What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels greats stage coup talks - Sun-Herald

Freak2

Juniors
I respect that you have the right to your point of view, but Denis is gone, Denis is never coming back, but yes the professionalism you mention must be taken on the chin by this board.

Leaks to the Telecrap, as you graciously refer. has been addressed, far too late, but all the same, addressed.

Thankyou for your kind support, Freak 2.....you are not related to Freak 1, are you?

There's only one Freak Sangreal, and his name is not Jarryd Hayne!;-)

Mate, you have suggested the issues are arising out of a splintered board which I totally respect and agree with you. Is it possible to look at this and address this in the constitution? If so how, or has it been done?

The other individual bug bear I have is the increase in fee to be a member of the Football Club. For someone who strictly wants a voice and increase from $25 to $70 was an interesting change implemented??:?

Delboy

First Grade
I believe it is about time we all calmed down

No change can be ultimately effective in just over 12 months, it is disappointing to not make the finals. I don't see how you can lay that at the feet of anyone but the players and the coaching staff.

The reason we screamed for change was the attitude of the previous incumbents , I have said before I don't have a foot in anyones camp, but if you have any business knowledge then you will understand that changes to the club and the football club take time to come to fruition.

Stop bleating about leaks and prices, this is the first full year and you are all wanting to smash the current board, I wish it was that easy to get results anywhere in the real world. Take a deep breeath, support the club and let us see what happens over th next 12/18 months, I fear for the outcome if DF is put back in hcarge.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Yes you are right, we said within 3 years.

We would have been still walking on water if the boys won last years Grand Final.

You would'nt know where I put those goggles. snorkle and flippers, would you??

well 3P can't claim much for last year seeing the team, coach etc etc had been decided before they took over

Sangreal 86

Juniors
There's only one Freak Sangreal, and his name is not Jarryd Hayne!;-)

Mate, you have suggested the issues are arising out of a splintered board which I totally respect and agree with you. Is it possible to look at this and address this in the constitution? If so how, or has it been done?

The other individual bug bear I have is the increase in fee to be a member of the Football Club. For someone who strictly wants a voice and increase from $25 to $70 was an interesting change implemented??:?

The splinter should read the constitution.

I will put your concern on membership fees to the people in the know, and get you some first hand reasoning.

Delboy

First Grade
ED is a sh**stirrer of the first order, it seems we are ranking with some of the most fickle supporters at the moment.It can become a bit depressing, instant rewards etc etc, maybe a few posters need to be over 40 to understand that notihng is immediate, gee they make this forum unreadable at times.

The splinter should read the constitution.

I will put your concern on membership fees to the people in the know, and get you some first hand reasoning.

I will save you the trip.

This was bought up to Ossie at the Supporters club meeting in May or June, as some members can no longer be Season ticket Holders due to the number of Night games, but also feel that the increase from $25 to $70 was to much to handle.

Ossie said he would look into it. But the Vice president (the person raising it) received a call back on the issue saying that Membership was $70 and it would not be changing.

I spoke with Ossie about it, and he was of the opinion, we need 1 type of membership for all, and that is to be the Blue and Gold army at $70 per year. He also hopes that it would be like an AFL club, where members consider membership renewal letters like a Rates letter and just pay it ever year.

Personally that is what I do but hey.

Freak2

Juniors
ED is entitled to his opinion as much as disagree with them. The new board got a honeymoon period for sure but they maximised the return as well. Now will be the time when they will need to lift.

I just hope for all the mud slingers they also can recognise the positives. The 2 things to stand out for myself was the phenominal appointment of Ozzie and secondly the club being far less dependent on the boxes and more focused on membership. Now you cannot in anyway suggest the old regime had anything to do with that!!

ED is a sh**stirrer of the first order, it seems we are ranking with some of the most fickle supporters at the moment.It can become a bit depressing, instant rewards etc etc, maybe a few posters need to be over 40 to understand that notihng is immediate, gee they make this forum unreadable at times.

Yeah Del, we know nothing is immediate, we must wait and see, I completely agree, but it would seem that as soon as the New board were elected, the club has been leaking like a sieve, and that is not stopped yet. Do we need to wade through another 2 year of bad press before we can say we are upset about it?

Do we need to say we are pissed off that certain promises that were able to be carried out by the Team that were running for the Board have failed to be carried out by the actual board, where as the old board seemed in its last 2 years did the thing promised by the new board semi regularly? Or should we wait for them to get their sh*t together for another 2 years?

Sangreal 86

Juniors

This was bought up to Ossie at the Supporters club meeting in May or June, as some members can no longer be Season ticket Holders due to the number of Night games, but also feel that the increase from $25 to $70 was to much to handle.

Ossie said he would look into it. But the Vice president (the person raising it) received a call back on the issue saying that Membership was $70 and it would not be changing.

I spoke with Ossie about it, and he was of the opinion, we need 1 type of membership for all, and that is to be the Blue and Gold army at $70 per year. He also hopes that it would be like an AFL club, where members consider membership renewal letters like a Rates letter and just pay it ever year.

Thankyou Mark, very kind of you.

Freak2

Juniors

Thanks MITS!

I'm with you. More than happy to pay the $70 as long as this remains $70. In fact I'd be more than happy to pay $1000 up front as a lifetime membership and never worry about it again. ALA the Leagues club membership. Just don't try and offer me something I don't want to justify the 250%+ increase. All I want is my vote when it counts.

As we know the FC vote was extremely tight and is always going to be the vote that counts (as per the current set up). I wonder how many people that voted with DF and his team did not renew their memberships given this increase.
Call me synical but I just say it as I see it.

Thanks MITS!

I'm with you. More than happy to pay the $70 as long as this remains $70. In fact I'd be more than happy to pay $1000 up front as a lifetime membership and never worry about it again. ALA the Leagues club membership. Just don't try and offer me something I don't want to justify the 250%+ increase. All I want is my vote when it counts.

As we know the FC vote was extremely tight and is always going to be the vote that counts (as per the current set up). I wonder how many people that voted with DF and his team did not renew their memberships given this increase.
Call me synical but I just say it as I see it.

I know there were plenty of pissed of people, but hey I pay about $15 less for 3 votes (in two years) compared to my one.