but don't win the premiership, what the man love supporters will say then

well i wonder what manly said the first 4 years of hasler coaching as well as the tigers as well as canberra last year what about the broncos last year & this year. penrith as well. cowboys.

its not that simple to win a comp. you need a 6 or 7 we dont have one.

If we get orford next year & ando is in charge than anythjing outside of a top 4 will be dissapointing

chanticleer

Juniors
How about we compare Anderson with one of his peers?
Anderson and Moore
Andersons team have finished higher than Moores for 2 years running, yet Anderson is sacked while Moores contract is extended.
Wonder which club has the right philosophy? I dont agree with Andersons sacking by the way, if the Storm werent there with their billion $$$ squad he would have won the comp

Gronk

Staff member
Oh dear. Jump or you get pushed.

Meanwhile we're still finding ways of filling the papers with our unprofessional shenanigans.

El Diablo

Post Whore
2GB just read something saying Feleti and Parra have denied the racial vilification story. Feleti has spoken to Anderson and said it's not true

Djay

Juniors
I'm sorry but I do not believe in a word you say.

How is it so that this bloke turned our club around last yr when he was the coach from the start of 2009, employed structured football into our team and didn't work he then realized that it did not work and he then told the boys to play more ad-lib, support the ball runner and look for offloads. Yes, Hayne was the catalyst of why we went so good but do you really believed the players decided "stuff this structured stuff and lets just throw the ball around". That was Ando that said that and it got us to a GF that's what I call a smart coach.

52 weeks ago things were looking so promising for us, now we look like a zoo and it's a joke.

You can argue with me and say that, "we did not looked structured all year and that it was a failure". But it is kinda hard when you have your Halfback (Robson) who is no more then a reserve grader as the man leading us around the field and our other half who is suffering from 2nd season syndrome/ or just the fact he may not cut it at first grade, kinda makes it hard to employ structure.

Another thing on structure, look at the Titans for example they play very structured football. Last night they came up against a team that throws it around and is kinda ad-lib and they just were pretty dominated and there structured was all gone and they buckled. They didn't even look like making a break. That's what structures does to a team under pressure, they buckle. Anderson knows that, that is why he is employing an attacking flair type of style and support the ball runner it works and look where it's got the Roosters and us last year.

End of rant, just so many things going on that are sh*tting me to tears.

parra pete

Referee
always beware who you believe Pete, I don't see an official statement from the club as yet...

True. Hope they can see the trouble they are causing and REVERSE the decision..if they have already made one...
My info - as I said - came from a mate VERY close to the action. He was out by a couple of days concerning the announcement...As I posted then I hope he is wrong..but somehow I don't think he is.

fish eel

Immortal
its good to see nobody is going off half cocked without knowing the full story.

Pleasing to see the vilification aspect is not true.

Other than that, I support the right of the board to determine who is the best person to coach the club, and if they believe necessary, to sack the coach if they believe it is warranted - and, I believe there is a good argument in favour of punting Ando.

Latest posts