What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels greats stage coup talks - Sun-Herald

Sangreal 86

Juniors
Yeah Del, we know nothing is immediate, we must wait and see, I completely agree, but it would seem that as soon as the New board were elected, the club has been leaking like a sieve, and that is not stopped yet. Do we need to wade through another 2 year of bad press before we can say we are upset about it?

Do we need to say we are pissed off that certain promises that were able to be carried out by the Team that were running for the Board have failed to be carried out by the actual board, where as the old board seemed in its last 2 years did the thing promised by the new board semi regularly? Or should we wait for them to get their sh*t together for another 2 years?

Well Mark, do you not think the current board are not pissed off with the rate of progress
don't you think they are as frustrated as you, and what was the old board doing regularly over the last 2 years.

You were'nt being sarcastic with your comments above, being as informed as you are.

Well Mark, do you not think the current board are not pissed off with the rate of progress
don't you think they are as frustrated as you, and what was the old board doing regularly over the last 2 years.

You were'nt being sarcastic with your comments above, being as informed as you are.

Sevens their lack of action, or indeed the rate of progress is self inflicted.

Is it really that hard to send a e-mail to the membership on to have a meet and greet with the board in Sterlos or the Auditorium. Even if it is a selected group of Members or those that reply the earliest?

It is something 3P did during the elections, yet now they are elected they can't do it?

El Diablo

Post Whore

El Diablo

Post Whore
:lol: I know it was. Last year. Remember, that year you didn't mention? :lol:

Suity

argh. you are thick

he said i brought it up and i replied to his post saying i never mentioned it

that was correct as he first mentioned last year

Suitman

Post Whore
i'll make it easy for you Suitdrip

Obviously you took the "we" reference literally.
I took it as "we", as all fans/supporters/lovers of the club. A collective.
Love how you take an off the cuff comment so seriously.
Also love how you resort to personal abuse so readily.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
I believe it is about time we all calmed down

No change can be ultimately effective in just over 12 months, it is disappointing to not make the finals. I don't see how you can lay that at the feet of anyone but the players and the coaching staff.

The reason we screamed for change was the attitude of the previous incumbents , I have said before I don't have a foot in anyones camp, but if you have any business knowledge then you will understand that changes to the club and the football club take time to come to fruition.

Stop bleating about leaks and prices, this is the first full year and you are all wanting to smash the current board, I wish it was that easy to get results anywhere in the real world. Take a deep breeath, support the club and let us see what happens over th next 12/18 months, I fear for the outcome if DF is put back in hcarge.

X2

If we'd won just a couple more of the close games we'd be in the 8 and not even having this discussion.

fish eel

Immortal
and there's a couple of games you could say we should never have won

yeah, there is.

But really, so what?

The club is ticking along alright by all reports off field.

The old board was voted out because they'd been there too long, the club was going backwards and the CEO was refusing to guarantee our future and we needed new ideas and fresh blood.

The new board have been running the joint for a year and for the most part have been doing a decent job. Not perfect, but not half as bad as some of the posts on here have you think.

The reaction by some people on this forum to a few stories which have been based on innuendo and speculation is totally out of proportion and wouldn't be happening if we were winning.

And, if we're going to blame the new board for our on field performance, how many years of poor on field efforts did we suffer from under the previous regime?

Suitman

Post Whore
yeah, there is.

But really, so what?

The club is ticking along alright by all reports off field.

The old board was voted out because they'd been there too long, the club was going backwards and the CEO was refusing to guarantee our future and we needed new ideas and fresh blood.

The new board have been running the joint for a year and for the most part have been doing a decent job. Not perfect, but not half as bad as some of the posts on here have you think.

The reaction by some people on this forum to a few stories which have been based on innuendo and speculation is totally out of proportion and wouldn't be happening if we were winning.

And, if we're going to blame the new board for our on field performance, how many years of poor on field efforts did we suffer from under the previous regime?

What you said is logical.
Unfortunately, that mindset doesn't come into many opinions around here.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
But the 'agenda' suity the 'agenda' :lol:

seems to me the people with the agenda are the ones throwing that word around.....

bartman

Immortal
Mark, as you know, we discussed this subject at length at the Titanium Bar. I think we both agreed that despite the innuendo, until something more tangible surfaces, it is irresponsible of people to throw the word "agenda" around willy nilly.
As can be seen on this very forum, people take the word as gospel and run with it, despite not actually knowing anything at all. We've seen countless examples of this over the past month.

I suppose that was the point I was trying to get across.

Suity

True, however that didn't stop a number of people using it during the last election, and I don't remember you pulling up to many of those.
And there in one simple sentence, the hypocrisy of taking a certain stance then versus taking a different stance now, is fully illuminated and defused. :clap:

bartman

Immortal
not quite at the 'sky is falling' stage yet, but i still feel a bit.... used?
Rightly so, imo. We were taken as chumps, and those people who actively campaigned (rather than just sucked in to vote) and feel sadly neglected in the lack of delivery or involvement since have a right to feel that and express it.

Expressing valid opinions, is not an "agenda".