What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels greats stage coup talks - Sun-Herald

fish eel

Immortal
Rightly so, imo. We were taken as chumps, and those people who actively campaigned (rather than just sucked in to vote) and feel sadly neglected in the lack of delivery or involvement since have a right to feel that and express it.

Expressing valid opinions, is not an "agenda
".

who said that? :lol:

It's the few posters on here basically playing a game of chinese whispers and innuendo about the current board are the ones I think have the agenda.

bartman

Immortal
OK Bart name the 10 legends running, and what experience do they have in running a club..... remember mate that is the question you slammed me on a few years ago.
???

I don't think I "slammed" you on that Sevens? In December 2008 I was quite happy that three of our ex-players were wanting to be involved in our football club board. And I voted for them.

WOULD THIS BE THE TEAM... THE ONE DENIS IS COURTING......YES IT IS !!
Well, it would be an obviously option for Denis if he was interested in being involved in the club in the future. But I've posted earlier that I hope Denis just stands on his own steam (instead of forming or courting a ticket) and then the people can decide whether they want to give him one of their 7 votes or not. A ticket of ex-legends - other than 3P - gives Members what they deserve, a choice (without Denis being a factor).

Bart if other legends want to stand for election, they should do so because they can make a positive difference for our club, not stand on ticket run off the back of a personal vendetta.
When I read the article, that's exactly what I see Sevens - valid concerns laid out and a desire to make a positive difference to those concerns.

The bit in blue is quite amusing, when looking in hindsight at the 3P-News Ltd campaign and its focus on Denis....

What you have written above is rubbish Bart, the leaks making this board look foolish do not come from any 3P member...have a think about it mate, your a bit smarter than that.
I'd just as soon believe the leaks were coming from a disgruntled 3P member (who might be being overlooked for the future, or who didn't get what they were promised?) as they would somehow be coming from someone outside. Perhaps the 3P circle isn't as tight as we were being told during campaigning, and that we are being told now?

No-one likes being taken for a mug twice, and 3P need to earn my vote based on their promises and actions (communicated openly and widely to the members). If this new ticket of ex-legends forms, then Members will have that beautiful, most rare things - a REAL choice. Hype alone won't get you guys there next time...

bartman

Immortal
No blame game Gronk, the responsibility lays firmly at the feet of this board and management for not addressing a known situation months ago. Mate I apologise to every member of this club for the embarrassment caused, and don't worry the problem has and is being addressed.......but apparently my suggestion was not acceptable.
I hope so, but I question the "has" been addressed? Nothing seems to have changed to this person that's been reading the stories all year, and witnessing what I can only assume is the impact on on-field performance.

As others have probably said, you really have to cut Josh (and the rest of them that helped you guys) out of the loop. You and I both know who that means you have to cut out of the back room - maybe those high school ties are a bit too tight... But does 3P have the guts to shut down the loose lips for good, or not?

You also have to teach your Board members (like Pricey) how to say "No Comment" to the media - especially when Price is not a Director involved in NRL matters. And if you let Ossie and Spags talk to the media, you have to get them some training on how to put across a clear (and useful) message - maybe ask Todd Greenberg for some advice? The Dogs have gone from a shambles to a model outfit (despite fractures on their Board and disputes with ex-Directors), while we've looked like a rabble in the almost two years now since the electioneering started.

This off-season's media will tell whether the problem is being addressed effectively. If not, the Members look like they'll have a choice of passionate tickets to vote for - democracy at work :D.

bartman

Immortal
Sevens their lack of action, or indeed the rate of progress is self inflicted.

Is it really that hard to send a e-mail to the membership on to have a meet and greet with the board in Sterlos or the Auditorium. Even if it is a selected group of Members or those that reply the earliest?

It is something 3P did during the elections, yet now they are elected they can't do it?
The point has been raised on and off, while we wait for the promise to be fulfilled, and we wait for an answer.

And people wonder why there is little trust in some of the Board members? :lol:

Looking forward to Sevens' answer to this one tomorrow.

Haynzy

First Grade
The bit in blue is quite amusing, when looking in hindsight at the 3P-News Ltd campaign and its focus on Denis....

My impression was that Sevens was being a bit tongue in cheek there.

I'd just as soon believe the leaks were coming from a disgruntled 3P member (who might be being overlooked for the future, or who didn't get what they were promised?) as they would somehow be coming from someone outside. Perhaps the 3P circle isn't as tight as we were being told during campaigning, and that we are being told now?

I think that you are being a bit mischievous here Bart... A disgruntled member of the remnants of the old board seems just as plausible but as we are just guessing at who the leak is, and as many are jumping to conclusions based on their own guesswork, all that is happening is we are providing more fodder for the unscrupulous press.

bartman

Immortal
I think that you are being a bit mischievous here Bart... A disgruntled member of the remnants of the old board seems just as plausible but as we are just guessing at who the leak is, and as many are jumping to conclusions based on their own guesswork, all that is happening is we are providing more fodder for the unscrupulous press.
There's only one left now, isn't there H?

It's a big accusation by Sevens if he's publicly pinning the blame for leaks on that one former Board director.... or trying to imply that it is that one person.

Maybe I've misunderstood him, maybe his coded posts are referring to another individual in the club - but I'm not sure how many of the old employees are still left?

btaag

Juniors
Yes you are right, we said within 3 years.

We would have been still walking on water if the boys won last years Grand Final.

You would'nt know where I put those goggles. snorkle and flippers, would you??

The glib response is understasndable as my original comment was equally trongue in cheek.

However, more seriously, what/where is your strategic direction for Parramatta in 2011???
Our Toyota Cup side is pathetic, we have seemingly $850k to offer Quade Cooper, yet our local kids are going to other clubs, you have destabilised the coach and the team generally, handled Nathan Cayless's retirement like he was a volunteer at a garage sale, and have generally p#ssed lots of people off.

If you had an excuse for the terrible season we have had, had 3-4 players we are close to signing, and generally had a vision for the future, I would not be so guarded about everything to do with the current administration (noting that 'guarded' is the word )

I still think we should give this ticket more time or at least a chance to map out the future before completely condemning them.

Haynzy

First Grade
I agree mate, it is a big accusation and not one I'm willing to have a guess at.

I know this is a discussion board and people should feel free to discuss stuff but all too often people make unsubstantiated claims that just exacerbate the rumourmongering.

born an eel

Bench
I just wish the board would give some of the leniency and patience that they are asking for to the coach. Sevens talks about taking time to get things happening but they expect instant success from DA without giving him the opportunity to assemble his own roster.

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

mrpwnd

Bench
have you guys been reading the news ? apparently Kevin Rudd is the leak
cool_story_bro.jpg

Is that your honest opinion MITS? or are you just making this suggestion because it is not on the annual report yet?

Hearing from someone who was on the Board and now works at the club, the word is the LC has had a number of very lean months indeed possibablly negative months before the 30th of June, there is some thought that July may have picked up.

But all in all the question is has the club acutally turned around yet? For that we wait till the Annual report next April.

Uncle Leo

Juniors
Hearing from someone who was on the Board and now works at the club, the word is the LC has had a number of very lean months indeed possibablly negative months before the 30th of June, there is some thought that July may have picked up.

But all in all the question is has the club acutally turned around yet? Forthat we wait till the Annual report next April.

No MITS, you do not have to wait until April 2011.

Any financial member of Parramatta Leagues Club Ltd is entitled, as per Clause 47H(d) of the Registered Clubs Act, to request and receive Quarterly Financial Statements. You would expect by now, that the June 2010 quarter, would be available.

I understand the person to contact is Daniel Ram.

hasman

Juniors

But all in all the question is has the club acutally turned around yet? For that we wait till the Annual report next April.

Mark, I think the club has a Bit of Life in it compared to pervoius board. At least they have enterainment in their sights. Instead of Poker Machines, More Poker Machines.

SDM

First Grade
No MITS, you do not have to wait until April 2011.

Any financial member of Parramatta Leagues Club Ltd is entitled, as per Clause 47H(d) of the Registered Clubs Act, to request and receive Quarterly Financial Statements. You would expect by now, that the June 2010 quarter, would be available.

I understand the person to contact is Daniel Ram.

Is that the bloke with Pricey in his avatar?