What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Holden Cup Team and junior reps thread, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utey

Coach
I think it was more due to the platform installed by Smith prior to Hagan's arrival.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There were some good players in that 2008 NYC team

Parramatta v Dragons
Suncorp Stadium
Sat 20 September 2008
Time: 5:30pm

Eels Toyota Cup Team

1 Kristopher Keating
2 Nathan Gardner
3 Tony Williams
4 Taniela Lasalo
5 Mase Laulu Togagae
P6 Daniel Mortimer
7 Trent Hodkinson
8 Tim Robinson
9 Anthony Mitchell
10 Tim Mannah [c]
11 Jay Heming
12 David Baumann
13 Martin Lewis

Subs
14 Luke Mottinelli
15 Joel Latham
16 Joseph Mataele
17 Jonathon Mannah
19 Albert Kelly
20 Mitchell Allgood

Gronk

Staff member
Leaving aside the fact that only three of the Tigers' NRL team are eligible for the NYC, did you know our inaugural (2008) NYC team finished 5th?

Since then they finished thusly:

2009: 12th
2010: 16th
2011: 12th
2012: 15th
2013: 14th (currently)

Why do you think they were so strong under Hagan, and so dismal under the three coaches since? More to the point, who deserves the credit for their strength in 2008?

What might that say about how long it takes to tear down a strong 'academy', much less build one?

Best spin masterclass since Shane Warne.

Captain BF

Juniors
Takai Moeakiola has the strangest looking body shape for a winger i've seen. He looks like an only slightly smaller frank pritchard.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Takai Moeakiola has the strangest looking body shape for a winger i've seen. He looks like an only slightly smaller frank pritchard.

Him, Tuitahi and Toutai are three outside backs finishing their NYC eligibility this year. I wonder if any of them will find NRL contracts for 2014.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
An often used statement but to improve it has to start with good defence. Regretably that requirement isnt anywhere to be found at our club no matter where one looks.
Is this were we expected Dean Pay to excell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts