What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels game.

red rocket

Juniors
I was at a wedding last night and the bride's father was a mad Saints supporter. He and his brother came up to me and asked if I knew the score. The dad said it was 22-0 and Widdop could be gone for the year. He commented that we were stuffed and he asked why I thought we weren't playing the way we did in the first half of the season.His brother, who is an education office for Country RLeague said,
"You Saints supporters don't get it do you? They ARE playing the way they did in the first half of the season, they are playing EXACTLY the same way they did at the beginning. That's the problem.
They use the same attacking structure, play the same sweeping moves and, worst of all, their defensive plan is the same as day one. Good teams adjust, yours doesn't."
He also said the referee crackdown at the beginning of the year had helped our quick one forward up, quick play the ball and another forward up one off the ruck, then a sweeping backline move. Teams have learnt to slow us down in the ruck and as the penalties have dried up a little and the 10 metres is not being policed as much we still play the same way.
I think he is right.......sigh
Have heard hunt and widodo have had a falling out in this morning's paper it says two forwards from a team in contention for the finals not on speaking terms the way our mob are playing it could be us anyone no the truth because saints are stuffed

j0nesy

Bench
I was at a wedding last night and the bride's father was a mad Saints supporter. He and his brother came up to me and asked if I knew the score. The dad said it was 22-0 and Widdop could be gone for the year. He commented that we were stuffed and he asked why I thought we weren't playing the way we did in the first half of the season.His brother, who is an education office for Country RLeague said,
"You Saints supporters don't get it do you? They ARE playing the way they did in the first half of the season, they are playing EXACTLY the same way they did at the beginning. That's the problem.
They use the same attacking structure, play the same sweeping moves and, worst of all, their defensive plan is the same as day one. Good teams adjust, yours doesn't."
He also said the referee crackdown at the beginning of the year had helped our quick one forward up, quick play the ball and another forward up one off the ruck, then a sweeping backline move. Teams have learnt to slow us down in the ruck and as the penalties have dried up a little and the 10 metres is not being policed as much we still play the same way.

Well the penalties didn’t dry up for Parra, 6-0 at 19 minutes. Most in and around the ruck, and some very soft.

Red V for life

Juniors
Have heard hunt and widodo have had a falling out in this morning's paper it says two forwards from a team in contention for the finals not on speaking terms the way our mob are playing it could be us anyone no the truth because saints are stuffed
My old man had told me a week or two ago he’d been told all is not well in camp. In particular, Hunt was unhappy and wanting out.

You take that stuff with a grain of salt but maybe there is something to it.

Hopefully our man on the ground dragonsamy can shed some light.

Drag Queen

Bench
Did you see the mistakes Turbo Tom made the last few weeks...(Origin player )

With all due respect, calling someone a "Cat" from behind a keyboard is basically cowardly...if you want to agree with that, then that's disappointing but that is your prerogative.

Emotions are running high, and no doubt we all say things we regret in the light of a new day...

I'll leave it at that.....
I didn't call him a cat GS. That came from someone else. Agree that emotions are running high though... Thought Tommy Turbo looked pretty damn good yesterday. Praise when it's due? Is that allowed to be said?.

Drag Queen

Bench
My old man had told me a week or two ago he’d been told all is not well in camp. In particular, Hunt was unhappy and wanting out.

I trust Samy in these situations. Apparently I have had a comment removed due to sexual reasons? Yeap. Good one Crush. You've outdone yourself this time :rolleyes:.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We havnt got a snow balls chance in hell of improving from here...and its to late now ,but did you notice last night the score was 34 to 6 with 12 to go and still McGregor had our busted forwards on the field and blokes like Latimore sitting on the bench....allowing for Widdop being gone for the match and the game well and truly over for us shortly after half time why didnt the idiot rest some of our buggered players.....as I said its immaterial now but hes bloody clueless especially with his statement that we still have a chance of the four....if he really tbinks that (and hes probably the only one in the country) why didnt he take the opportunity to do it....clueless and incompetent thats why

slippery5

Juniors
Ennis reported weeks ago he heard there is a fallout in the Dragons camp.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Yes it looks like we are gone this season. Hard to say why form has tanked so sharply.

Must say 7-0 penalty count in 1st half hour is very unusual.

Anyone remember frizzel’s 1st early run where he charged 20 metres odd and the parramatta bloke held on to him and wouldn’t let go to stop our momentum. When we finally got the ball played the eels bloke stood in the play the ball ruck. I was waiting for the penalty and sin bin.

One teams great ‘linespeed’ Is another’s offside.

Anyway, like everyone here I’m gutted that we could at least make a go of it tonight.
We have been caned in the first half of the past 3 games. To the point the game is over before we get any decent ball. 2 soft binnings. If ref interpretation has changed, coach has been delinquent in not changing the game plan. I am 100% off McGregor. Doust leaving probably delays real change this season. I hope new CEO has a big set and can bring positive change.

rednwhites

Juniors
If Hunt wants out show him the door immediately and ask him to leave his cash at the front desk.

I thought what Ennis said was a load of rubbish at the time but it's a bout the only thing that could explain a 36 point loss to the bottom team. I have no inside info being interstate but it really does wreak of something like this going on.

getsmarty

Immortal
I didn't call him a cat GS. That came from someone else. Agree that emotions are running high though... Thought Tommy Turbo looked pretty damn good yesterday. Praise when it's due? Is that allowed to be said?.

Yes Praise when its due and that's part of putting forward a balanced comment/argument...(next comment generalization..not aimed at you ) .the problem here.is people hone in on a players mistakes and don't give them credit for the good things they do..that was the whole point in the Tom turbo example...he is a very good player..yet last weekend was tackled had the ball dislodged and basically they lost the game....stuff like this happens...doesn't negate the fact they he is a good player...

getsmarty

Immortal

Correct..NO PLAN B...people have said this for years...Whenever our team is losing the arm wrestle..nothing changes apart from us playing sideways which is a result of not going forwards or direct..

BUCK STOPS WITH THE COACHING STAFF....fire the lot of them...

Sounds about right...

ouryears

Bench
If Hunt wants out show him the door immediately and ask him to leave his cash at the front desk.

I thought what Ennis said was a load of rubbish at the time but it's a bout the only thing that could explain a 36 point loss to the bottom team. I have no inside info being interstate but it really does wreak of something like this going on.
Half the team can go with him.
I heard hunt was pissed because of SOO and things said on field from some of our boys.

Get rid of him.

One million a year for God's sake

ouryears

Bench

Dragonsamy is part of the Mafia. He simply makes excuses for the players.

Check his posts, always defends piss poor performances.
He will shed no light.

Waiting..waiting......waiting....

Drag Queen

Bench

Yes Praise when its due and that's part of putting forward a balanced comment/argument...(next comment generalization..not aimed at you ) .the problem here.is people hone in on a players mistakes and don't give them credit for the good things they do..that was the whole point in the Tom turbo example...he is a very good player..yet last weekend was tackled had the ball dislodged and basically they lost the game....stuff like this happens...doesn't negate the fact they he is a good player...
Fair call.

Drag Queen

Bench
Dragonsamy is part of the Mafia. He simply makes excuses for the players.

Check his posts, always defends piss poor performances.
He will shed no light.

Waiting..waiting......waiting....
I've just sent hubs out to get KFC. Can it get any worse? You've dissed Samy for a while. Not sure of your rationale though. Widdop is out which should make you happy.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
Half the team can go with him.
I heard hunt was pissed because of SOO and things said on field from some of our boys.

Get rid of him.

One million a year for God's sake
Bennett was right. Never recovered from the 2015 GF.
Mentally fragile, and this is the guy meant to be driving this team!?

Latest posts