What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Eelementary

Post Whore
Orthostatic hypotension is a thing in some teenagers. Basically the body grows disproportionately faster than the heart. This can cause episodes of low blood pressure and they feel faint or light headed. The heart grows stronger in time and the light headedness passes. My son used to get it.

I have no doubt at all that for some young kids, the reasons they cannot exert themselves for too long are physiological.

But I do believe that the generation of 18 to 24-year olds we have now are lazy, self-interested, and afraid of hard work.

Like with many other "rules" in life, there are exceptions - but I hate working with anyone under 30 these days, because they simply don't pull their weight.

Gronk

Staff member
I have no doubt at all that for some young kids, the reasons they cannot exert themselves for too long are physiological.

But I do believe that the generation of 18 to 24-year olds we have now are lazy, self-interested, and afraid of hard work.

Like with many other "rules" in life, there are exceptions - but I hate working with anyone under 30 these days, because they simply don't pull their weight.
My post was in reference to young merkins feeling faint.

Agree on their generation. Too reliant on Mummy and Daddy these days. Not their fault entirely as they grew up in an age which required them to have supervised visits to the park etc.

A stark contrast to all of us I'm sure. No cash other than a few silver coins and we'd roam the suburbs and bushland on our bikes until it got dark.

Gronk

Staff member
This article is the same as 10 before it. The merkin predicts a 17 however.

EELS’ BEST 17

1. Clint Gutherson

2. Blake Ferguson

3. Brad Takairangi

4. Michael Jennings

5. George Jennings

6. Dylan Brown

7. Mitchell Moses

8. Daniel Alvaro

9. Reed Mahoney

10. Junior Paulo

11. Shaun Lane

12. Manu Ma’u

13. Nathan Brown

14. Peni Terepo

15. Tim Mannah

16. Marata Niukore

17. Tepai Moeroa

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/r...-recruits-ng-8f4299546c68759dab8913ef23067176

Gronk

Staff member
Can anyone post this please ?

Paywalled.
sherlock.gif

Supercoach 2019 Team Study Guide - Parramatta Eels

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/4889470ba5d589071240e4540e2e0b06

El Diablo

Post Whore
Can anyone post this please ?

Paywalled.
sherlock.gif

Supercoach 2019 Team Study Guide - Parramatta Eels

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/4889470ba5d589071240e4540e2e0b06

NRL SuperCoach 2019 team study guide: Parramatta Eels

Sam Rohlf, The Daily Telegraph
January 20, 2019 11:13am

After finishing fourth in the NRL in 2017, blue and gold faithfuls were expecting a big season from the Parramatta Eels in 2018.

I, for one, had high hopes the Eels would play late into September but was left deflated as Parramatta tumbled to the bottom of the ladder for their 14th wooden spoon since entering the competition in 1947.

With only six wins last season, coach Brad Arthur has a tough job to get Parramatta off the bottom of the ladder in what is the final year of his current contract. As a big fan of coach Arthur, I hope to see him re-signed at some stage this season.

Coach Arthur was active in securing some larger body shapes in Junior Paulo and the 6ft 5in Manly edge backrower Shaun Lane.

I can only hope the only way is up for Parramatta. Hopefully a change of home ground out at Bankwest Stadium (in the golden west of Sydney), which opens around Easter, will be a graveyard for visiting teams.

BYE

Round 16

GUN

Nathan Brown (2RF $582,000)

2018 Average 62.2

Brown had a solid but not spectacular SuperCoach season last year. Overall, his numbers were down on his previous breakout season, but still good enough to finish with a 62PPG average. Brown finished with a season total of 933 points, over 500 points down from the 1485 points made in the previous season. That was partly because he only played 15 games due to injury and also because he played in the wooden spoon team. Brown’s PPM of 0.91 was still in the respectable range and some improvement on his 68MPG is a slight possibility. Potential owners will be hoping Brown can pick up some bonus attacking stats as he has crossed the try line just once in each of the last two seasons. I think Brown will start off under the radar and be a nice early POD for risk takers. One to keep tabs on as the Eels are play the first bye round.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

EELS’ BEST 17

1. Clint Gutherson

2. Blake Ferguson

3. Brad Takairangi

4. Michael Jennings

5. George Jennings

6. Dylan Brown

7. Mitchell Moses

8. Daniel Alvaro

9. Reed Mahoney

10. Junior Paulo

11. Shaun Lane

12. Manu Ma’u

13. Nathan Brown

14. Peni Terepo

15. Tim Mannah

16. Marata Niukore

17. Tepai Moeroa

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/r...-recruits-ng-8f4299546c68759dab8913ef23067176

This is the closest one I've seen, 16/17. Just take Taka out and put Salmon in.

Chipmunk

Coach

EELS’ BEST 17

1. Clint Gutherson

2. Blake Ferguson

3. Brad Takairangi

4. Michael Jennings

5. George Jennings

6. Dylan Brown

7. Mitchell Moses

8. Daniel Alvaro

9. Reed Mahoney

10. Junior Paulo

11. Shaun Lane

12. Manu Ma’u

13. Nathan Brown

14. Peni Terepo

15. Tim Mannah

16. Marata Niukore

17. Tepai Moeroa

It's interesting that two of those players listed aren't currently in the Top 30 squad and as a result are not yet eligible for selection.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Rumors starting to surface of an incident regarding Mitchell Moses...

upload_2019-1-21_11-26-6.png

Anyone aware of anything about to hit the news?