What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels deliver ultimatum to Daniel Anderson: Step Down or be Sacked & accused of racism

Should Anderson get the sack?

• Total voters

IFR33K

Coach
Whether the decision was good or bad, we will soon have a new coach.
I'm now looking forward to 2011 and hoping that a new mind in our coaching ranks can take us forward from the embarressing 12th position (13th really) of this year.

The Board has made a decision. I will be reneweing my membership, and turning up for the first game against the Dragons in Round 1 next season screaming and cheering as usual.
Life goes on.

Suity

And what happens if we have a disappointing season, and in 2012, we have a new coach appointed.

Its not that we have punted DA for a rookie, its about punting him without giving him a fair go and supporting him.

CrazyEel

Bench
And what happens if we have a disappointing season, and in 2012, we have a new coach appointed.

Its not that we have punted DA for a rookie, its about punting him without giving him a fair go and supporting him.
You mean like you supported Hagan getting another year?

Glenn

First Grade
Well whatever happens I won't go to or watch an Eels game ever again until the current board is voted out. Ever.

And I can't believe I'm saying that about the club I have supported passionately for the past 25+ years.

Why punish the players, for the ineptitude of the board?

Suitman

Post Whore
So what was the board doing to correct this, just hoping it would all change?

Thats a good point tbh. Two ways of looking at it.

1. You pay a coach $300 k's a year and give him full autonomy.
2. You do a preformance appraisal at the end of each year, and judge him accordingly.

I believe Anderson has just had his performance appraisal.

Suity

Glenn

First Grade

2. You do a preformance appraisal at the end of each year, and judge him accordingly.

Suity

If someone isn't performing as required, then the board if pro-active step in to correct the situation before it gets out of hand.
Giving a coach full autonomy is just a cop out by the board IMHO.

Uncle Leo

Juniors

Suity

Here's the thing...... Ando DID NOT have control or choice in the team. Even "STERLO" knew this, from the comments he made this morning!!

CrazyEel

Bench
Here's the thing...... Ando DID NOT have control or choice in the team. Even "STERLO" knew this, from the comments he made this morning!!
Here's the thing, you don't know that, your just speculating to support your agenda. We can all make up crap if you want to go down that path.

Bazal

Post Whore
Ummm...why are people bringing up Hagan at all? He walked after it was confirmed he would see it his contract citing health reasons. FFS, totally different situation, and totally unbendable to anything that will in any way back up your opinion or make those criticising the decision look like we're "hypocrites".

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Here's the thing, you don't know that, your just speculating to support your agenda. We can all make up crap if you want to go down that path.

How the f*ck do you know, what I know. This is FACT buddy, whether you believe it or not, I don't really give a sh*t. YOU "may need to make up crap, to go down that path", I don't.

BTW Agenda?

Latest posts